“Great location / No problems”

The Hotel Saskatchewan, Autograph Collection
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed September 27, 2013

4 night stay in September 2013 on business. Great location in the downtown area, not far from shopping and restaurants. Friendly staff, speedy check-in and check out, good gym. Radisson has done a good job balancing modern conveniences in this former grand hotel, while leaving several of the early 20th century touches in place (the mail chute and the ornate ceilings and mouldings stood out). The story boards on the columns in the lobby that cover the construction and opening of the hotel are cool. It's clear the hotel was quite the gem when it opened. Bathroom in the standard guestroom I had was very small and the carpet was stained a little (and the walls seemed a little thin) - but overall a clean, comfortable room and great home-base for business travel. No problem recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: The view of the park is better than that of the rear parking lot! A colleague had the Premier Suite...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank NL49er
aottmann, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel Saskatchewan, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for your comments, they are appreciated.

I am sorry for any inconvenience the size of the bathroom caused for you.

We hope we will be your hotel of choice if your travels bring you back this way. Your business is appreciated.

Annw

There are newer reviews for The Hotel Saskatchewan, Autograph Collection

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Beautiful lobby and rooms are nicely appointed. The staff is polite and attentive. Was hoping for a spa service, but they were booked for the only day I was available...next time, I'll be sure to book in advance.
Continental breakfast was lovely with wonderful selections.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kathy C
aottmann, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel Saskatchewan, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you for your lovely comments. I am sorry the spa was not available for you.

We do appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We celebrated my mother's 60th birthday last night at the Hotel Saskatchewan, and I just had to comment on here - what a class act! Everything was so amazing! We booked at such a short notice, I wasn't even sure that we would get in - but the staff was so accommodating, the food was amazing. It really couldn't have been done better!

There is no way that our family is going to go anywhere else!

You have to check it out!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Cain36
aottmann, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel Saskatchewan, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your mother's birthday dinner at the Hotel Saskatchewan.

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your dinner and the time spent at the hotel.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have stayed at several hotels in Regina, and the Hotel Sask is definitely the best. Although at times pricey, the service is the absolute best, the food is top-notch and the beds are comfortable and clean.
The availability of the gym is excellent, and the machinery is up to date, clean, and in good condition. As I was there on business, I required consistent internet access, which is never a problem. My only complaint is the lack of a pool.
With a location in downtown Regina, it is close to many restaurants and attractions, such as the Casino. Additionally, a short walk gets you to the lake and a beautiful area for a stroll.
Although my trip was for business, I was able to relax and enjoy my accommodations due to the comfort offered by the room.
I highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in Regina.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the park - the view on the opposite side is poor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank AndrewJ1345
aottmann, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel Saskatchewan, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh here but when I find a pair of women's dirty thong panties on the floor in my room I get pretty disgusted. The customer service here was atrocious - I would be doing a more then just offering a 10% room discount. This is suppose to be a high end hotel - I don't think so!

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank celina12
aottmann, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel Saskatchewan, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

I am so very sorry for your experience and what you encountered in your guest room.

Obviously your room was not properly inspected before you were checked into it.

We do appreciate the fact that you chose us and we are sorry we let you down.

We would appreciate the opportunity to show you that is not a common occurrence at this hotel.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and had a very good stay. The decor in of the whole hotel was one of old world elegance and charm. The beds were comfortable, the food was excellent and staff were very welcoming and helpful. There were a few minor inconveniences such as no electrical outlets near the beds and the dimensions of the bathroom were tiny. Also, the door to my room had a lock but not a security latch. However, while inconvenient, these matters did not interfere with the enjoyment of my stay. Parking was right behind the hotel and was reasonable priced at 10-15 per day. The hotel had no swimming pool, but was within easy walking to shopping in a downtown mall. Given the lack of pool and small bathroom, I don't think I would choose this hotel for a family trip, but for a business trip or romantic get away it is a very good choice.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank EastCoastCanada
aottmann, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel Saskatchewan, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your time at the Radisson Plaza Hotel Saskatchewan. Thank you for your wonderful comments.

We look forward to your return when business brings you back this way.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

This place is on par with the likes of Fairmont Palliser in Calgary, at a very reasonable price (book online for best rates).
Staff - everyone was great.
Hotel lobby and public areas - beautiful
Room - top notch, clean, in excellent condition.
Food - I had their Sunday Brunch. it was excellent.
I really have no complaints, highly recommended. Only thing to watch for, I had a room on the 5th floor facing the back, and so I could hear the HVAC fans. It didn't bother me, but a light-sleeper may want to request another room not facing South.

Room Tip: South facing rooms may hear the HVAC fans at night. Ask for another room if you're a light sleep...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MarshBird
aottmann, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel Saskatchewan, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Plaza Hotel Saskatchewan. Thank you for sharing your comments.

I am sorry for any inconvenience the HVAC noise may have caused for you.

We hope you will choose us again for any future stays in Regina.