“Great old hotel”

The Hotel Saskatchewan, Autograph Collection
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed June 5, 2007

Nice hotel, good service. The hotel is a little kitschy in its overtly traditional decor, but in a good way. Made for a wonderful romantic weekend away for my partner and I. Although we didn't know of it until our arrival, Princess Anne was staying at the Hotel Saskatchewan at the same time we were there. They allow pets, which is a great bonus for us, and since our dog has the same name as the princess we got quite a kick out of teaser her (the dog).

We liked the hotel so much we are planning to go for another weekend stay around the Regina Folk Festival.

By booking online and pre-paying, rates of $108 Canadian can be found. This is a very good price for probably the finest hotel in the province.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank drag-po

Reviewed May 22, 2007

We stayed in the Premier's Suite and it was the largest hotel suite we had ever seen. There was a living room, dinning room, three full bathrooms and a huge bedroom. The bed was a very comfortable king size sleep number bed. The decor was Queen Anne with beautiful wallpaper, furniture, paintings and curtains. The view was north & east to Victoria Park and downtown. The hotel was very quiet and we saw few children and no pets. The hotel is non-smoking which is a plus for us. The staff were very friendly and the food was good except both mornings the hot breakfast items were cold.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Happy_Traveller_DO70
Reviewed February 15, 2007

I was very impressed with this hotel. The rooms were clean and spacious. I particularly liked to sleep number beds.

It was a little more expensive than other hotels in Regina but it was worth it.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled solo
1  Thank ColinCanada
Reviewed January 31, 2007

Definitely not easy to access - many many stairs and no ramp for rolling luggage. No Bell Staff available to help with luggage either.
Food in restaurant was average - nothing special, but service was very good.
Otherwise, it is clean.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank FrequentTravelerPhl
Reviewed July 2, 2006

The Hotel Sask. is fantastic value. No more expensive than any other hotel in Regina, yet goes well beyond in terms of service. If you love the character and grandeur of the old great Canadian railway hotels, this one out-does all the others. Despite its modest size, I have seen no other hotel of its era that has had a better or more-faithful restoration. A great mix of classic style and modern amenity. The chef and kitchen do a great job. Although the brunch is a bit pedestrian, any meals ordered off the menu have always been quite excellent. Service is pure Saskatchewan - relaxed, friendly, and always going out of the way to be helpful. Some minor equipment troubles (the elevators occasionally have a mind of their own and the high-speed internet is a bit wonky), but this is all part of life in an 80-year old building. I do a lot of traveling throughout North America, and this one is still my favourite!

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
5  Thank plainsmapper
A TripAdvisor Member
Saskatchewan
Reviewed March 30, 2006

I thought the hotel was nice, the room was clean and the staff were friendly. The hotel was very busy that week so lots of noise in the hallways till all hours of the morning. The dining room food was good but pricey. The thing I was upset the most about was the fact that they did not have a big enough parking lot. I had to give my keys to the staff to park my car somewhere else off the property and I could not go out to my car when ever I wanted to. I had to wait for them to bring it to me, which took some time, so where it was parked, who knows!

Stayed: March 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 1, 2006

This is where we always put candidates for employment where I work when we are recruiting or when we have visitors come in. The hotel always gives a great impression of the city and makes potential new employees feel like they would like to come and work for us. We generally also have meals in the dining room as part of the hiring process: always excellent. The staff are very accommodating with special requests, etc. I recently checked someone in for our company and they did not have a non-smoking room as requested. He was upgraded to a very nice suite without any discussion: the clerk was only interested in making it right--that is why this is our first choice in Regina. This is a top notch hotel that will provide you with a special experience should you stay here. It really is a nice place.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business