1,067 results
All reviewsfront deskkiddie poolthe breakfast areagreat poolroom was cleanbagelscleaning staffair conditionerlots of parkingking roomcomfortable stayfree breakfastchecking outhot breakfastcookieshot tubtubs
Reviewed August 13, 2010

As this was a business trip, internet connection was obviously paramount. In my field of business I need internet connection, as do most. Initially the connection was down completely for nearly 2 hours around dinnertime. Then, when it came back online, it was weak at best and came and went. This made working frustrating. When the front desk was called I was told they were working on the problem. However, I spoke to a colleague who said the same thing happened to them when they last stayed at the Regina Days Inn. Regardless of how busy a location is, there must be adequate wireless internet for everyone.

The front clerk informed me this was a very busy location and I feel that it suits families more than business clients.

I won't stay here again for business - it was much too noisy, much too "zoo-like" and the staff seemed overwhelmed when dealing with the internet issue.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Maplecate
cregier, General Manager at Days Inn - Regina, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2010

I would like to thank you for your comments from your stay with us. Yes we did have problems with our internet, but have worked with our internet provider to correct these problems. We are a busy hotel but do have a strong corporate clientelle. I would like to suggest that you give us another try and ask to stay in our King rooms. These rooms are geared towards our business guests. Again thank you for your comments, without these comments we cant get better. I hope on your next stay to Regina you will give us another chance to host you.

Reviewed August 3, 2010

Our family stopped at the Days Inn for 1 night as we travelled from Alberta to Manitoba and our kids loved it. We have 2 boys (2 and 5) and we spent hours in the pool and had a great rest.

The hotel is very average for the price (we paid $112 for a standard room, 2 queen beds, non-smoking) but it has a great swimming pool for kids our age. There is a wading pool for small kids and a bigger pool with waterslide for the bigger kids. The only negative about the pool is that it's very loud in there (probably because of the low ceiling and no design thought to sound).

The rest of the hotel was clean and simple. It's not the newest hotel on the strip but it's not "old" yet and seems to have been well maintained.

Hope that helps.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ywamer_10
cregier, General Manager at Days Inn - Regina, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2010

I would like to take this time to thank you for your comments. I'm glad to see you enjoyed your time with us. I hope next time you can spend a few more days with us.

Reviewed July 30, 2010

We stayed one night near the end of a long road trip in a double bedded room. Service was friendly and the room was clean and comfortable. We didn't use the pool but others were seen enjoying it. The included breakfast was great - sausage/egg muffins were offered along with cereals, yogurt, and a good choice of muffins & breads for toast along with juices and coffee/tea. Complimentary newspapers were available for reading. The breakfast staff worked hard to keep things humming. Recommended.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Dave M

The Days Inn Regina would like to thank you for your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again next time you visit our city.

Reviewed June 2, 2010

I traveled to the Days Inn with my wife and daughter who were visiting me in rural saskatchwan, and wanted to be in Regina for the night before taking them to the airport the next day. The room itself was great, nice king size bed, pull out couch, fridge, microwave, etc. No complaints at all about that part of the stay at all. However, when I turned down my comforter at 11 pm, well after my three year old daughter was sleeping on the pull out, I found blood on my sheet. That's where the disappointment starts. I stripped the bed, took the bloody sheet to the front desk, where the only response was "yeah thats definitely gross" before she gave me new sheets. I'll give her credit, she offered to make my bed, but with a three year old sleeping aleady, not really an option. Now I work in a customer oriented business and when we don't meet expectations, we make sure we do something to ensure they will return. So it's possible my expectations weren't met because it's far from any course of action I would have taken. I typically have great experiences with Days Inn, I actually live in a Days Inn, so it takes a lot for me say anything negative. I do know that I'd have a difficult time recommending or staying in this particular Days Inn again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Brent2010
cregier, General Manager at Days Inn - Regina, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2010

I would like to take this time first thank you for your comments and also apologize to you for your stay. This should not have happened and yes I agree we didn't meet your expectations. Our housekeeping staff takes great pride in their work. I want you to know we have talked with our staff to just take those few extra seconds so this won't happen again. I hope you will reconsider and come and stay with us again and let us show you that this was a freak occurrence.

Reviewed May 31, 2010

I booked this hotel on the Days Inn website with an advanced rate. I used the ratings from TripAdvisor as well as the location to make my decision. The location of this hotel was good for our trip out to Manitoba, however be aware that you can't return to the #1 Hwy Eastbound immediately from the hotel, you have to make your way back to Prince of Wales Drive, then head east.
As soon as entering the room, there was an overpowering smell of 'room freshner'; so much so, I could taste and feel it on the back of my throat. I went downstairs to see about cancelling my room and going to the HI Express just to the west. Because I booked with an advanced rate the front desk personnel wouldn't cancel my booking, but they also wouldn't allow me another room (I was hoping that maybe they didn't douse all their rooms with excessive amounts of spray). I do understand that advanced rate prevents travellers from upgrading, but all I wanted was to be able to breathe throughout the night. The front desk said it was Days Inn policy to not change rooms. I called Days Inn 1-800 number and they stated that each hotel was owned independently and it was the owner's policy to allow me (or not) to change rooms. So I was caught between two policies and a room that I couldn't actually breathe in. We put on the air conditioner, thinking that it would draw outside air, but it actually made it worse (most likely due to recycled air). We opened the small window and it took until morning to be rid of the smell. I'm not allergic to anything, but if you have any kind of allergies, I would not recommend staying here. The beds are very comfortable, but not being able to breathe properly was not conducive to getting a decent sleep. The bathroom was clean, but the use of so much freshner made me wonder how clean the room was if they had to cover it up like that. I spoke to the manager in the morning and he seemed concerned that Days Inn had put the room changing policy on him. He didn't amend our bill but did say that if we were back in Regina he would see what he could do then. Unfortunately I won't be back at that Days Inn or any other in the near future.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nee_high

I would like to take this time to apologize again for your stay at the Days Inn Regina. I want you to know that after we spoke at the hotel, I spoke with the housekeeping staff and discussed the over use of the air freshener. I hope you will come back and give us another try. Again thank you for your comments.

Days Inn Regina