“No hot water!”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Regina
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed May 6, 2010

I'm now rushing to the airport because I just spent 15 minutes waiting for hot water. Well, it never came. I could have been there all day. I have never stayed at a hotel with no warm or hot water. Major deal breaker. When I complained they offered me 1/2 off my room but once I said it was business travel the deal was no longer valid.

2  Thank Xtanley0
revDRH, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Regina, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2010

I can certainly understand your frustration when we experinced and unexpected problem with our hot water.

We certainly work hard to avoid such situations, however I understand that the problem was unexpected and was corrected as quickly as possible.

Again on behalf of all of us at the Delta Regina please accept our appology for the inconvieience you experinced. We ho hope you will allow us the privilege of being of service on a future visit to Regina.

Reviewed February 12, 2010

I stayed here for the CBA conference in February.

Location: Downtown Regina connected to the mall, casino, office towers and parking. No need to go outside.

Rooms: I stayed in a deluxe room - clean and up-to-date with comfortable furnishings
View from the room was decent because the first floors are all offices and the hotel rooms don't start until about half way up the tower.

Service: Everything I needed they managed to get it done for me.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank DetailGuy777
Reviewed December 3, 2009

Stayed here for a gay volleyball tournament and relied on the front desk staff for many things as we had our small daughter with us. They were wonderful. The room was large with a big soft bed and a pull out couch. The waterslides, pools and hot tubs were great (although the long run to the top of the slides was tiring). The banquet they provided was very nice as well.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Buddyinbedtimes
Reviewed November 11, 2009

We have stayed at the Delta numerous times. Staying on the 10th floor always had a memorable wonderful experience, everything tidy and clean, beds amazingly comfortable, close to the mall, the casino entertainment. My room was very comfortable with the biggest bathtub I have ever seen in a hotel, it was biggger than a jacuzzi tub could have fit 4 people in it I am sure. The lounge on the 10th floor was a nice touch for snacks/drinks later in the day. On my last visit we could not get a 10th floor room. and settled for a corner room. The bed was not comfortable at all, there was a lot of noise through the hallways at 3 am with rowdy guys - which is fine hope they had fun, but they started wrecking things in the hall very disappointing. We asked for a late check out and were told we could not get the late check rate written in the room information sheet. When we checked out the desk clerk said that they didn't enforce that rate, by that time we had almost had enough. Oh, and we also attempted to dine in the hotel restaurant. We waited for over 15 minutes to be seated when there were only 3 tables of people in the whole place. we were seated at an unclean table, not given menus, when we did recieve one we just did not feel good about the place, went to Earls instead and it was great. I still remember loving my stay here, and always recommended it to friends, however this last stay does not see me going back I will be there again in a month. haven't decided yet.if I will give it another chance

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kitt10

We Certainly do appreciate constructive feedback from our customers. I did reply to your review and recieved no response.

There is definetly a significant difference in the two room products you mentioned in the review. I personally love our Signature Club Executive Suites on the 10th and 11th floors and these are certainly a quieter area of the hotel.

It is unfortunate when a group of guests return latter in the evening and create a disturbance. Our staff try to be proactive in keeping these typs of disturbances to minimum and do resond to any calls from guests experiencing unusual noise late at night.

We do hope you will return to the Delta Regina and enjoy a positive experience on your return.

Reviewed October 16, 2009

Hotel room clean, quiet and spacious, with nice skyway access to shopping and a casino.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Merebad
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My stay at this Delta was perfectly wonderful. The staff was helpful and courteous. The location is the best in Regina, with covered pedestrian connections to the mall and casino. The room service was tasty and delivered timely. I would prefer to stay here rather than anywhere in Regina.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank BetCBoi
Reviewed September 28, 2009

Comfortable rooms and beds, but not at the 4 stars level. A good 3 stars would describe it well. Rooms lack minibar. The housekeeping will do the minimum : for example, we had a room with a queen bed and a hide a bed. Housekeeping made the bed, but did not touch at all the hide a bed when making the room. This was a bit strange to get in the room recently cleaned, but with the hide a bed completly messy. Overall I would recommend it if you get a good price on the room. If not, other comparable 3 star options in town will be as good.
BTW, the restaurant is not very good (and expensive for the quality you get) and if you want breakfast early, you'll have to wait until 7am.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family