“A hotel who knows they are in the client comfort business” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Hotel Saskatchewan, Autograph Collection

The Hotel Saskatchewan, Autograph Collection
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Oakville, Canada
“A hotel who knows they are in the client comfort business”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

I was in Regina Saskatchewan a week ago and I had the pleasure of staying at the Radisson Plaza Hotel Saskatchewan although for a brief 6 hours. It was a quick in and out trip for me. I arrived at 2:00am and left at 3:00pm the same day. I arrived at the front desk tired and frustrated because of the 2.5 hour delay in my flight and I was very anxious to check-in and get to my room because of my 7:00am meeting.
I suffer from extreme acid reflux for which I take a glass of milk to help take the sensation away. The front desk clerk said all the kitchens and venues were closed for the evening so there was no place to get the milk from. I went to my room and was getting ready for bed when a knock came at the door. It was the night manager with a cold glass of milk. This took two staff to make my stay that much better. The front desk clerk took it upon himself to notify the night manager who then made it happen.
Although some people say of course they should have done that or it was just a glass of milk it, however in today’s world the initiative that these two individuals took to make their customer comfortable is above and beyond what has become the industry “standard practice” of mediocrity. Their kind and thoughtful gestures enabled me to deal with my issue and get to sleep quicker to allow me to function the next day.
I would highly recommend the Radisson Hotel Saskatchewan to anyone who is looking to be treated with respect and by individuals who go beyond the call of duty to look after you “their customer”.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
aottmann, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel Saskatchewan, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
I am sorry your stay was so short. I am also delighted to hear our evening team were able to accommodate you with your request for milk.

Our objective is to provide the best service possible and it is a pleasure to hear we were able to make a difference for you.

We look forward to your return.

Anne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Korean first
Ajax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

The Radisson Plaza Hotel in Regina seems like a throw back to the days of big old hotels with a sense of grandeur (big lobby with gold coloured elevator doors, huge ceilings, etc.). The hallways leading to the rooms are also very fashionable. The room was a decent size, but a little smaller than what you might usually find in a newer hotel. The bathroom was definitely on the small side. My room was nicely decorated to match the old fashioned look of the hotel - had a very elegant flower patterned wall paper that suited the carpet and the rest of the décor very well. The room was very clean and fresh. The one down side was that the bed was uncomfortable. By 3am it felt like I was sleeping on a very lumpy unforgiving mattress. I would strongly recommend the hotel change this. Also today most hotels tend to offer a selection of pillows - my room came with just one kind - a little over-stuffed for my liking. Otherwise the service at the hotel was excellent, and the building itself seemed well maintained. The fact that the lobby had a large screen which was connected to the airport showing the airline departure times was a bonus for us frequent flyers.

The hotel is located in downtown Regina, a short cab ride away from the airport. You can easily walk around the downtown core, and see many of the sights and attractions. I stayed here for one night on business and the location was perfect. If I can be assured of a good bed, I would definitely consider staying here again, and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your time at the Radisson Plaza Hotel Saskatchewan.

With reference to your comments on the bed, we do have recently installed Simmons, BeautryRest beds in all of our guest rooms. I am very sorry you did not find the bed or pillows comfortable. We do have other options for pillows upon request.

We do hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Regina.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is a beautiful landmark hotel that has been largely preserved/restored to reflect some of the styles and interior designs of days long ago. We loved the glass door knobs on the bathrooms and closets! It is in a very convenient location and has a wonderful lounge to host guests and enjoy the ambience of this beautiful hotel. I gave it only an "average" rating because I thought they could "up their game" in a couple of key areas...the bed was tired (too soft) and the restaurant service was spotty...we also experienced service that was below our expectations and outstanding service all in the same visit. A further note, the room was quite warm and the air conditioning was not functioning which, through experience, is typical of prairie hotels during the winter. A fan was promptly delivered to the room upon request, but it was on it last legs and, consequently, unusually noisy and, surprisingly, quite dusty. I did not use the gym but had a quick look at it before we checked out...it looked very good and I was sorry that I missed my work out. Notwithstanding my earlier comments, the front desk staff are friendly and helpful and I will recommed this hotel to others. It is still good value for the dollars that you are paying. I will try it again on my next trip to Regina but I will check the rooms out first...I am sure they have a comfy bed somewhere!

Room Tip: If you really need a good nights sleep, take the extra time to check the room out first before settl...
Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Greenwiz89
aottmann, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel Saskatchewan, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay.

My apologies for the issues you experienced with service in the restaurant and the heating issue in your room.

To better serve you for a future stay, I have shared your comments with our Director of Food and Beverage and Housekeeping Manager.

We hope you consider us again, should your travels bring you back to Regina.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times and find the service mostly good but sometimes only ok. The hotel itself can be a little tired but always clean. Service is very convenient to downtown Regina and walking distance from major areas. The restaurant is good and service has been similar to the hotel and can be spotty. I go back due to limited options and the convenience of the location to meetings.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike D
Thank you for your response.

I am very sorry the service in the restaurant is not consistently outstanding. Your comments are appreciated and I have shared them with our Director of Food and Beverage.

We hope you will visit us again when your travels bring you back this way.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

Long line up when arrived. Not much food selection and some items needed refilling on the buffet. The food was cold. The atmosphere was lovely once everyone was seated. It was expensive for what you got. The piano was lovely.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sharon M
aottmann, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel Saskatchewan, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
I am very sorry to hear Christmas dinner at the Hotel Saskatchewan did not meet with your expectations.

We would appreciate the opportunity to make it right.

Please feel free to contact me directly at 306.337.4301.

Regina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful Christmas dining experience at the Saskatchewan Hotel RP this year. The ambiance, with live piano, was wonderful, the buffet excellent and the service first-rate. We had 2 gluten free diners with us and they were treated royally. Thanks to all of the staff at the Hotel for making our experience memorable!

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank David M
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your dining experience at the Hotel Saskatchewan on Christmas Day.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments.

Christopher Lake, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Marina has worked at the Hotel Sask for 34 years. There was a time when I met with business colleagues on a monthly basis, and Marina was often our server. When I was in Regina yesterday and met a friend for brunch, we spoke with Marina who once again was the server. I have always found her to be friendly, professional, conscientious and excellent in the service she provides to Hotel Sask guests. Thank you Marina for your ongoing dedication.
Cheryl Bauer Hyde
Emma Lake, SK

Room Tip: As I didn't stay at the hotel this time, I will not comment. However, I have stayed there previ...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends