“no complaints, great service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown

Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown
Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Saskatoon
“no complaints, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have to start by saying that my review might be skewed as I was chosen at the "Guest of the Day". I received an upgrade to their Cavalier Suite, breakfast voucher and an actual paper certificate with my name on it for being the customer of the day. The suite was huge, it had a dinning table, couch, desk, and bar area. Amenities included fridge, microwave and kerig machine with many coffee and tea options as well as complimentary water, robes and a 50" swivel mounted TV. The service I received from all staff was actually better than most hotels. The pool is really nice and the fitness facility is great for a hotel. The lobby and mezzanine has undergone reno's so it is up to date. Both rooms I've stayed in are quite out dated and could use some reno's as well. Great location, heart of downtown and walking distance to restaurants, shopping and pubs. Great value..

Room Tip: Try to stay on the 14-15th floor. Better amenities and service.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Ashley Joyal,

I am so glad you enjoyed “Our Guest of the Day” during your most recent stay with the Ramada Plaza Regina. We love the smiles we get when we announce this great concept as our guest’s love it. I also have great news too as we are planning on a major hotel guest room renovation which will only enhance our hotel even more.

Please let me know when you are back in Regina and I will gladly offer you a nice upgrade as we do appreciate all comments from our valued guests

306-569-7476

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Estevan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed at the Ramada Plaza last week and once again we couldn't have been happier.Good clean rooms top notch food and as always the staff were fantastic.i have never seen a hotel where each and every staff member seems to be so happy with their jobs and that translates to great customer service.!!!! Don't waste your money staying anywhere else if you want to be treated like Royalty stay at the Regina Ramada Plaza.!!! The perfect place for a relaxing getaway.!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Paul,

It is a true pleasure reading your Trip Advisor comments about our Ramada Plaza Regina and the rating you gave us is a true honor. We do strive continually to make sure our guests enjoy every facet of our hotel and it seems like we did knock it out of the park for you.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

I first stayed here in early September on business. Reason why I stayed here was
the close proximity to Regina Hospital where my work was located. The next two
trips was the same reason.
Stay one: Air conditioner was so noisy, I had to shut it off. Sleep was a bit uncomfortable
due to this. However, the bed was amazingly comfortable!!! Had the Veg omelette for breakfast
and was very good.
Stay two Sept 30: Room 605 was a bad room. The wind was blowing and it made the windows
rattle and was very noisy! I couldn't sleep that well. I did make a point to tell the front staff the next morning and the Lady did say they will take care of it immediately. I was checking out that day so I assumed the next guest would not be inconvenienced by such a nuisance. " Read stay three"
Stay Three Oct 1: Due to unexpected work, I had to re-book again for tonight. Yes, they put me
in the same room without the maintenance on the window!! I immediately refused that and they put me into 803. This room was perfect! Very quiet and as the other two nights, the bed is amazing!!!
The proximity to the hospital ( ten minute walk ), is ideal for business purposes. The staff are very polite and professional in their work. Restaurant and bar is great for business meetings.
Not sure if I would stay here on a personal stay. There are lot's of close bars and restaurants
close by, if you want to go out by yourself or take business associates.
I would rate this as a 3 star.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

I spent 5 nights on business. I called ahead and advised that I needed to work in my room. Manager upgraded my room. WiFi was excellent. Good reception all week. Rooms are a little dated but clean. Service was excellent. I would stay there again

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Callogero,

All I can say is wow, an amazing Trip Advisor comment is always welcomed at our Hotel. You were an absolute pleasure to work with during your most recent stay with us too.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed at the Ramada wile attending a Roughriders game. We paid a large sum of money for the rooms and the shower wouldn't work whatsoever. Upon complaining upon checkout the woman said you need to pull the knob out aggressively to make it work. Told her that I pulled so hard that I was worried that it would rip off the wall. Paid full price for the room. I won't be back!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank DerekF1975
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Derek 1975,

The next day after I read your concern on Trip Advisor we went to the guest room and the stem was fairly easy to use, unfortunately it seems that you were trying to pull the stem up as it actually slides east to west, sorry but it was fairly easy to use. I am truly sorry as I can see how we are used to pulling north and south on the stem to activate the showers but ours are not that style. I also confirmed that our housekeepers check the showers daily and have to utilize them so they can clean the area also, just to ensure they are operating efficiently as we do with a few items in each guest room.