“Friendly and accomodating”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Regina
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed October 25, 2007

The thing that stays in my mind about the Delta Regina is how friendly and accomodating the staff were. I booked by phone several months ago and the clerk I spoke to(Corey) was very helpful with the booking and did not put me on hold once to answer anothe call...a rarity these days.

Check in and out was easy and our rooms were clean. Bathroom a little
small but probably standard for when it was built. Beds really comfortable, pillows not so comfortable. Room was a little warm and we could not seem to make it cool down much.

We were here for a conference and the food was fine. The appetizers for a cocktail party were probably the best food we were served there. Service was excellent,by the wait staff all 3 days. They have a coffee shop in the lobby that my colleagues were impressed with, I did not try it.

Location seems to be good as the hotel is by shopping and a caino, not that we went out much Overall a good choice

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank hec286

Reviewed September 12, 2007

I stayed at the Delta on business July 25th while attending an event being held in the Hotel. Everything was perfect. The function space was awsome the food exceptional!

The location and quality of the guest rooms and meeting room and the service were all exceptional.

Great location! connected to shopping and casino.

Windows that open a real plus!

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank H0telCritic
Reviewed December 7, 2006

I've stayed at the Delta Regina many times when visiting Saskatchewan for business. The staff is always very helpful and friendly, and all the rooms I have gotten are clean and well appointed. However, the guest room baths are in serious need of remodeling. In fact, all of the hotel's public areas are dated (screams early 80's to me!) and could stand a freshening up. The guest room external doors have extra locks and steel reinforced plates around the door latch, which is a little disconcerting at first. However, I think this reflects the general petty crime level in Regina rather than the usual clientele of the Delta. The breakfast buffet is decent but not what a seasoned Marriott or Hilton guest would find exciting or consider a good value. The restaurant employees were attentive and friendly.

I have always paid the extra money to park in the hotel's heated underground "parkade" since it is very convenient, especially in the winter. Drive and park there with caution, though, because the spaces are very narrow and are bracketed by the building's support pilings, which have tons of fender scrapes on them from inattentive guests!

The Delta Regina is linked via skywalk to the Regina Casino, which is a fun place to end the business day. It is also connected to the downtown mall (Sears, Bay Company, other standard mall stores) which is nice. This hotel fills up with raucous RoughRider football fans when they are in town so occasionally it can be noisy. The Delta is one of the few hotels left in the city (maybe the only one) that still has smoking rooms available.

I like the Delta Regina and would recommend it for business travelers in the Regina area.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank MidnightClear
Reviewed November 20, 2006

This is definetely not the best property Delta owns. Rooms are in need of renovation and bedding is nothing special. The older heaters/coolers in the room made some noise during operation. Bathrooms looked aged and tired. I found the rooms quite small as well. I will not stay here again if I return to Regina on business. There are far better alternatives. The doorman wasn't the friendliest person either and barked out an order to move our car to the side when we first arrived.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank Beerboy
revDRH, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Regina, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback on your stay at the Delta Regina.

We are constantly upgrading our facilities and since your stay have added all new beds and bedding throughout the hotel, replaced furniture, and are working on replacing all TVs to flat screens.

Currently we are engaged in a major bathroom refurbishment project and our heating and cooling units are also being replaced on an ongoing basis.

Again I thank you for your comments and do hope yo have the opportunity to revisit and experience the changes we are making to better serve our guests.

Reviewed September 25, 2006

This was our third stay in the past 4 months at the Delta, and as usual, we had a very good experience. The rooms may not be the most modern, but the furnishing was nice and great views of the city and surrounding prairies. Great service at the desk and room service. The restaurant had a good brunch on Sunday morning. The pool and waterslide are always nice and fairly clean. My only 2 minor complaints would be that the elevators are probably the slowest in town and that the Delta Hotel website is not very friendly in terms of finding various rates. It is not until I showed up in person that I got the cheapest rate, which is usually not a problem with competitors. Overal, a very nice stay and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: September 2006
2  Thank Moosejavian
Reviewed July 30, 2005

Went to Regina for a long weekend and decided to give the Delta a try, we usually stay at Travelodge if the kids are along (biggest waterslide) or Radisson Plaza if it's just my wife and I (probably the most upscale/romantic).
I was pretty impressed not only by the quality of the hotel itself, but by all the extra attractions accessible without leaving the hotel. The hotel was clean, quiet, employees were helpful and pleasant, room service was quick- hot food and cold wine, really no complaints at all. One morning there were some young children running up and down the escalators and the staff put the skids on that in about 2 minutes- that impressed me because I've been in too many hotels where "anything goes".
One nice thing about the Delta is they have underground heated parking, it was cold and snowing/sleeting when we went and when we parked in the garage it was 60 degrees, really makes it nice in the morning hopping into a warm car and not an icebox.
Another nice thing about the Delta is that it is attached by a skywalk to the biggest mall in Regina and to the Casino Regina, so if you're there to shop or gamble you never have to fight the weather or traffic to do it. We stayed for 3 days and only left the garage twice (to go to restaurants in the evenings), that's worth something in winter.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, and I almost forgot...they have a 3 story waterslide with their pool so your kids will love it too!

• Stayed: January 2005
16  Thank jodcon
Reviewed July 24, 2005

The room was spotless and nicely furnished. Because this is a high-rise building and the lower floors are used for offices, every hotel room is on a fairly high floor and has a magnificent view of the city. The a/c was working perfectly, and there's also a foot-wide segment of the window that opens, with a screen -- unusual in a modern high-rise hotel. There is an indoor pool with water slide.

I splurged on a "Premier Room" instead of the regular sized room. According to the hotel website, the Premier Rooms are 395 sq ft instead of the usual 320 sq ft of the regular rooms. The Premier Rooms are at the corners of the building with lots of plate glass, and have a couch and upholstered chair in addition to the usual furniture.

I'm sure there are cheaper places in the city, but I doubt that any are as nice. Being in downtown Regina is either a plus or a negative, depending on your plans, but if you want to be downtown, this is the place. It's across the street from Casino Regina (although if you can afford to stay here, you can probably afford to go to Las Vegas and gamble in a real casino!). The Cornwallis Centre (shopping mall) is across the street in the other direction.

The only irksome feature is that checkout is at 11am instead of the usual noon, and they don't do enough to warn customers about this quirk. Also, there did not seem to be any bellhops.

Parking is an extra charge. I chose the underground parking option which costs an extra $12 per night. Parking in an above-ground parkade is another option which is cheaper -- I forget the exact price. I opted for the underground parking because it's more secure.

Stayed: July 2005