“Great Staff”

Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown
Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is obviously an older hotel, but has had renovations. The staff are all very friendly, from the desk to the pub. Comfortable beds, clean rooms. Only a few dollars more than some of the lower end hotels in the city. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2012

Dear Shelly

May I start by saying you are so kind with your positive review on Trip Advisor of our Ramada Hotel. I know you have many choices in Regina and we are so pleased you allow our hotel to be your destination of choice. I also want to let you know that I review all Trip Advisor postings in our managers meetings each week. May I say your kind comments allowed our managers to pass on the huge kudos to our valuable service associates you have mentioned in your posting.

Thank-you once again and please send me an email when you are back in Regina so that I can offer you a nice upgrade for you to enjoy.

All my best and please have a safe and enjoyable Easter.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown

Reviewed March 23, 2012

The best part about this hotel by a long long way was the staff: uniformly nice, helpful and very friendly. The hotel itself was fine for the price - nothing special in the way of rooms but clean and fine for sleeping in. Less impressed with the food, but that's ok. Would I stay there again? Maybe, if the price relative to other options was appropriate.

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Ian_M_T

Dear Ian,

I appreciate the time you took to complete a Trip Advisor for our Ramada Hotel. We do have amazing associates and thank-you for noticing how hard they work to ensure our guest’s feel like a valuable member in our facility. I am also pleased to tell you that we now have new menu’s for all of our food and beverage departments, which we know you will love the new focus and how great each item is.

All my best and please have a safe and enjoyable Easter.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

Since their renovation I have now stayed at Regina's Ramada 3 times and have another stay booked for next week. The renovated rooms are great, free wifi works very well, location is good and the service has been excellent. On my first visit I encountered a couple of small problems that when I brought them to the attention of staff were handled quickly and efficiently.

I used to only stay at the Delta or the Hotel Sask. The Ramada is now my place to stay for business and pleasure trips.

2  Thank Ang_Gelinas
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

Dear Ang Gelinas,

Thank-you so very much for the amazing endorsement for our Ramada Hotel in Regina. I am so proud to see we have exceeded your expectations and continue to do so each and every stay you have with us. I know you have a lot of choices for hotel accommodations in Regina but we know we make you the happiest here and for that we thank-you for allowing us the opportunity to earn your continued business.

All my best and I wish you all the success you both rightfully deserve.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

My wife and I recently held our wedding reception at the Ramada Hotel and Convention Center. The catering co-ordinators (janet Davis and Chrissy White) were very helpful and responded quickly to emails and phone calls during the planning process.
Upon check-in the front desk staff was very polite and helpful. We staying in the jacuzzi suite as part of our wedding package and it was quite spacious which was good, especially since the wedding party was getting ready in there. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the view is very nice.
The food that was catered by the Ramada was excellent, and everyone thoroughly enjoyed it. We did a subsidized bar, and drinks were the cheapest of any hotel we looked at in Regina (Hotel Sask, Regina Inn, etc), so if your guests enjoy more than a few beverages, this is the place to hold your reception.
The only major issue with our stay was the parkade. Upon checking in, the clerk repeatedly assured us that it was a secure parkade, so our vehicle would be safe. Upon going down to pick up our SUV the morning after our wedding reception, we discovered that it had been heavily vandalized the night before. The antennae had been broken off and jammed in the lock, all winshield wiper arms were snapped off, etc for a total cost of nearly $700. There was extensive damage which would have taken quite some time to do, so the security patrol must have been on a coffee break. I have asked about compensation, but it seems that I will be paying to fix the damages myself. i am quite disappointed with this
All in all this is a nice place to stay, and the catering and wedding staff were fantastic. Thank you so much Janet and Chrissy. Just don't put any faith in the "security" of the parkade, or you might receive an unpleasant surprise. Don't leave your vehicle there if you don't have to.

