“friendly staff”

Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Toronto
“friendly staff”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

This hotel has the feel of an old building. For the price I paid, I expected better.The staff were all very friendly and helpful. There is a nice Thai restaurant within walking distance. Hard to find a place for a quick lunch on a weekday. Had to settle for a slice of pizza as all the restaurants around were pretty crowded.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown, responded to this review, April 1, 2012
Dear Niagarax

It was nice to have you as one of our guest’s in our Ramada Hotel during your visit to our Queen City. I am pleased to let you know we are working on more improvements to our hotel and you will be very impressed with our new renovations we are working on. I think it is important to know we are have just placed New Keurig Coffee makers in our Business Class and Suites, plus many more exciting changes are on the way for our guest’s to enjoy.

Thank-you once again and please send me an email when you are back in Regina so that I can offer you a nice upgrade for you to enjoy.

306-569-7476

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Estevan, Canada
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I hate to give bad reviews...but I guess that is what makes trip advisor what it is. A friend and I decided to have a girls night out. I picked the hotel based on other reviews of the Ramada. I had read some bad ones and I read some good ones. So I had high hopes...We were pleasantly greeted when we arrived and all the staff were very accommodating. The hotel room looked very clean on arrival...we were tired and hungry so a bed was really all we wanted. Had a good sleep...ordered room service (good food) and then I went to have a shower...well I have to say I was disgusted with the cleanliness of the bathroom. I don't think behind the sink had been wiped for probably a few weeks. There was water damaged under the sink and all around the top of the shower and ceiling tiles. There were hairs in the shower as well and I think that was what put me over the edge. If this hotel room would've cost $89 a night I might've expected something like that but for $145 + $10 for parking a night I was disappointed.
Then after we checked out we proceeded down to the parkade to leave, when we got to our car we found a parking ticket on the car. We paid our $10 a night parking so we decided to go in and contest the ticket. The hotel staff took care of the ticket for us but we were told that the parking lot was separate from the hotel and that the people giving out the tickets just gave out tickets because they receive a percentage of the ticket. So the ticket person is relying on us to not complain about the ticket and just pay it because then she makes a buck. I think something should be done about this.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MrsPacker54
Dear Mrs. Packer

May I say your review is not a bad review, it is a review that I must discuss with our team and ensure we learn and also improve. I think any comment from our guests is vital to our continued success. I am so sorry you had a less than enjoyable stay with our hotel, but may I ask for you to understand we will make the required improvements you feel is needed and gladly show you we listen and act on your comments. I have reviewed your comments with our team and we want to ensure you we listen very carefully to our guest’s and I personally want to ensure you we have/are making improvements with each and every comment. I also want to ensure you that our desk associate was not fully aware of the parking agreement we have with iMpark and he/she was speaking in-correctly. Yes, we do charge for parking downtown in Regina, now I am glad to say we offer one of the largest volume of parking stalls in downtown Regina with climate control. But, I assure you any ticket written by iMpark is NOT commission based. Now we do require the proper plate number and vehicle to be in our parking stall for this to be completed.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is obviously an older hotel, but has had renovations. The staff are all very friendly, from the desk to the pub. Comfortable beds, clean rooms. Only a few dollars more than some of the lower end hotels in the city. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Shelly

May I start by saying you are so kind with your positive review on Trip Advisor of our Ramada Hotel. I know you have many choices in Regina and we are so pleased you allow our hotel to be your destination of choice. I also want to let you know that I review all Trip Advisor postings in our managers meetings each week. May I say your kind comments allowed our managers to pass on the huge kudos to our valuable service associates you have mentioned in your posting.

Reviewed March 23, 2012 via mobile

The best part about this hotel by a long long way was the staff: uniformly nice, helpful and very friendly. The hotel itself was fine for the price - nothing special in the way of rooms but clean and fine for sleeping in. Less impressed with the food, but that's ok. Would I stay there again? Maybe, if the price relative to other options was appropriate.

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Ian_M_T
Dear Ian,

I appreciate the time you took to complete a Trip Advisor for our Ramada Hotel. We do have amazing associates and thank-you for noticing how hard they work to ensure our guest’s feel like a valuable member in our facility. I am also pleased to tell you that we now have new menu’s for all of our food and beverage departments, which we know you will love the new focus and how great each item is.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Since their renovation I have now stayed at Regina's Ramada 3 times and have another stay booked for next week. The renovated rooms are great, free wifi works very well, location is good and the service has been excellent. On my first visit I encountered a couple of small problems that when I brought them to the attention of staff were handled quickly and efficiently.

