“Well located, basic amenities, dirty room carpets!”

Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown
Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights for a work trip. The hotel is well-located and offers basic amenities. The room is generally ok with no extra frills. But I found the carpet in the room to be disgusting. There were stains everywhere and I even found a damp patch as I walked over it the first afternoon I was in my room! Other than this, the cleaning of the washrooms etc. was fine. The wifi is a little sporadic but generally ok.

I had breakfast one morning in the Atrium restaurant and it was ok.
Front desk and other service was generally good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear r0yalty,

I am so sorry about the rug in your guest room as we had a leak in the room above and it must of found its way to your carpet. We have repaired the issue the very next am and all the carpets were shampooed as we do have a regular cleaning program to ensure our high guest standards. We really do appreciate the business you have granted us in the past and look forward to your next visit to the Ramada Plaza Regina.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

This was my second time staying at the Ramada and the experience was consistent. The hotel is located in the downtown area, so is very convenient for business travel. The staff is friendly; at the front desk, room service and in the restuarant. The room was standard hotel decor with extremely comfortable beds. Only complaint would be the slowness of the service in the restaurant in the morning; it was very busy and there wasn't enough staff to support it.

Dear Kjtravel_12,

We really appreciate the glowing review you gave us during your most recent stay with the Ramada Plaza Regina. It is our honor to have you with us during your last trip to the Queen city. I have reviewed your concerns with our Food & beverage Managers and please understand that we are making the required changes to ensure our guest’s are enjoying our dining experiences to our full potential.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

1  Thank Blair R
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here recently. The hotel is right downtown. The lobby was nice. The staff were friendly both at checkin, checkout and at the restaurant. The room was also nice and clean. Included free wifi which was nice although the speed wasn't the greatest. The hotel was a bit pricey but so is everything in Regina these days. My only issue was with the heater in the room. It looks like it's an original from when the hotel was built. No ability to adjust the temperature and every time it went on and off it made a loud noise, loud enough to wake a person up. Overall, I would recommend it though.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sobral

Dear Sobral,

Nothing pleases us more than when a seasoned Trip Advisor contributor comments on our Ramada Plaza Regina. You are the main reason we love this program so much. It allows us to interact with our current and potential future guest’s in a very positive direct fashion. Plus we know you will be back in the Queen city soon, so I would like to offer you a nice suite upgrade if you contact me direct for your next reservation. Just my way of appreciating your comments and the rating you granted us during your last stay.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

In the past year, I've stayed at the Ramada in Regina close to 30 nights (for business). Every single time I stay here I get the same thing: Amazing Customer Service, Spotless Room, and Fantastic Location. All for a comparable price to any other hotel in the city! And MUCH less then the Delta, down the block. I can't say enough GOOD things about this hotel, except for I wish I could take it with me when I stay in Moose Jaw, Prince Albert, Swift Current ect ect. You get the point. Happy, Loyal Customer---> Me

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Curtis R

Dear Curtis R,

May I say that if I could find a way to insert a sound clip it would be right here___________, hope you were able to play that, it was our entire group of Ramada Plaza Regina Associates & Managers applauding you for being our valued guest. We are blessed to have such an amazing rating and know you will also be valued at our hotel and made welcome each and every time you arrive.

Reviewed March 4, 2013