Room Tip: Very little street noise no matter what floor you're on
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RealSaskTraveller
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2012

Dear valued guest,

First off, once again a huge congratulations on your special event and thank-you for sharing it with our hotel. I have spoken to Janet & Christina and they both stated your group was an absolute pleasure to work with and you family did an amazing job decorating your banquet wedding reception room, it looked simply amazing.
I am truly sorry about the vehicle damage as I can assure you, that it is an extremely rare event since we have automatic doors that secure the space. Unfortunately that night someone hit the parkade exit door and did not inform us, thus leaving it open for a couple of hours. We did get it fixed as soon as we were notified but unfortunately we had an incident to your vehicle which we feel horrible about, especially when it is a special time in your life celebrating your wedding. I do have faith in our local authorities and I know they are working diligently on catching the individual plus we are working with them to bring closure to you and they will hopefully make you whole again for any damages you incurred.

All my best and I wish you all the success you both rightfully deserve.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Just stayed for two nights on business floor 15. Incredible room, great bed with big screen tv. Very clean.

Pool and Hot tub were great, sizeable gym.

Saw stand-up comedy Saturday night at the bar, great show.

Staff was very helpful, they paged the casino shuttle for me several times, and everyone was smiling. Good location for all the things I had to do around Regina. Top marks, will always stay there.

Room Tip: Ask for the business floors on 14/15, they tend to be kid-free on those floors.
2  Thank Matthew M

Matthew,

Your kind words of our hotel are very thoughtful and deeply appreciated. We do strive to make our guest’s smile and in some cases laugh a bit in our amazing Laugh Shop Saturdays. I am so happy we delivered on our promise for each and every one of our guest’s to enjoy our amazing staff and service.

Also, just so you are aware we do have the ability to book the comedians for private shows in our banquet rooms if your company is ever in the need for an amazing dinner and show. Please let us know as we have access to the best comedians in Canada.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

I stayed at the Ramada in Regina for one night recently on business. I come to Regina quite frequently on business and will chose to stay elsewhere in the future.
My first impression of the hotel was good, nice lobby, friendly front desk staff but it went down hill from there.
Both my colleague and I went into our freezing cold rooms, and turned on the heat, thinking that by the time we went downstairs and had dinner our rooms would be warm when we came back up. Well that was our first mistake. After dinner my room was still freezing cold and stayed that way the entire night, no matter what I tried. I was exhausted after a day of travel and it was unfortunate to have such a bad cold sleep. The next morning I checked with my colleague and she had the same issue in her room.

Our other mistake in the trip was eating in the lounge. It was late, there was us and one other table in the lounge. Both the food and the service was awful. I would have complained about the food because my steak wasn't cooked properly at all, but the server never came back to check on us. We tried to wave her over, but she walked out and went for a smoke. It was late, we were exhausted, so I just paid (once she finally came back) and went to bed.

Overall it was a very disappointing stay, and will be looking to stay somewhere else next time I"m in Regina.

2  Thank Larissa B
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2012

Larissa,

I am very sorry for your last stay with our hotel. I personally want to assure you we will strive harder to ensure this does not happy again. We are replacing heating units in all our guest rooms and unfortunately we did not get your room done in time. May I ask you send me an email or call myself as I wanted to see if you let us know, as we have had this happen in the past and we always fix the heater or move the guest to a more suitable climate controlled guest room. I will be reviewing the service and food in the lounge with our team as I have no excuses for bad service as I do not tolerate it or accept it, it is simply un-acceptable. I am sorry you had bad service in our lounge but it does happen, but I promise you it will be taken seriously. In Regina you have lots of choices for hotels to stay in and I ask you give us just one more chance as I promise you we will make the improvements you will definitely find more than acceptable. After all we are #6 in Regina on Trip Advisor for a huge reason and I only want our rating to improve so we will work harder to make this happen with great service and fantastic accommodations.

Please send me an email when you are back in our area and allow me to make the reservations and show you that we have acted on your important points of concern.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

The room was a suite and it was amazing. Clean, quiet, the most comfortable bed, spacious room, underground parking, walking distance to shopping and entertainment. Pool, restaurant, lounge to name some more of the highlights. This is not my first time at this hotel, and it will not be my last. I continue to return because of the friendly and personalized service. Thank you to the staff of the Ramada!!!

Room Tip: I have stayed in a different area in the hotel each stay, and they were all great. But the suites a...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Shann S
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

Shann,

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your last visit to the Ramada Regina. We do work very diligently to ensure we strive for complete guest satisfaction, thank-you for noticing. I am so happy you were able to enjoy one of our Suites as the space and the room are simply amazing, plus we are making some amazing new improvements so hopefully you will see them during your next stay.