“Family of five stay - great customer service”

Travelodge Hotel and Conference Centre Regina
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
“Family of five stay - great customer service”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My family of five stayed their this past weekend. Two adults and three children. The room was very clean, nice comforters, comfy beds. The fridge took a while to work and there is no fan in the bathroom which makes the room humid. However we requested an air mattress for our third child and it was waiting for us when we arrived. Plenty of towels and blankets. HUGE plasma tv which was a very nice touch. The room was just big enough, any smaller and we would have been cramped, but perfect for a family of four.

We had breakfast at the restaurant. Our server was very nice! Food was excellent! Even my son got his oatmeal which he eats every morning. Only cost $4. The girls had pancakes so it only cost me $16 for the three of them.

My kids loved the pools and waterslide. YES it is very, very loud but that's to be expected!! The main pool was very warm! On the second day that we were there was a man working by the towel station and he would get up and warn other kids when they started to go crazy like down the waterslide, which was good. They would come off the slide in a train crashing into each other. Now I don't care what other kids do but if any of them were to have landed on my kids I would have been very ticked!! The big pool was shallow enough for my five year old.
The girl who worked during Friday night just sat on her butt looking extremely bored.

My only major issue which was not the hotel's fault were the parents in room 155 who left their boys alone in room 157, that evening. They were either watching TV or playing a game but they were screaming and yelling their heads off for at least an hour! I called security who promptly came and asked them to stop. I thought they left their door open, that's how loud they were!! Some parents are so inconsiderate and lack common sense!! These boys continued to bang against the wall just to annoy us, well past 11 pm.

The front desk guy took my complaint in the morning and was very nice! Kudos to all the staff who work there (except the bored girl in the pool).

My kids loved it there.

Stayed closer to an exit door, which was nice in the -29 degree weather. Made it easier to get to my car. Dominos pizza is just a hop away. Ordered two medium pizzas with two toppings for $16.99. Took my husband less than five minutes to walk out and get it! (no lie, I timed him!) Very tasty! I just wish they had rooms with a King and a double pull out sofa to accommodate larger families, but well worth the stay. I must also add that the food at Melrose Family Restaurant (right next to Earl's) was SO GOOD. LOTS OF FOOD and yummy!!! They also have a huge koi aquarium that the kids will like!!!

Room Tip: corner rooms are close to the exits and it makes an easy get away to your car in the -30 degree weat...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
SASKATOON
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The hotel was excellent. It was clean and pleasant, with helpful staff every step of the way.

The restaurant was hit and miss however. The supper meal was a rather terrible experience. Of the four meals ordered, the three burgers were all burnt to the point of making your jaw sore. The child's cheeseburger was also extremely spicy, which is bizarre given that most kid's abhore spicy food. The service was also poor. The server didn't seem too busy, but she never once came back to our table after the food was ordered; not to check on how it was, not to ask if we wanted refills. I watched, and she didn't check on any of the tables around me either.

Breakfast was a good experience, with good food and good service.

One note -- I wasn't aware of the free breakfast. I know that's technically my fault, but perhaps more advertising would have been good. A promotion doesn't do any good if your customer's don't know about it.

PRINCE ALBERT
Reviewed January 16, 2013

wasn't nice when your in your room and 10 minutes later somebody else is walking in saying it's their room(but was gald we were in there because could have come back to an empty room)....also it was not good having to walk down to the front desk the 1st 3 times we wanted to get into our room because the card didn't work and last thing, the noise from the wedding that was there that night was a disgrace at 2am when everybody was going back to their rooms.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 15, 2013

All the staff went above and beyond what I expected! We stayed for a wedding and I had to wear a bow-tie, which I assumed I would be able to tie myself with internet assistance. That was not the case. With two fantastic attempts by the kitchen manager and Kevin, Ryan the general manager arranged for me to go to men's store and the problem was solved. It was a 5 star experience of hospitality, and the rooms were perfect.
thank you!

Room Tip: If youre not using the pool, ask for a room which is not poolside. Poolside would be excellent if y...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
PROVOST
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I would like to say that i will never stay at the hotel again. We had issues with other peoples kids running up and down the hallway all night and i know sercurity went and dealt with it once but it continued on until about 1130 was not impressed. Informed the manager about it before we left and nothing was done. So we will not be staying there nor will i recommend it to anyone else.

1 Thank Amanda S