“NEVER AGAIN!!!”

Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown
Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in May 2013 along with my daughter's volleyball team (we were there for the 15U Western Canadian Nationals). When you walk into the grand entrance it is all very opulent. Then....when the elevator opens up to your floor...you are greeted by ugly, stained 70's carpeting. And...more disappointing are the rooms. The only new thing in our room was a fridge and tv. Where do I even begin? The mattress was terrible. My husband and I rolled to the middle of the mattress since it seemed to dip to the center. The bedspreads were obviously still from the 70's as well as the window coverings (which didn't close properly). The wifi was painfully slow. The tv remote didn't have a sleep option. The bathroom shower curtain rod was broken and the curtain kept sliding to the center (thankfully my husband is very MacGyver-ish and was able to rig it up so that our bathroom wouldn't become a pool). The water control fixture in the shower was loose. The blowdryer was falling apart. There was no fan in the bathroom (can you imagine the mold growing where we can't see it??). Our coffee wasn't replenished after our first day (we were there Friday til Monday). And here's a big kicker, we were charged a daily rate for the convenience of parking underground...except, it happened to be closed that weekend. Well, we were still charged a parking fee but we had to park on surface lots. There, coming home late (like 10pm or 10:30pm) we had to deal with all sorts of riff-raff on the streets like drunks coming up to us asking for change and what not. It was very scarey!! We were completely not impressed with that at all!! I don't believe anyone on our team didn't have issues! One parent room had a black out because the electrical shorted out. Why? Because the parent next door plugged in a curling iron and was blowdrying her hair! THAT would trip the breaker? That's nuts! The worst part was this happened to this parent while she was in the shower! It wasn't easy navigating out of there in pitch black! What if it was a senior citizen in there? This happened more than once and the hotel desk can't tell me they weren't aware of it (like the manager did when I checked out) because the door to the electrical was open on that floor and there were tools laying around on the floor (but no worker to be seen!). This had happened throughout the weekend. Another parent had his recycling bin piled high and overflowing and never emptied. Another didn't get their bed made when it was obvious that house-cleaning was in there. Some rooms had a fridge, some didn't....identical rooms but no consistency. For such a large group of people (approx 30) there was no breakfast deal provided. When I checked out I gave the girl a complete list of what was wrong with this room/hotel. The manager was 'shocked' to hear about the blackouts in two of the rooms but like I said above, the parents did call to say something and it was obvious by the work that was started on the electrical panel on that floor. I was given a percentage off on my stay. The manager did tell me that she could have moved us to another room...but were they prepared to move all of us? We were right beside my daughters room. So, would they have moved us and them? And then a domino effect would have taken place because everyone would have had to been moved. We just decided to suck it up and deal with it all. But none-the-less...I will never ever stay here again. I highly recommend to people to stay at the ICH properties (the Holiday Inn chain). We personally always stay at Staybridge Inns & Suites when we travel but there wasn't one in Regina. And sadly, our team had booked here instead of the Holiday Inn Express. Do your homework, there are plenty other better hotels to stay at. Put it this way...I have family that lives in Regina and they all said "what a beautiful hotel, The Ramada is... fancy lobby and bar". Well, they have never been beyond that and were equally stunned at how the rooms did not reflect the grand entrance. Take my word for it. It isn't worth your money. If you need to stay downtown maybe look at the Delta or Wingate.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Alexandra,

I am so sorry you did not have an enjoyable time at our hotel during your recent travels to Regina. Please accept my apologies and we did look into all your concerns and addressed them.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The room was good after we were switched, the first room there was no internet. The undeground parking complex was awful. The location was excellent, close to everything. The swimming pool was good as well as the exercise area. I would go again to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jasonkaar,

Thank-you for taking time to complete a Trip Advisor review of our Ramada Plaza Regina. I promise our internet is working as fast and efficient as ever. We have done some great enhancements to our internet service with more on its way as we know the importance of this service and we want to be the best in this area.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

From the quick check in to the check out 2 days later I totally enjoyed my stay at the Ramada Regina The girls at the desk were super helpful, Newspapers both local and National were available. The continental breakfast and the Kerric machine in the room was a nice touch The room was in awesome condition and house keeping staff very friendly and did an awesome job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear George G

We love five star service ratings, we strive to ensure our guest’s understand we truly do care and listen. The good news is we are just working on guest room upgrades which I hope to announce soon. Our guest room hallways are now complete and may I say they look pretty good too. We really appreciate your kind works George and it is a pleasure taking care of you when you stop by for a visit my friend.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Amazing hotel, amazing staff including the ones working behind the scenes. The heated underground parking is a plus in the winter, and great for security in the summer. Everyone here is amazing. Don't even have to write a long comment, I'll make it short and just tell you its a must to stay here if you are in this great city of Regina, Sask.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Skylar1111,

Well aren’t you the first ray of sunshine I seen this rainy Monday morning. Your review made me perk up as it was a pure pleasure to read how you can use the perfect amount of words packed with amazing kudos for all of our fantastic associates of the Ramada Plaza Regina. Please make sure you stop by and say hello as it would be nice to meet you and thank-you personally for your review of our hotel.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

The entrance to this hotel is very nice, as is the pool area. Once you get to the rooms, well , then the true age of the hotel shows. The hotel is obviously going through some very needed renovations. Once they are completed I am sure this will be a top notch hotel looks wise. As it sits now, there is a drastic difference between the first two floors and the rooms themselves. This being said the beds were ok and once you slapped around the old air conditioner, the room cooled off nicely. The hotel is "down town" and the usual variety of "characters' adorn the streets at night. All in all the staff were very friendly and helpful when we needed them. Would likely make sure the renovations were completed before I ventured back, but then would also expect the rates to be higher then as well.......

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear coolpoolers,

We really appreciate your positive review of our Ramada Plaza Regina Hotel, coolpoolers. I have great news we are working diligently on upgrading more of our guest rooms as we just finished all our guest room hallways!! I know you will be pleasantly surprised as we love to invest back into our hotel and ensure our guest’s have only one Hotel of choice in Regina.

Thank-you once again and all my best

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Last week we had another great stay at the Regina Ramada.As i said before this is is the best hotel in Regina.The rooms are nice and clean and the staff are top notch.The pool and hot tub are the cleanest i have ever seen.The pub downstairs is great cold beer,best wings i ever had and great staff what more could a person want.It was a very relaxing stay after a long winter.!!! Do yourself a favour and stay at the Ramada Terry and staff will treat you right.!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Paul,

Now we both know that it is our staff and the hotel amenities that are amazing, I am just a small part of the hotels success, sir. I am so humbled by your recent review for our Ramada Plaza Regina. We are human and do make the occasional mistake, but I like to think it is how we show a remarkable recovery is what makes us better. Plus every Wednesday night in Fibber Magees pub we serve the best wings for only $5.00 a basket and we do an amazing job of making them perfect for our guest’s to enjoy with a nice cold beer!.

Thank-you once again and all my best