“2 in one Idk”

Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown
Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

The moment I entered the lobby at the Ramada, I was very pleased to see the elegant ambience with a restaurant and a lounge. Seeing this, I was so excited to get to my room and relax.

The front desk lady was ok, She was nice enough but she didn't tell me the hotel features and perks... I've worked in front desk so I know this is an SOP.

Then, my excitement quickly transformed into confusion as soon as I got off the elevator... It seems like a time travel! The outdated look of the corridor made it look motel-y. I though it's going to be another "time travel" in a good way when I reached my room. Turned out that my room matched the corridors :( Then I realized that it was an old structure. I got a room with a bed but my room is small and the bathtub doesn't drain very well which kinda bothered me. The room especially the bathrom showed a great sign of wear and tear. Well, at least my bed is very comfy and my sleep was fantastic.

Overall, I hope Ramada renovates its rooms and corridors to match the elegant lobby.

• Stayed: May 2013
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Emmylou S,

It was our pleasure seeing you in our hotel during your last visit, may I say you made a positive impression on our staff as you were very polite and a pure pleasure to serve may I say. We thank-you for your kind words relating to our most recent renovation to our hotel lobby area. But we also just a major renovation to completely paint & placed new lighting on all our guest room floors

Please have a safe and enjoyable summer and we will see you once again as your travels brings you back to Regina

Reviewed May 30, 2013

The lobby is nice, and the rooms are a bit outdated. But the service is excellent! The staff was very attentive and resolved all issues quickly and satisfactorily. The location was perfect, able to walk wherever we needed to go and well located near an excellent park with a beautiful lake.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mdennis,

Thank-you for your kind words about our hotels service and how hard we work at keeping it top of mind for our valued guest’s to enjoy. We do continually strive to raise the bar on service and it is so nice of you to notice and provide a comment on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Old dated regular rooms with tiny bathrooms, but on the plus side very clean.
The Atrium restaurant is very poor.... Ribs for starters which were cold in the middle followed by Wilted spinach & cold soggy garlic bread ... Can't say it had much appeal. Will definitely find somewhere else to eat tomorrow.

Room Tip: Book a business room which has been renovated or go elsewhere.

Dear Alplan,

I am sorry you did not enjoy our Atrium Restaurant during your last visit with the Ramada Plaza Regina. We have a new menu that will be rolling out shortly and I promise you that it will be a nice compliment to our amazing hotel.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in May 2013 along with my daughter's volleyball team (we were there for the 15U Western Canadian Nationals). When you walk into the grand entrance it is all very opulent. Then....when the elevator opens up to your floor...you are greeted by ugly, stained 70's carpeting. And...more disappointing are the rooms. The only new thing in our room was a fridge and tv. Where do I even begin? The mattress was terrible. My husband and I rolled to the middle of the mattress since it seemed to dip to the center. The bedspreads were obviously still from the 70's as well as the window coverings (which didn't close properly). The wifi was painfully slow. The tv remote didn't have a sleep option. The bathroom shower curtain rod was broken and the curtain kept sliding to the center (thankfully my husband is very MacGyver-ish and was able to rig it up so that our bathroom wouldn't become a pool). The water control fixture in the shower was loose. The blowdryer was falling apart. There was no fan in the bathroom (can you imagine the mold growing where we can't see it??). Our coffee wasn't replenished after our first day (we were there Friday til Monday). And here's a big kicker, we were charged a daily rate for the convenience of parking underground...except, it happened to be closed that weekend. Well, we were still charged a parking fee but we had to park on surface lots. There, coming home late (like 10pm or 10:30pm) we had to deal with all sorts of riff-raff on the streets like drunks coming up to us asking for change and what not. It was very scarey!! We were completely not impressed with that at all!! I don't believe anyone on our team didn't have issues! One parent room had a black out because the electrical shorted out. Why? Because the parent next door plugged in a curling iron and was blowdrying her hair! THAT would trip the breaker? That's nuts! The worst part was this happened to this parent while she was in the shower! It wasn't easy navigating out of there in pitch black! What if it was a senior citizen in there? This happened more than once and the hotel desk can't tell me they weren't aware of it (like the manager did when I checked out) because the door to the electrical was open on that floor and there were tools laying around on the floor (but no worker to be seen!). This had happened throughout the weekend. Another parent had his recycling bin piled high and overflowing and never emptied. Another didn't get their bed made when it was obvious that house-cleaning was in there. Some rooms had a fridge, some didn't....identical rooms but no consistency. For such a large group of people (approx 30) there was no breakfast deal provided. When I checked out I gave the girl a complete list of what was wrong with this room/hotel. The manager was 'shocked' to hear about the blackouts in two of the rooms but like I said above, the parents did call to say something and it was obvious by the work that was started on the electrical panel on that floor. I was given a percentage off on my stay. The manager did tell me that she could have moved us to another room...but were they prepared to move all of us? We were right beside my daughters room. So, would they have moved us and them? And then a domino effect would have taken place because everyone would have had to been moved. We just decided to suck it up and deal with it all. But none-the-less...I will never ever stay here again. I highly recommend to people to stay at the ICH properties (the Holiday Inn chain). We personally always stay at Staybridge Inns & Suites when we travel but there wasn't one in Regina. And sadly, our team had booked here instead of the Holiday Inn Express. Do your homework, there are plenty other better hotels to stay at. Put it this way...I have family that lives in Regina and they all said "what a beautiful hotel, The Ramada is... fancy lobby and bar". Well, they have never been beyond that and were equally stunned at how the rooms did not reflect the grand entrance. Take my word for it. It isn't worth your money. If you need to stay downtown maybe look at the Delta or Wingate.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Alexandra,

I am so sorry you did not have an enjoyable time at our hotel during your recent travels to Regina. Please accept my apologies and we did look into all your concerns and addressed them.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The room was good after we were switched, the first room there was no internet. The undeground parking complex was awful. The location was excellent, close to everything. The swimming pool was good as well as the exercise area. I would go again to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jasonkaar,

Thank-you for taking time to complete a Trip Advisor review of our Ramada Plaza Regina. I promise our internet is working as fast and efficient as ever. We have done some great enhancements to our internet service with more on its way as we know the importance of this service and we want to be the best in this area.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

From the quick check in to the check out 2 days later I totally enjoyed my stay at the Ramada Regina The girls at the desk were super helpful, Newspapers both local and National were available. The continental breakfast and the Kerric machine in the room was a nice touch The room was in awesome condition and house keeping staff very friendly and did an awesome job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear George G

We love five star service ratings, we strive to ensure our guest’s understand we truly do care and listen. The good news is we are just working on guest room upgrades which I hope to announce soon. Our guest room hallways are now complete and may I say they look pretty good too. We really appreciate your kind works George and it is a pleasure taking care of you when you stop by for a visit my friend.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013