“Surprisingly Unimpressive” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Portage la Prairie, Canada
“Surprisingly Unimpressive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

I had high hopes staying at this hotel because I like the Ramada chain. I was surprised that there were as many things that were impressive as disappointing. The main highlights were everything besides the room; the pool, the friendly staff, the WiFi, and the restaurant were great. The room itself was really small and outdated. Even the wallpaper was peeling. I was also disappointed by the added expenses of paid parking and no continental breakfast.

Room Tip: The elevator is very fast, don't hesitate to stay high up
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear MarcG,

We are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your last trip to the Ramada Plaza Regina. We have done extensive renovations as you have noticed and we have even more planned for this summer to address many of your kind comments. One thing we will not change is our amazing staff and our industry leading Wi-Fi which we are very proud of as well. Plus you are a very insightful individual may I say, you did notice we have the quickest most efficient elevators in the city after we completed a substantial upgrade to this great feature.

My sincere apologies and all our best as well

306-569-7476

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

Recently stayed one night at this beautiful hotel. The old charm is a great feature, I'm a little dissapointed that I didn't need a haircut as the barber shop looks awesome.

The front desk staff was very friendly on our arrival and the check in was quick and efficient. We had a couple of cocktails and appetizers in the lounge, the staff were super helpful with menu reccomendations, and the bartender obviously knows his drinks. The Old Fashioned was excellent. The decor of the lounge is really classy and looks like something out of a 50s movie, fun atmosphere and a cool spot to relax.

We also spent some time in the hot tub, steam room and exercise room. The attendant was great and the facilities really well looked after.

Our room was quite nice, a really comfortable bed and a decent size for tha age of the hotel. Some things are looking a little dated and worn, but that is to be expected with an older hotel. They seem to be doing a great job of keeping things maintained and still keeping the old charm.

I would definitely stay here again. I also think it speaks volumes that management takes the time to respond to every review on this site. They obviously care a lot about the guest experience and seem genuinley concerned about quality of the whole experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear puck34,

Nothing pleases us more than when a seasoned Trip Advisor contributor comments on our Ramada Plaza Regina. You are the main reason we love this program so much. It allows us to interact with our current and potential future guest’s in a very positive direct fashion. I find it so kind of you to express your positive comments regarding our amazing group of staff at the Ramada Plaza Regina. Many hotels may say they have great staff but we let you the valued guest state this, which I feel is the most honest opinion of our hotel, which we thank you.

Thank-you once again for your kind words and please stop by and say hello the next time you are back in our beautiful Queen City.

Thank-you once again and all my best

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

My recollection of Ramada hotels was of so-so quality, so I was very pleasantly surprised by our stay here. Has Ramada as a chain upgraded? Is my memory incorrect? Is it just this particular Ramada? I don't know.

This hotel is centrally located, and looks perhaps as though it has been recently renovated. Reception area is spacious and kind of funky. Rooms were also spacious, clean and beds were very comfortable.

Staff is friendly, price was reasonable. We were happy.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank readytoretirecalgary
Dear readytoretirecalgary,

It was our genuine honor to have you stay with us at the Ramada Plaza Regina. We always enjoy seeing your smile when you walk in the door and brighten all our day. You truly are a great person who is always willing to make us happy too. We are glad you call our hotel your only destination when travelling to Regina.

All my best and please stay in touch as well
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed here two nights with my dog. Really appreciate the fact that a nice hotel downtown is pet friendly and has pet friendly rooms. It was really surprising to get a nice gift basket for my dog upon check-in, that was really impressive. The front lobby was really nice. My room was pretty decent, although the carpet was stained in several areas, I am assuming from previous pet owners pets. The 12th floor was very quiet and there was no noise to bother me at night. It would be nice if they included parking in the hotel fee, rather than charge extra for it. Location is good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Salsajo,

Nothing pleases us more than when a seasoned Trip Advisor contributor comments on our Ramada Plaza Regina. You are the main reason we love this program so much. It allows us to interact with our current and potential future guest’s in a very positive direct fashion. I love the fact you were able to bring your pet to our Pet Friendly Ramada Plaza Regina. I too am a pet owner and I know how much my little Koko means to our family and she is always the first in the car when we travel, so I love being a Pet Friendly hotel. I also feel that allowing the small pet a little treat basket when they check-in is the perfect compliment as they feel part of our hotel as the owners of the pet see we go the extra mile to make them feel welcome as well. We have made a note about the carpets and we are assessing them daily as we do have a strong carpet cleaning program we follow.

Thank-you once again and all my best