“Excellent location and Service”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Regina
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed February 12, 2010

I stayed here for the CBA conference in February.

Location: Downtown Regina connected to the mall, casino, office towers and parking. No need to go outside.

Rooms: I stayed in a deluxe room - clean and up-to-date with comfortable furnishings
View from the room was decent because the first floors are all offices and the hotel rooms don't start until about half way up the tower.

Service: Everything I needed they managed to get it done for me.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank DetailGuy777

Reviewed December 3, 2009

Stayed here for a gay volleyball tournament and relied on the front desk staff for many things as we had our small daughter with us. They were wonderful. The room was large with a big soft bed and a pull out couch. The waterslides, pools and hot tubs were great (although the long run to the top of the slides was tiring). The banquet they provided was very nice as well.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Buddyinbedtimes
Reviewed November 11, 2009

We have stayed at the Delta numerous times. Staying on the 10th floor always had a memorable wonderful experience, everything tidy and clean, beds amazingly comfortable, close to the mall, the casino entertainment. My room was very comfortable with the biggest bathtub I have ever seen in a hotel, it was biggger than a jacuzzi tub could have fit 4 people in it I am sure. The lounge on the 10th floor was a nice touch for snacks/drinks later in the day. On my last visit we could not get a 10th floor room. and settled for a corner room. The bed was not comfortable at all, there was a lot of noise through the hallways at 3 am with rowdy guys - which is fine hope they had fun, but they started wrecking things in the hall very disappointing. We asked for a late check out and were told we could not get the late check rate written in the room information sheet. When we checked out the desk clerk said that they didn't enforce that rate, by that time we had almost had enough. Oh, and we also attempted to dine in the hotel restaurant. We waited for over 15 minutes to be seated when there were only 3 tables of people in the whole place. we were seated at an unclean table, not given menus, when we did recieve one we just did not feel good about the place, went to Earls instead and it was great. I still remember loving my stay here, and always recommended it to friends, however this last stay does not see me going back I will be there again in a month. haven't decided yet.if I will give it another chance

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kitt10
revDRH, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Regina, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2010

We Certainly do appreciate constructive feedback from our customers. I did reply to your review and recieved no response.

There is definetly a significant difference in the two room products you mentioned in the review. I personally love our Signature Club Executive Suites on the 10th and 11th floors and these are certainly a quieter area of the hotel.

It is unfortunate when a group of guests return latter in the evening and create a disturbance. Our staff try to be proactive in keeping these typs of disturbances to minimum and do resond to any calls from guests experiencing unusual noise late at night.

We do hope you will return to the Delta Regina and enjoy a positive experience on your return.

Reviewed October 16, 2009

Hotel room clean, quiet and spacious, with nice skyway access to shopping and a casino.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Merebad
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My stay at this Delta was perfectly wonderful. The staff was helpful and courteous. The location is the best in Regina, with covered pedestrian connections to the mall and casino. The room service was tasty and delivered timely. I would prefer to stay here rather than anywhere in Regina.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank BetCBoi
Reviewed September 28, 2009

Comfortable rooms and beds, but not at the 4 stars level. A good 3 stars would describe it well. Rooms lack minibar. The housekeeping will do the minimum : for example, we had a room with a queen bed and a hide a bed. Housekeeping made the bed, but did not touch at all the hide a bed when making the room. This was a bit strange to get in the room recently cleaned, but with the hide a bed completly messy. Overall I would recommend it if you get a good price on the room. If not, other comparable 3 star options in town will be as good.
BTW, the restaurant is not very good (and expensive for the quality you get) and if you want breakfast early, you'll have to wait until 7am.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2009

Recently passed through Regina on a 2 night stay to visit the RCMP Museum, First to the positives: The hotel is located in an adjoining skywalk to the casino regina and Cornwall Centre (Shopping Centre/Mall) although to get into the shopping centre you have to walk through Sears, The buffet at the casino is good value (I think i paid around $10.75 including soft drinks/sodas) and the general area seems to have a few shops around,

Taxis are easy to come by and seem to constantly stop in front of the hotel.

Now to the negatives: With the exception of one male staff member (Brown hair and glasses) everyone else seemed indifferent and in some cases just plain rude! SInce i'm australian and have an accent obviously (As do canadians to me) i tried to speak slowly and clearly but one girl in particular was very patronising and almost seemed to mock me, The room wasnt particulary clean except for the bed and the bathroom was very worn and had the standard June Jacobs tolietries. I was on the 14th floor near the elevators, I did hear the occassional person in the hallway and i dont think it's insulated that well. I woke up at 4am on my final night in a fright to hear loud banging on what i thought was my door, When i checked there was nobody through my keyhole but i could hear people outside, A domestic dispute perhaps? I didnt use the pool or gym but noticed they were open to 11pm, If i ever went there again i'd stay elsewhere!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Harvsman

Firstly thank you for your comments on our hotel. It is through our customers comments that we are able to identify opportunities to improve.

I was disappointed in your comments on our team at the Delta Regina. We do recieve many positive comments on our team members and certainly we wish to extend hospitality to all of out guests. I appologize on behalf of our team for your disappointing experience.

I do hope you had a safe and enjoyable journey home and hope you will give us the opportunity to be of service should you have occassion to revisit Regina on your travels.