“Alright for just one night”

Quality Hotel Regina
Ranked #27 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Price was medium using a booking website and I wouldn't have paid more. Room was relatively clean after we asked for a chance from our first room which had an odd odour. This request was meet with a little resistance from the desk clerk who stated that the odour was from the room being freshly cleaned. Our second room did not have this odour , fortunately. Although proficient, our check in with the desk clerk "M" did not feel friendly what so ever. No smile, no word of welcome or usual pleasantries. Hopefully we aren't disturbing her with our check in. Our room overlooked the parking lot and was quiet. Beds were comfortable. The cleaning person knocked on the door at 0900 even though they have a 1200 check out which was a little irritating as I was still dressing. No breakfast but coffee and muffins were available at the front desk. No in room fridge.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ndngurl

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I usually stay elsewhere when travelling to Regina for work or to go to the Roughrider football games. This last trip was made for business and there was a Farm Expo on as well as a Roughrider game, so the Quality Inn was the only hotel available. I had stayed here previously and was unimpressed. I am still unimpressed. The rooms are dated and the beds are so cheap and hard it is impossible to sleep. There are transients walking in and out of the lobby which is disturbing and there were drunken fights in the alley both nights I was there. I switched Hotels on the Saturday. It is too bad the Quality Group don't invest some money in this property as the location is good and there is a tremendous restaurant and lounge attached called "Memories" . I will definitely eat there the next time I am in town, but I will choose a different Hotel unfortunately.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank clint a
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I spent three nights here and upon arrival the room was terribly warm. I waited for hours for it to cool to no avail. When I contacted the front desk I was informed that the air was not turned on yet for the season, even though it was May 22. I was delighted to hear it would be on the next day. I slept with the window wide open and eventually it cooled to tolerable levels.

My next disappointment were the three hairs randomly dispersed about the tub. Obviously the maid service had rushed through my room. On my last morning I was also disappointed to see they had not renewed my coffee supply and I was stuck with that inevitable unused Decaf envelope. The water pressure was unacceptable as well and I'd read this on previous reviews elsewhere.

The room was well appointed. A sizable refrigerator and microwave complimented my room. The hotel is also centrally located in the downtown and a $20 ride from the airport with tip.

All in all, I think I could've done much better for the price.

Room Tip: Considerable street noise on the front.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I spent a night here while my dad was in the regina general hospital. I would recommend this place for anyone who has family in hospital cause tgey have a great hospital rate of only $93 a night which is awesome for regina cause all hotels in sask are so brutally overpriced . The bed was comfy and lication was good. 3 min drive from hospital and a very good trifons pizza right across the street . Although i wouldnt recommend walking there alone at night. The room was not cleaned well though which is my only beef.there was hair stuck to the shower walls which was pretty nasty and made me question how clean everything else was but i was too tired to worry about it and just wanted to get some sleep.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Crystal C
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I booked this hotel through a deal where you find out your hotel after paying. I was terrified when I read the reviews, which seemed pretty bad.

The lobby was clean and modern. The staff was helpful and friendly and polite. The hallways did smell like smoke, but our room didn't smell smoky at all.

The window was big and opened easily, however our view was of the parking lot and the window let all the outside noise in.

The room was very clean. The pillows are about 3/4 the size of a normal pillow but this didn't affect comfort. The bed was firm but still comfortable, my boyfriend didn't like it, but I slept well.

The shower had good pressure and lots of hot water. House keeping was very good in our room, but the reviews are right, dirty room service trays get left on the floor in the hall for a long time.

I think people rate it poorly because the regular price for this hotel is sometimes too high. We paid about $90 a night, and that was good value. I think because it is downtown and cheaper, it does draw a bit of a shady crowd. Our neighbors were fighting with their neighbors on the other side and security got called one night, the other night people were doing burnouts in the parking lot at 2 am and the whole room reeked like burnt rubber.

They accommodated our pet and were very good about that. Our room had no pet smell/damage, so people without pets shouldn't worry about that. And we had a non-smoking room with our pet.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

I would only recommend this place as somewhere to get some sleep and get out. The City of Regina has a lot better hotels to choose from. I have only stayed here one night and I am disappointed. I am here on business therefore I am not paying for the room, otherwise I would be looking for another place to stay for the other two nights I am in Regina.

The shower is pathetic. The bathroom is not clean. The room seems somewhat run down.

I would only stay here again if I had no other option.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business