“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Buffalo Narrows
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Great downtown location, close to anything you could want. I stayed there while on business. The room was very nice and very clean. The bathroom is a bit small considering I stayed in a suite with 2 queen beds, I'm glad I didn't have to share it with anyone! Overall a great experience and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Jennifer R,

You are a ray of sunshine on a cold Saskatchewan Spring day may I say. When we read your comment at our department head meeting you helped create a positive energy that I must thank-you for sharing your honest information related to your last stay with the Ramada Plaza Regina.

Please have a safe and enjoyable summer and we will see you soon once again

306-569-7476

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Minot, North Dakota
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We arrived without notice, we received a room and were treated like royalty, the STAFF is so on their game I expect not soon to be able to say that I have found better.
Across the board they were All pleasant, they meet you with eye contact and a SINCERE Smile.
The manager has his team on the best business performance plan which is making this hotel take a higher placement in the local community hands down.......
You will truly have a nice stay with this Ramada.
There is a little bar next door that you have to walk outside 75' and a dining and a lounge within the Ramada as well excellent restaurants across the street as well, all within a few short walk.

Room Tip: We always ask for higher up as to get a view, that is all dependant on availability but go high and...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear WingRider2011,

Getting up in the morning and being surprised by an incredibly humbling Trip Advisor as you granted us make our day start out bright. We are human and we do make a few mistakes, but I promise you we learn from them and listen closely to our guest’s feedback. As they are our true words of wisdom my friend. Your kind words have been shared with our entire team and may I say, you have helped many people including myself have an extra spring in our steps today.

We also hope you are able to sneak away for many more trips on that perfect looking motorcycle portrayed on your profile picture.

Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a convention and was assigned a queen bed-room from. Wed-sat.
Checkin was excellent staff very accommodating and pleasant.
Actually all my interactions with staff were great.
Convention room was spacious (we had aporox 230participants), water was continually replenished n tables cleared.
We were served breakfast along with lunches. Breakfast fare was casual average buffet eggs, bacon and sausage.
The lunches were far better and flavorful than my best expectations. Various fresh salads, excellent hot items, pork tenderloin was done perfectly, not over done and flavorful, today we were served Greek style chicken, again flavorful and moist.
I can honestly state I have NOT heard any negative comments regarding service and or quality of meals!

• Stayed April 2013
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Snoace,

We love noting more than being known as a “Pleasant Surprise” in our valued guest’s review of our Ramada Plaza Regina. We have an amazingly talented team in our Catering Department combined with the Cities best Chef /Culinary Team (yes, I just said that confidently). As we have to ensure our convention guest’s are valued and respected. Our goal is to be viewed as the city leader in guest satisfaction. Remain positive and respectful well combining industry leading services to our guest’s each and every time. Your kind words have been shared with our entire team and may I say you have helped many people including myself have an extra spring in our steps today.

Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Pros:
Beautiful lobby and pool/exercise area
Professional staff
Clean
Open concept into restaurant
Capable, attentive maintenance (repaired heater and replaced iron quickly)
Average view
Convenient and safe underground parking ($12/day)
Employees suggested great surrounding restaurants

Cons:
Dated hallways and rooms (stayed in 625)
Fairly slow restaurant (Atrium) - decent oatmeal but overcooked both mornings
Was windy and windows in 625 rattled most of the night
Very old heating system (no thermastat)

Overall:
Would stay again but would ask for room with upgraded heating system (thermostat) if available and would eat outside hotel each time.

Room Tip: 625 (facing south) windows rattled in the wind during the night
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jason_moffat,

I must say how it was incredibly creative of how you rated our hotel, very wise may I say, we loved the flow of the message. I don’t necessarily view anything on my side as a con, I view it as an opportunity to listen to our guests and ensure we listen and act to keep them happy and staying with us. So we love feedback, either positive or negative because who better than our valued guest’s would know what it takes to enjoy the warmth and comforts of a hotel. I feel glowing reviews are great, but when we have some well worded constructive criticism it helps us know how to keep our fingers on the pulse of what valued consumers are looking for, for this we thank-you. We have reviewed your “Pros & Cons” during our last department meeting and are addressing all issues. Plus, I must say how we loved your positive compliments too, very touching may we say.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

The hotel was full of teenage boys (hockey teams we heard) who made noise all evening and all night. We spent two nights and after 5 calls to the front desk we gave up as the hotel staff was unable or unwilling to control the noise level.
The bathtub leaked, the plumbing from other rooms could be heard at all hours, the beds were not comfortable (roll into your spouce), the TV reception was horrible & the food was nothing special.
Not a chance we would ever stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear lobsterden,

May I start off by saying how sorry we are that you did not enjoy your most recent stay with our Ramada Plaza Regina. We do continually strive to ensure customer satisfaction is exceeded, but by your review we missed. Yes, the entire city was sold out with a huge hockey tournament that weekend and we did go the extra mile to ensure our guest’s felt safe and comfortable. I am very sorry that you felt that we was not happening, but I assure you that I went back and read our security and daily activity guest log and we did evict two rooms close to yours due to noise. We rarely promote this fact as it is our way of extracting the problem to ensure our guest’s enjoy our facility and a much needed rest.