“great place to stay”

Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Winnipeg
“great place to stay”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

thestay this hotel was great the rooms were clean. They call it a continental breakfast but it is like a buffet muffins bagels donuts pancakes waffles everything. the waterslide was definitely a big hit this hotel was one of the best places we stayed on our 21 day drive from Toronto to field bc

Room Tip: Choose the floor that I stayed on because I liked it
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeremy m
Cari L, General Manager at Days Inn - Regina, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for you wonderful comments! We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our property and the breakfast! We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.
Cari Lemieux, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 31, 2012

As an experienced traveller with young children I feel It's my duty so share our 5 day stay (booked for 7) at this property.

Our first night began with a late check in (1245am) and we were greeted with a very damp room, so damp it felt as though our sheets were wet. In the AM I brushed my teeth in a rusty sink then took a shower in a tub that drained so slowly you were standing in shin high water in less then 5 min. I tried to rid the dampness of the room by turning on the fan in the bathroom but It did absolutly nothing because it was completly blocked. I asked staff if we could change rooms but unfortunatly the hotel was booked and we were stuck in the wet room for another night.

The following day we put the "do not disturb" sign on the door and took a nap with the kids and were very woken up in a frightning manner by the cleaning staff that bypassed the sign. She was sincere in her apology, however the kids would not go back down resulting is a crank filled evening. Later that day we were able to switch rooms and I must admit the new room was much less damp (although still a little sticky) and didnt have the problem with the drian or rusty sink. Why the staff didnt even send somebody to try and fix the drian in the tub is beyond me but let me tell you its a nasty thing to spend 2 days showering in.

The carpet in the halls are stined and look filthy, the rooms were modern but small especialy the bathroom. We found the breakfast not quite as good as other chains we've stayed in but overall a passing grade. The pool is the main reason why we chose this hotel bypassing the two star rating but I think is the main reason for the humidity issue, regardless the slide was fun but the pool bordered on dirty probably because it was quite busy every day.

After speaking with the hotel manager they discounted our room by 5 dollars/night, thats right five dollars/night. Money is was not the issue, but offering to reduce our rate by that amount was insulting and that was the last straw for us, we decided to stay elsewhere. I'd gladly spend double the price to avoid going through this again.

My advice.....stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Craig B
Cari L, General Manager at Days Inn - Regina, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Please accepty my apologies that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I am sorry we didn't get an opportunity to discuss your concerns in person. If you would like to discuss your concerns with me privately please contact me at the property.

We are about to embark on another phase of renovations in just a few months. This will include any rooms which weren't renovated in the last phase.

I hope that you will provide us another opportunity to be your hotel of choice the next time you visit Regina.

Cari Lemieux
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I would like to start by saying we had great service at this hotel. We checked in late at night after driving from Calgary. It was the 5th hotel we stayed at in a week and it was nice to have friendly people behind the desk. Unfortunately friendly people do not make up for a hotel that did not come close to meeting expectations as far as accommodations were concerned. I had read a number of reviews on this site about this hotel, and any negative reviews appeared to be followed up by reassurance from the management that renovations were being done and please visit again so you can see how wonderful it will be. Most of these reviews were from almost a year ago, so I thought the issues would have been dealt wit by now. I was wrong.

The bathroom had tons of mildew as did the pool area. The hallways were smelly and the carpet in the hall and in the room was disgusting. The mattresses were old and need to be replaced. Also, the pool area and pool washrooms were filthy even though we were the only ones in the pool and we got there as soon as it opened in the morning (so it was not cleaned from the night before). The wi-fi is a bit of a joke as it would not work for us at all while we were there even though the signal appeared to be strong. The thing that got me the most though was the fact that the hotel rooms looked so different in the website because they show a renovated room and they have not all been renovated. Also, our son was extremely disappointed because the entire waterslide was enclosed and he was unable to use it for this reason. Again, this was misrepresented on the website where the picture of the slide makes it appear to not be enclosed.

Overall we were very disappointed and would not stay again. I have to say though that I brought up the issues to the manager and our rate was discounted. She was very nice and pleasant to deal with, although really, we would have ultimately been happier paying twice what we did to stay in a nicer place.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank run2live
Please accept my sincere apologies that our property did not live up to your expectations. We are a few short months away from beginning another phase of renovations which will address the issues you were disappointed with. We do have renovated rooms and non renovated rooms at this point.

Thank you for recognizing the wonderful customer service delivered by the staff of the hotel. We strive to make every guests' stay as enjoyable as we can.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to showcase our hotel once our renovations are complete.
Cari Lemieux
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2012

after staying at the days inn in medicine hat we didnt think it could get any better! continuing east we couldnt find a room anywhere in regina (which was a good thing) almost out of the city we found this days inn and it was a true blessing!! beautiful building wonderful staff and all round great experience!! we only stoped for the night but it was perfect!! great location we were close to resturants shopping and easy to find our way out of town!! parking was difficult but we were able to find a spot in the back close to our room! our only complaint would be the thin walls we could hear the people on each side of us and above us all night but honestly its to be expected in a hotel! the room was unbelievable clean upon check in and front desk staff was outstanding!! we will stop again on our way back to try out the pool!!

1 Thank jolene g
Cari L, General Manager at Days Inn - Regina, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
I would like to thank you for your comments from your past stay. I am proud to work with such an amazing staff at the Days Inn Regina East. Customer Service is truly their main priority. We hope to see you again when travelling to Regina.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We have visisted this place for past 2 years and have never had a bad experience. The rooms are clean, staff are super friendly and the breakfast buffet is one of the best. We have recommended this place to friends and they have also enjoyed their stay.

1 Thank Reginavisitor
cregier, General Manager at Days Inn - Regina, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
I would like to thank you for your comments from your past stay. I am truly blessed to have such a great staff who comes to work everyday and does their best and has fun doing it. We hope to see you agin when travelling to Regina.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This hotel is in a great location. Not far from shops and some good restaurants. It is easily accessible when coming into Regina from the east. The room we had was big and very comfortable. The beds were fabulous! The free breakfast was nice. Overall good value for your money.

1 Thank sonbax
I would like to take this time to thank you for the comments from your last stay. We feel that we have great value for our product. We hope you will choose us again when your travels bring you back to Regina.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This hotel is very unassuming. It was clean and quiet and the breakfast buffet area was well serviced.
It is also very close to big box stores for a bit of shopping. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good as they have the same view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank D J
I would like to take this time and thank you for the comments. The Days Inn Regina is in a great location with lots of shopping and great restaurants in close proximity to the hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us again next time your travels bring you to Regina.