“Nice, clean and quiet.”

Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown
Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Stayed just for one night -
Pros: room was clean, staff were personable and friendly; lovely exercise room/pool/hot tub; nice family restaurant and choices of dining within the hotel.
Cons: need update menus in the rooms as something we wanted to order wasn't available any more; washroom was a little small; would be nice to have fridge in every room; parking underground is additional cost and temp on hot tub was set too high to be enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chrissymac2013
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2011

I must say you have some great points and I thank-you for the kind words of encouragement. Also please note I agree as our menus are actually being completely re-done. We will have these in place by mid September and I promise you that they look, sound and taste amazing. The fridge note is something we are working on, as currently 80% of our hotel has mini fridges in them and I am working diligently on completing the entire hotel. Please take a moment the next time you are in Regina and drop me an email as I want to make sure I offer you a free upgrade to one of our Business Class rooms or a Suite.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

On a recent automobile trip from Edmonton to North Bay Ontario my sister and I stayed overnight at the Regina Ramada. Regina was extremely busy that evening and many hotels were sold out. On a tip from a local we contacted the Ramada and were met with a very areeable price and every other aspect that you seek from a hotel. The staff was friendly assisting with our overload goods for the night and the location was excellent with access to a great pizza across the street. No question where I would go next time.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank DRVToronto

Thank-you very much for your kind words and the time to create this message on Trip Advisor. We do continually work diligently to ensure our hotel is the best it can be. Our associates are focused on delivering amazing service to our guest’s. Also please send me a note when you are back our way and I want to buy you our famous Chef created Pizza’s we make on site. I know you will be pleased.

---
--------

Reviewed July 27, 2011

The hotel staff was very professional and friendly. The rooms are large, and have nice big windows to let in lots of light. The room was clean, modern, and very comfortable. There is an in-house restaurant with good food and a separate lounge. It is within walking distance of Wascana Park, the Royal Saskatchewan Museum, downtown shopping, restaurants and attractions. It is a great location for exploring the city. The only negative comment I have is that the staff was not well informed about the nearby attractions and so couldn't give us very much information about good places to visit.

Room Tip: The rooms on the side of the building away from Victoria Street are quiet and have great sun until l...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank debbie989

Thank-you very much for your kind words and the time to create this message on Trip Advisor. We do continually work diligently to ensure our hotel is the best it can be. Our associates are focused on delivering amazing service to our guest’s. Thank-you once again.

----------

Reviewed July 1, 2011

I stayed in Regina after driving from ThunderBay that morning. The hotel is right downtown close to many restaurants, gas stations and not too far from the highway. I know there is a pool and fitness room but didn’t get the chance to enjoy it since we arrived very late. I ordered room service since most restaurants were closed by this time and I was starving. The food was good. The beds were very comfortable and big. The room price was about 150 but they gave us a 20 dollar discount since our stay was last minute. The service was amazing. They also have a restaurant, lounge and pub. Parking was about 5 bucks a night.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank lilTinyTraveler
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2011

You are too kind, thank-you from my entire group of dedicated associates as we do constantly strive to create a positive guest interaction and deliver our industry leading customer service. It sounds by your comments we did just that. I try to ensure that we do not follow our competitors and close our facilities early as we do understand that late meals are required and we try to keep at least one open later to service that need. But as you noticed the quality of food is amazing and I have passed on your positive comments during our weekly Managers meetings. Thank-you once again and please drop us a line if you are ever back in Regina for a visit, I will gladly offer you a nice rate and upgrade to a suite.

Reviewed June 29, 2011

I stayed at the Ramada recently with my boyfriend and we both felt the hotel was average. The main entrance is very grand and you can see a lot of money has been put into the decor of the lounge and restaurant. This was our first impression and we probably expected the rest of the hotel to have a similar standard to it. The room was large with a small sofa, a modern tv, coffee making facilities and a VERY comfy bed! However the bathroom was fairly dated and the bath in need of renewal. The swimming pool was a good size but changing rooms and poolside were quite dirty. All in all you could find more for your money.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank Jess_T149

Thank-you for posting your thoughts on Trip Advisor as it allows us to interact with our guest’s and allows us to ensure we keep the focus on customer satisfaction and positive interaction. Your comments are correct we did inject Three million dollars into our hotel and the next stage is slated for guest rooms and hallways, very astute of you to notice. Our pool facility is in fantastic condition but as you may of noticed the change rooms and sauna are in need of a minor facelift. I am proud to say that we have already started the enhancement to the Sauna and the change rooms are next on our list. Thank-you once again and please drop us a line if you are ever back in Regina for a visit, I will gladly offer you a nice rate and upgrade to a suite.

Reviewed June 23, 2011

While on a business trip, I stayed at the Ramada Hotel for two nights and found the hotel to be clean and comfortable. The staff were also friendly and helpful, particularly when I asked to change rooms after the first night when I was so close to the elevator, that I heard it 'beep' throughout the night every time it opened on that floor. They found another room for me that was quieter, without making too much of a deal about it.

Room Tip: Anywhere away from the elevators!
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank SEK02

Thank-you for allowing us respond to your comments and by placing your comments on Trip Advisor, our hotel takes them seriously and responds to each and every posting. This is our way to continue that next level of guest interaction and ensure our guest’s know we care even after they have left our hotel. I must state it is purely a pleasure when a guest calls and needs immediate attention to help them enjoy our facility. This is when we have to jump into action and create a positive experience for our guest in the time of need. I am glad to hear that we did just that and in an extremely positive fashion, which is important to us.

Reviewed May 17, 2011

I stayed at this hotel on May 13-15. The room was clean and was better than my expectation, however the bath needs renovation.
The lobby and their fitness area seems that renovated recently, it was a nice place and had a great pool. The front desk was fine and not more than fine. When we were checking, their system was down and they had to do it manually, it was fine and did not hurt me, but I was expecting more friendliness behavior from the guy in front desk. At the check out time, the price they charged me was higher than the price that I booked, so had to do a price adjustment. Wasn't any specific problem, but I expect ti hear a word of apology.
In overall, I would like to recommend this hotel to those who want to stay in downtown Regina and looking for a clean and fair price room in neighborhood.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank haaagh
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2011

Thank-you for your comments, as we really do appreciate hearing them as our customers help us plan our renovations and building improvements as we need that very important input. I am proud to say that we are in the preliminary phase of planning an additional renovation to compliment our 3 Million dollar renovation we just completed. The next phase focuses on some of the items you made mention of, how astute. I also personally apologize for my associates not saying sorry for the billing error, as I feel that is a very important part of the final thank-you for choosing us when you have a hotel issue. May I ask when you do travel back to Regina, please take moment and call me or send a email, as I would like to offer you a special rate and a upgrade to one of our amazing suites as a thank-you for bring this to our attention.