“Gone back many times!”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Regina
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed June 12, 2011

This hotel is perfect. Regina is not a place I like to visit but whenever I end up there I stay at the Delta. This hotel is clean, and the staff is very friendly. They are very accommodating and helpful. Best bed I've ever slept in. Rooms were spotless and the bathroom fresh with no mold what so ever. I would highly recommend this hotel. Only complaint is that the restaurant closes way too early!

However, if you get the chance drive to delta saskatoon bessborough. Saskatoon is much nicer then Regina and has a lot more to do. Staff there were also exceptional. Upgraded our room without us even asking. Greeted us with a smile when we came in 11pm and processed our information very quickly. The rooms were smaller and older then the Regina location. The beds were not as comfortable and the room was humid. This is not the fault of the staff, but it is a much older hotel. The view was beautiful and the fact that we were staying in a place that was castle-like made up for the shortcomings of the room. Please don't get me wrong, the rooms were still a million times better then any of the other chains that I've stayed at.

Please pay the extra $20-$50 and stay at a delta hotel, don't bother with any others. You will not be disappointed. If some some reason you are, just inform the front desk and they will resolve any issues right away.

I cant speak highly enough of the staff at the Delta hotels. Thank you for making my stays in Saskatchewan so pleasurable

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
dosmlkdelta, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Regina, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2011

Thankyou for your kind comments.

Reviewed May 31, 2011

Not designed for business at all...when you are in the room, you hear all the noise in the hall esp. the ice machine...desk chair has no arm rest so awful to work on a keyboard...gym sucks...dumbbells must be 50 yrs old

3  Thank RoadWarrior60_13
DeltaRegina, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Regina, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2011

We will begin renovations at the Delta Regina in July where the lobby and Front Desk area will be completely renovated. Once completed we will begin renovating our guestrooms with a state-of-the-art design with the business traveler in mind. Until then we are replacing all our desk chairs with proper business chairs with work ergonomics in mind. We are reviewing all our equipment in the Fitness area to insure we have the correct pieces for your guests needs. Thank you for your feedback on the equipment you used.

Reviewed May 27, 2011

If you want to stay somewhere under 150.00 this is it.
Great rooms, and the 10th and 11th floor have access to the breakfast and before dinner snacks room as part of the fee.
Nice staff.
Quiet. I have stayed here many times after trying several other hotels in town.

Reviewed May 12, 2011

Have stayed at Delta before and find the hotels reliable. Delta Regina is in walking distance to downtown restaurants and shops.

Reviewed April 27, 2011

Sooner is very inexpensive for the quality of the food. Here on business but would stay for personal

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Booked this hotel last minute as it was the closest to the Casino. Hotel had no connecting rooms, but we stressed we needed side by side rooms. Hotel said yes, yes. Even while checking in I asked" are they side by side?". Yes was the reply. Then we were given rooms 4 doors apart. All in a span of 5 minutes. Apparently that was all they had even though they acknowledged they were slow. I am a member of their loyalty program as well. Quite disappointed. Parking directions were vague. While the room was plain, but clean, the HVAC was noisy, the bathrooms dated. Lots of stairs to get to pool area. Very slippery and dangerous surface in pool area.

Alarms hadn't been checked by housekeeping, so one room woken at 3AM, the other recieved a call at 7AM. Sleep quality was not great.

Once again, there was a "Destination Tax" This frustrates me to no end. I really feel that after I've travelled somewhere and have supported their community with hotel rooms, meals in local restaurants, fares to local attractions, local taxi fares, dropped money at the casino, purchased gas locally, and often times, quite a bit of shopping, that I've contributed enough, but no, I also have to pay for their tourism advertising!!

This was the second Delta Hotel we stayed at on the weekend. In general I've found the chain to be in great decline.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Camping5
DeltaRegina, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Regina, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2011

Good afternoon, Thank-you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. My apologies that your rooms were not assigned closer together. We are following up with our Front Office team to insure reservations with a request to be assigned close together are assigned early in the day to avoid having them separated by other rooms. Thank you again for your comments and bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed April 23, 2011

For a chain like Delta, I expected better.
The bed was quite comfortable. But for me, cleanliness is important.
Just in case, I always do a thorough check of the mattresses and headboards, chairs etc for unwanted 'creatures'. I saw none.
But I did see a lot of dust between the mattresses as well as used tissues.
I also found a hair between my sheets and there was hair in the bathtub and on the bathroom floor.
Even the following day after my room had been cleaned, there was new hair on the bathroom floor (not my own - different length and colour.)
The washroom was also a bit old and in need of renovation.
Also, the high speed internet was wireless only and really not very high speed ... at one point falling so low that I had to drop out of a video conference.
So while the room was comfortable enough, I think they have to step up their cleanliness a notch or two and upgrade their high speed internet. Ethernet connectivity in every room would be nice.

Room Tip: South-facing rooms are better