“Beautiful lobby, well kept friendly but dated remainder”

Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown
Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Pros:
Beautiful lobby and pool/exercise area
Professional staff
Clean
Open concept into restaurant
Capable, attentive maintenance (repaired heater and replaced iron quickly)
Average view
Convenient and safe underground parking ($12/day)
Employees suggested great surrounding restaurants

Cons:
Dated hallways and rooms (stayed in 625)
Fairly slow restaurant (Atrium) - decent oatmeal but overcooked both mornings
Was windy and windows in 625 rattled most of the night
Very old heating system (no thermastat)

Overall:
Would stay again but would ask for room with upgraded heating system (thermostat) if available and would eat outside hotel each time.

Room Tip: 625 (facing south) windows rattled in the wind during the night
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Jason_moffat,

I must say how it was incredibly creative of how you rated our hotel, very wise may I say, we loved the flow of the message. I don’t necessarily view anything on my side as a con, I view it as an opportunity to listen to our guests and ensure we listen and act to keep them happy and staying with us. So we love feedback, either positive or negative because who better than our valued guest’s would know what it takes to enjoy the warmth and comforts of a hotel. I feel glowing reviews are great, but when we have some well worded constructive criticism it helps us know how to keep our fingers on the pulse of what valued consumers are looking for, for this we thank-you. We have reviewed your “Pros & Cons” during our last department meeting and are addressing all issues. Plus, I must say how we loved your positive compliments too, very touching may we say.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

The hotel was full of teenage boys (hockey teams we heard) who made noise all evening and all night. We spent two nights and after 5 calls to the front desk we gave up as the hotel staff was unable or unwilling to control the noise level.
The bathtub leaked, the plumbing from other rooms could be heard at all hours, the beds were not comfortable (roll into your spouce), the TV reception was horrible & the food was nothing special.
Not a chance we would ever stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear lobsterden,

May I start off by saying how sorry we are that you did not enjoy your most recent stay with our Ramada Plaza Regina. We do continually strive to ensure customer satisfaction is exceeded, but by your review we missed. Yes, the entire city was sold out with a huge hockey tournament that weekend and we did go the extra mile to ensure our guest’s felt safe and comfortable. I am very sorry that you felt that we was not happening, but I assure you that I went back and read our security and daily activity guest log and we did evict two rooms close to yours due to noise. We rarely promote this fact as it is our way of extracting the problem to ensure our guest’s enjoy our facility and a much needed rest.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at the Ramada for two nights in March. The hotel has been recently renovated and has a contemporary appearance. It offers the basic amenities we all expect of a business hotel these days. Food services are generally adequate with the exception of Fibber McGee's pub. It is pretty dingy and service is lacking.

Dear RGGinSk,

It was our pleasure seeing you in our hotel during your last visit, may I say you made a positive impression on our staff as you were very polite and a pure pleasure to serve may I say. We are humbled by your positive review of our hotel and I also promise you that we are working on our pub as it is seeing improvements very soon, I promise.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was disappointed in the cleanliness of my room. TV did not work. Sink in the bathroom was not clean. Breakfast the next morning - Omlette, hashbrowns and toast - was very oily in taste, hashbrooms barely brown and cold.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights for a work trip. The hotel is well-located and offers basic amenities. The room is generally ok with no extra frills. But I found the carpet in the room to be disgusting. There were stains everywhere and I even found a damp patch as I walked over it the first afternoon I was in my room! Other than this, the cleaning of the washrooms etc. was fine. The wifi is a little sporadic but generally ok.

I had breakfast one morning in the Atrium restaurant and it was ok.
Front desk and other service was generally good.

Dear r0yalty,

I am so sorry about the rug in your guest room as we had a leak in the room above and it must of found its way to your carpet. We have repaired the issue the very next am and all the carpets were shampooed as we do have a regular cleaning program to ensure our high guest standards. We really do appreciate the business you have granted us in the past and look forward to your next visit to the Ramada Plaza Regina.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

This was my second time staying at the Ramada and the experience was consistent. The hotel is located in the downtown area, so is very convenient for business travel. The staff is friendly; at the front desk, room service and in the restuarant. The room was standard hotel decor with extremely comfortable beds. Only complaint would be the slowness of the service in the restaurant in the morning; it was very busy and there wasn't enough staff to support it.

Dear Kjtravel_12,

We really appreciate the glowing review you gave us during your most recent stay with the Ramada Plaza Regina. It is our honor to have you with us during your last trip to the Queen city. I have reviewed your concerns with our Food & beverage Managers and please understand that we are making the required changes to ensure our guest’s are enjoying our dining experiences to our full potential.