I used to only stay at the Delta or the Hotel Sask. The Ramada is now my place to stay for business and pleasure trips.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Ang_Gelinas
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Dear Ang Gelinas,

Thank-you so very much for the amazing endorsement for our Ramada Hotel in Regina. I am so proud to see we have exceeded your expectations and continue to do so each and every stay you have with us. I know you have a lot of choices for hotel accommodations in Regina but we know we make you the happiest here and for that we thank-you for allowing us the opportunity to earn your continued business.

All my best and I wish you all the success you both rightfully deserve.

Regina, Canada
Reviewed March 1, 2012

My wife and I recently held our wedding reception at the Ramada Hotel and Convention Center. The catering co-ordinators (janet Davis and Chrissy White) were very helpful and responded quickly to emails and phone calls during the planning process.
Upon check-in the front desk staff was very polite and helpful. We staying in the jacuzzi suite as part of our wedding package and it was quite spacious which was good, especially since the wedding party was getting ready in there. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the view is very nice.
The food that was catered by the Ramada was excellent, and everyone thoroughly enjoyed it. We did a subsidized bar, and drinks were the cheapest of any hotel we looked at in Regina (Hotel Sask, Regina Inn, etc), so if your guests enjoy more than a few beverages, this is the place to hold your reception.
The only major issue with our stay was the parkade. Upon checking in, the clerk repeatedly assured us that it was a secure parkade, so our vehicle would be safe. Upon going down to pick up our SUV the morning after our wedding reception, we discovered that it had been heavily vandalized the night before. The antennae had been broken off and jammed in the lock, all winshield wiper arms were snapped off, etc for a total cost of nearly $700. There was extensive damage which would have taken quite some time to do, so the security patrol must have been on a coffee break. I have asked about compensation, but it seems that I will be paying to fix the damages myself. i am quite disappointed with this
All in all this is a nice place to stay, and the catering and wedding staff were fantastic. Thank you so much Janet and Chrissy. Just don't put any faith in the "security" of the parkade, or you might receive an unpleasant surprise. Don't leave your vehicle there if you don't have to.

Room Tip: Very little street noise no matter what floor you're on
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RealSaskTraveller
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Dear valued guest,

First off, once again a huge congratulations on your special event and thank-you for sharing it with our hotel. I have spoken to Janet & Christina and they both stated your group was an absolute pleasure to work with and you family did an amazing job decorating your banquet wedding reception room, it looked simply amazing.
I am truly sorry about the vehicle damage as I can assure you, that it is an extremely rare event since we have automatic doors that secure the space. Unfortunately that night someone hit the parkade exit door and did not inform us, thus leaving it open for a couple of hours. We did get it fixed as soon as we were notified but unfortunately we had an incident to your vehicle which we feel horrible about, especially when it is a special time in your life celebrating your wedding. I do have faith in our local authorities and I know they are working diligently on catching the individual plus we are working with them to bring closure to you and they will hopefully make you whole again for any damages you incurred.

All my best and I wish you all the success you both rightfully deserve.

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Just stayed for two nights on business floor 15. Incredible room, great bed with big screen tv. Very clean.

Pool and Hot tub were great, sizeable gym.

Saw stand-up comedy Saturday night at the bar, great show.

Staff was very helpful, they paged the casino shuttle for me several times, and everyone was smiling. Good location for all the things I had to do around Regina. Top marks, will always stay there.

Room Tip: Ask for the business floors on 14/15, they tend to be kid-free on those floors.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Matthew M
Matthew,

Your kind words of our hotel are very thoughtful and deeply appreciated. We do strive to make our guest’s smile and in some cases laugh a bit in our amazing Laugh Shop Saturdays. I am so happy we delivered on our promise for each and every one of our guest’s to enjoy our amazing staff and service.

Also, just so you are aware we do have the ability to book the comedians for private shows in our banquet rooms if your company is ever in the need for an amazing dinner and show. Please let us know as we have access to the best comedians in Canada.