“Clean discount hotel”

Ranked #30 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Edmonton, Canada
“Clean discount hotel”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed in a non-smoking room on the fifth floor. Decent sized room, comfortable bed, good size writing desk, nice enough decor, free parking at the back of the hotel (you need to display a parking pass on your dash ... available at the front desk). The staff were very friendly. Another plus is the restaurant in the hotel.

The only negatives were loud noises caused by the wind. My room over-looked the mechanical equipment on a lower portion of the roof.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Saskatoon
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We booked this hotel through Hotwire and we were blindly sent to this hotel and when we read the reviews, we noticed they were generally bad. When we frist arrived, the place was rather neat and the desk staff, freindly. At about 5am the next morning, we were awoken by the fire alarms going off and smoke bellowing in our window - a garbage fire that had caught the back of the hotel on fire! After a few hours, we were allowed to head back in and after a cold shower, we packed up our smoky clothes and we left soonafter. I contacted Quality Hotel's director of sales, Lynda Neuman and told her of our horrible stay to which she replied we must go through Hotwire as we booked through them. We felt very passed off and I explained to her that if Hotwire did not help us out to our satisfaction, it would refelect badly on trip advisor reviews. She didn't seem to care too much. Therefore, when Hotwire didn't properly compensate us for our problematic stay, I decided to write this review as promised to make sure others AVOID this hotel at all costs. If I can help a few people from avoiding the trouble we went through, our job is done!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Sasktravelbugs
Canada
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Great experience if you like to spend too much on a room with no ventilation except the old aluminium window that was hard to open and which had no screen, the tiny bathroom with water stained ceiling, a sink faucett with a cold handle which comes off in your hand, a moldy shower with loose faucett and diverter, insufficient and cramped parking, dated decor and furnishings, fire scared exterior (rear), oh and a bug on your pillow (but to be fair maybe that jumped off of me or came in through the screenless window - I only ever saw one?)

Room Tip: Can't recommend any room in this hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Leduc, Canada
Reviewed May 14, 2013

A very basic hotel that isn't really worth the price they quote. While we were staying there there was a fire that evacuated the whole hotel at 6am, and kept us out for a couple of hours. Afterwards the hotel wouldn't give any compensation because we had payed through a 3rd party (something like priceline). I was very disappointed in their customer service as we would have stayed here on the way back, because the fire was obviously not their fault. However, the way they handled us as customers was so disappointing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Conveniently located among lots of good restaurants but the price was too high for the quality of the hotel.
VERY uncomfortable bed, not enough parking space(We parked on the street)
Hotel staff were NOT friendly at all :(

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here several times while traveling over the years and its always been a comfortable stay. Certainly never had anything close to the kinds of bad experiences mentioned in other recent reviews. Rooms seem to be slightly larger than average "budget" hotels. Plenty of pillows on the beds. My only real complaint is that the shower heads are pretty crappy. No variation in water flow pattern just a low pressure spray. Otherwise this is hotel is just fine.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Minivanhighway
Saskatchewan
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotel was the worst experience I've EVER had and I travel weekly for work and often for personal. They put me on a smoking floor, and were refusing to change me until finally one girl stepped in to point out there were rooms open on the non-smoking floor. Then not only did they not have hot water but the water was FREEZING!!! I'm talking ice, ice cold. When I called the maintenance to fix it they explained the kitchen used up all the hot water. And this did not change all evening or the next morning. I was unable to shower at all. Then the person in the room next to mine was yelling on the phone all night and despite my calls no one was sent up to talk to him. He didn't get quite on his own until 3:00 am. It was awful. No sleep and no shower. And the hotel is dingy and disgusting. Not worth the money at all. When I checked out they asked how my stay was and I was polite but honest that I wasn't impressed with getting no shower and no sleep and they did nothing at all to apologize. I had to pay in full for my room. I would NEVER return and I tell everyone I know to steer clear.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business