“Good Service, Nice Clean Rooms”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Regina, SK
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stopped at this hotel on our trip to Ontario. This is a nice place to stay, with modest clean rooms. Ample parking is available. Breakfast in included with the stay.

A restaurant is across the parking lot, not open for breakfast.

It is a bit pricey compared to some cities, however is inline with hotels in Regina. We will stay here in the future.

Room Tip: Kenora is located in a beautiful spot an the shores of Lake of the Woods and is worth spending some...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Marie G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Regina, SK, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

How wonderful that you enjoyed your stay with us. Though the restaurant across the parking lot is closed for breakfast, we do have a hot continental breakfast here or next door to us we have a Perkins restaurant that opens at 6 a.m. I hope you had a wonderful trip back to Ontario and that we will have a chance to see you again in the future!

Reviewed May 31, 2014

The room I had was at the end of a hall and quite spacious. The bathroom was very clean including the stuff that sometimes gets missed like the floorboards or walls. Lots of towels which was appreciated. Comfy reading chair in the corner and nice big TV. Breakfast had scrambled eggs, tortillas, some sort of ham meat thing, waffles, hot oatmeal already made, lots of fruit so I found it a nice place to stay. I normally stay at the Sandman but was trying a new place. You could walk to Tim's, Chili's, Perkins and cross the road to the shopping area easily.

I was a little bit concerned when I arrived and saw a sign welcoming an extreme hockey team but the lady at the front desk assured me that I was not on their floor and I found my floor to be quite silent which was nice.

Room Tip: Higher floor or room at end of hall is good plus if you need easy access to your car, ask for a room...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

So glad that you enjoyed what we have to offer! I'm sure that if I walked in and saw a welcoming sign for an Extreme Hockey team I would of been concerned as well! We have many teams in and as a whole, our other guests enjoy the enthusiasm of the kids. Somehow that quiet room with the comfy chair only becomes more enjoyable!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Passing through Regina, and didn't book a place ahead of time. Every hotel was packed to the gills -- why??? It was a random Tuesday night in May! But seriously, we went to three motels before finding a vacancy at the Country Inn -- for a mere $160/night! Ridiculous! But we'd been on the road for 10 hours, had our dog with us, and were getting desperate, so we took the room. Sorely disappointed; wish we'd driven on and stayed at the new Ramada a few miles east of Regina.

- Very dated furniture that looks like a grandmother's living room circa 1980
- Insufficient parking
- Mini fridge didn't keep food cold enough
- Spacious room with tight bathroom
- Pet rooms are on 3rd floor, not the 1st, so taking the dog outside was more inconvenient than it should be
- Limited TV channels
- Overall: I paid WAY too much for this room, waste of money

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Regina, SK, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with your recent stay. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn & Suites standards. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. Thank you for your feedback and we hope for another chance in the future to exceed your expectations!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I admit I was skeptical about staying in this hotel however as I entered my room I was pleasantly surprised. The room was large updated with a country style very clean with the refrigerator flatscreen TV and very comfortable bed. A large bathroom without the entire room and bathroom were always kept very clean. There was a complementary breakfast in the main lobby it was mediocre food at best however they did have a very good coffee.

I would recommend this hotel for its proximity to big-box stores across the highway and a very good restaurant the Creekside pub just across the parking lot.

Besides the shopping center across the street the hotel is very much out-of-the-way and I would recommend staying closer to downtown for more amenities within walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Chris T
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We are staying here tonight... I've stayed at Country Inn and Suites many times but this one does not live up to the name. The room was spacious but old. Everything needs to be upgraded as the over use is very visible. The biggest disappointment was that they advertise complimentary movies but have none and also only have basic cable. This was my birthday treat and it turned out to be a flop. So disappointed......

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Glo123456
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I booked a room for the rate of stay and play.
When I arrived, check in and got a room key. I asked what is the offer or play n stay.
The staff seems didn't know what is going on. I asked that suppose I will get some things with the special room rate.I don't know why the staff didn't check the paper with the reservation printed play and stay rate. At last I got a booklet with coupons.
Overall the hotel has every things we need. The breakfast is average.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Swing1068
Marie G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Regina, SK, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

I do apologize for the slowness of getting your Play & Stay papers so you could have fun at the Casino, Our new staff has not dealt with the program enough yet. I was thrilled to see though that the hotel has everything you needed.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have traveled here March 2012, I loved my stay here. The rooms are fresh, clean and comfortable. It is close to everything, you can also wash your cloths it is very safe place. The staff is very friendly and helpful

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends