“Soft Bedding”
Review of Days Inn - Regina

Days Inn - Regina
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We were in Regina for a work-related trip and had to stay overnight to complete the job. The booking was made last minute and we were looking for a hotel with the best rate since all we wanted was a couple of beds for a quick sleep and be on our way. The Days Inn had a reasonable rate for $139.00.

Pros:
1. Free parking
2. Complimentary Wi-Fi - which was very good High Speed and easy to log on.
3. Complimentary breakfast - a good assortment (eggs, bacon, sausage, cereals, fruits, bagels, muffins, yogurt, toast, coffee, tea and juice)
4. Friendly staff
5. Large clean rooms with lots of desk space
6. Mini refrigerator for restaurant leftovers to heat in the microwave
7. Clean bathrooms
8. Comfortable beds with softest bedsheets I’ve ever slept in

Cons:
1. Complimentary breakfast - even though there was a great assortment, we were not able to indulge in the hot breakfast portion as they had ran out. The staff should have been aware of the sports teams stay and should have taken measures to compensate for this.
2. The sound on the TV was not of great quality.

This hotel is popular amongst sports teams. We were surrounded by noisy kids running up and down the hall. I believe the hotel management/staff was experienced in this and kept them on the first floor near the swimming pool. Due to a last minute booking, I was surprised we were able to get a room on the third floor away from all the noise. I don’t know how I would have felt if I was placed in a room near the noise. However, this noise is not due to the quality of hotel, but it is something to keep in mind.

After reading the recent reviews about this hotel, I’m curious about the sincerity of the reviewers. They are a either really good or really bad. Most of these reviewers live in the city that the hotel is in and only have one review. I think I know what’s going on here. I’ll keep that opinion to myself.

Room Tip: Check to see if there is a sports team staying and ask for a room away from the would-be noise.
1  Thank ProsaicTraveller
Cari L, General Manager at Days Inn - Regina, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted to hear all the things you liked about your recent stay. Our hotel is very popular with teams and we strive to keep teams together so any noise created will not disturb the other hotel guests.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Cari Lemieux

Write a ReviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I always have clean rooms, great hospitality and great service. The free breakfast is always fresh, well stocked and clean tables in a great atmosphere. Enjoy staying as always...

1  Thank Jeff M

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and our Complimentary Hot Breakfast.

We value your feedback and look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

1  Thank Al B

Reviewed March 10, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Days Inn for 3 days for a broomball tournament. I found the hotel very clean with a nice decor. The bedding was probably the softest hotel bedding I've ever had. It was spectacular! The elevator seemed a little slow and fussy but that could be because of all of the sports teams staying there. Overall, it's a great hotel.

1  Thank Pam B
Cari L, General Manager at Days Inn - Regina, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're so happy you enjoyed our special d3h Dream Bedding!! It is a favorite by many of our guests! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you as our guests again soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed at the Days Inn on both our way to and from holidays. The staff were very friendly and called us shortly after our arrival to ensure the room was satisfactory. The room was clean and the temperature just right. The breakfast was excellent and staff made sure the tables were clean. We would definitely stay there again.

1  Thank Yvonne L

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy that you enjoyed the cleanliness of our hotel as well as our hot complimentary breakfast.

We wish you safe travels and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

1  Thank Tory P

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I knew I was in for trouble when I checked in and was told my card would be charged for "accidentals". The first room had no armchair. Just a bed, desk and desk chair and two upholstered backless cubes. Turned out I needed accomodation for a second night so I called down to the desk only to be told they were completely sold out for the next night. Really? On a Thursday night in Regina? So I went on line and successfully booked a room at the same property. When I called the desk to advise of this, they offered multiple excuses but not once an apology. The next day it took forever for a room assignment as for some reason I couldnt stay in the same room. And to add insult to injury the front desk person basically stated i would not be given a key until I came downstairs and updated my cc pre auth! Later that same eveing the front desk refused to receive and print and email for me. I have stayed at the Days Inn many many times on business and have come to expect a certain standard. This was so far off the mark I may never stay at a Days Inn again,

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Michelle G

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please accept our apologies that the service level was not what you had expected. We have reached to you via private email to discuss this further. We look forward to hearing from you. We hope that you will provide us with another opportunity to be your hotel of choice while in Regina.