1,072 results
All reviews front desk room was clean the breakfast area bagels great pool pool area cleaning staff air conditioner a great stay continental breakfast tubs microwave highway vehicle
Reviewed April 16, 2011

We are from Winnipeg and vacation in Alberta twice a year. My husband always views the hotels on line before we book. We looked at the rooms at the Days Inn and it showed quite a nice room with modern decor and granite. Well, travellers beware! We did not get the room that was featured on-line. There was a remodel and only a few rooms in a new section were available . The room we got was deplorable. The hallway was dark and dingy. I could pick up smells of grease, body odour, and smoke masked by heavy use of air freshners. You can tell the rugs are never cleaned. Probably why the lighting was so poor. When we entered our room we discovered recent food stains mashed into the rug in several places. The nightstand had a red food stain smudged on the side. The bathroom was filthy. The bottom of the tub was stained. The grout on the tile was discolored with mould. The vanity was dirty around the perimeter of the counter. The hair dryer cord had a dirt build up on it. It looked like someone had waxed thier ears with it. My husband went to the front desk to try and get us out of there. He indicated the room was not suitable due to unclean conditions. The front desk informed us everything was booked up and there was nothing available anywhere. The clerk however offered to clean the rug. We felt the situation was unacceptable. The whole room was an issue, not to mention the worst air quality I have ever encountered in a hotel. This was at 10:30pm at night and we had been travelling all day. As a family we certainly didn't want people in our room spot cleaning a rug when they should have properly maintained the rooms in the first place. I was tired but I did call around looking for a vacancy and could not find anything available. I found it torturous to come to grips with staying the night. The air was thick and disgusting and had trouble sleeping. The next morning I was relieved we were leaving so I could breath fresh air. As we were packing our things to leave my son and I could smell people smoking in thier rooms. Nothing was offered to us for our ordeal except a rug cleaning at the time of our complaint.

Date of stay: April 2011
4  Thank Bruce059
Reviewed March 11, 2011

rooms were clean & comfortable, everything was good exept that the rate we were charged was exactly $50 more than the rate we had been given on the phone when we booked the room! & for this reason I would not recommend staying at this hotel

Date of stay: February 2011
2  Thank kfehr
Reviewed January 8, 2011

My family and I stayed at he Days Inn twice over the Christmas holidays on our way to Winnipeg and back to Edmonton. I have two rambunctious boys 3 and 5 who were absolutely in heaven in the Spiderman suite. My husband and I were equally thrilled with our own suite, closed off from the boys by a sliding door. The very warm and very fun pool/ hot tub area provided great energy relief after long days of driving. I would recommend the Spiderman room to any family staying in Regina. The price was extremely reasonable and included a great breakfast.

Date of stay: December 2010
2  Thank CatherineKEdmonton
Reviewed December 30, 2010

The staff that were on during our stay were extremely friendly and helpful.
Unfortunately, when we paid for our room, it was not quite ready, so we went shopping and came back later to check in, only to find the room they gave us was not cleaned. The front desk appologized profusely and promptly set us up in a clean room (closer to pool and breakfast room, too!! Bonus.
The pool was the busiest I have ever seen it in our other stays here, and frankly, I believe the number of bathers exceeded the posted limit - but with no lifeguard, how would you police something like that!
The pillows were nice - not too soft and we all commented the next morning on how quiet it had been - especially considering the number of guests who had younger children.
We don't have a credit card, and we were able to just pay for our room up-front without laying down a huge cash deposit. This was greatly appreciated - not too many hotels will do that.

Date of stay: December 2010
3  Thank CyndyBHayes
Reviewed November 7, 2010

There was a group of family staying in 3 rooms at the Days Inn. We had requested to be near each other and we were all right beside and across the hall just like we asked. The rooms were good and the beds were nice. There was a few minor dirt spots left by the maid that would have just taken a quick wipe but overall the rooms were fine. The place was full and the service that we encountered was excellent and prompt at the front desk. The pool area is a little small but we all had fun while using the facilities. The breakfast area was sufficient and there was a nice selection of the normal things to eat at a hotel breakfast, no hot items though like we have had at other hotels just the basics. We would not hesitate to go back to the Days Inn on Eastgate Dr. for another stay. This has been our 3rd stay there, the first 2 were before they added the Business Wing on the south end. It used to be out of the way but now there are many shopping stops within a few minutes in the busy east side of Regina.

Date of stay: October 2010