“Best option in town”

The Hotel Saskatchewan, Autograph Collection
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Regina
“Best option in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

The hotel has an old style with an antique environment but well maintained.
The restaurant is good and the staff friendly.
It is close to good restaurants and pubs.
The only remark is the bath tub set up that is a little unsafe since it is slippery and there is no devices to help preventing falls.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Rogerio N
aottmann, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel Saskatchewan, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your time here.

With reference to the bath tubs, we do have bath mats available and they are located in the closets in the guest rooms. I am sorry you were not aware of this and found using the tub a bit fearful.

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Plaza Hotel Saskatchewan!

Anne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Korean first
Fort McMurray, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I most recently stayed at this hotel while on business in Regina, SK. The room was very clean, cozy, and quaint. The staff at the hotel are very professional, polite, friendly, and attentive. I had the best sleep on the most comfortable mattress! I wish I had more time at the hotel to enjoy the restaurant and lounge areas. I ordered "The Saskatchewan" breakfast for room service - excellent value for the meal served. It arrived on time and was piping hot and beautifully presented. The location of the hotel was awesome as well - in close proximity to the airport, university, and downtown shopping. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank maritimeratheart
Thank you so much for your wonderful review.

We are so happy to hear you had a great experience at the Radisson Plaza Hotel Saskatchewan.

Thank you for choosing us, your business is appreciated.

Toronto, ON.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very small rooms and expensive for the value. Not typical of a Radisson, with front desk staff not interested in the customer experience. Go elsewhere and spend less for more !!! Room service menu has little choice and is expensive. Order in !!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank xr1234
aottmann, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel Saskatchewan, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
I am very sorry you did not receive excellent customer service from our front desk agents on your recent stay. Your comments are important to us and unfortunately without knowing what issues you experienced, it is very difficult to correct.

With reference to our room rates, they do fluctuate and change on a daily basis. I am sorry you felt they were high for the value you received.

We do appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again when in Regina.

Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

The rooms are quaint - most have Sleep Number beds - avoid them ask for something else - not comfortable.

The service at this hotel is always perfect with very attentive staff - I stay here for business and it's perfect for that.

The best part - the lounge. They have some great liquor (Louis XIII) to indulge on if you want to unwind with something nice.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the elevator
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
aottmann, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel Saskatchewan, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to publish your comment on your recent stay at the Radisson Plaza Hotel Saskatchewan.

I am very happy to hear you enjoy your time spent at the hotel.

With reference to our beds, we no longer have any Sleep Number beds, they have all been replaced with Beautyrest.

We thank you for your business and look forward to your return.

Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night. Staff was friendly. Room was pretty small especially the bathroom, but seemed clean. Unfortunately as it is an old hotel it seems that the ventilation in the bathrooms means smells drift into other bathrooms. Had lunch in the lounge and breakfast in the restaurant, both meals were good as was the service. Fitness facility was very good by hotel standards although it was too hot. I would stay there again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your response.

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. With reference to the size of the room, we have several different sizes to choose from, depending on your requirements.

Your business is appreciated, and we do hope you will visit again when your travels bring you back to Regina.

CALGARY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Our stay at the Radisson during Christmas 2012l when we experienced dirty coffee mugs and black hair in the shower was brought to the Radisson Hotels attention by way of their customer review. The TripAdvisor review also made it to their desk.
Anne Ottman from the Radisson was in touch to apologize and offer us a complimentary upgrade if we would consider their hotel in the future.
I am happy to say that on a recent trip to Regina we took her up on the offer and had a very nice stay. The room was neat and clean, the hotel staff were excellent (as they were in the past).
Our next trip we will be staying at the Radisson again.
Special thanks to Cassandra and Ripin for doing that little extra!

Room Tip: Fifth floor was nice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DAVID K
aottmann, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel Saskatchewan, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for your response, David. I am very happy to hear you had a pleasant experience on your return trip.

We look forward to your return.

Best regards,

London, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from March 22 to April 19, 2013.

Arrival: I arrived at around 7:30pm and as I was staying for a month I had a suitcase, carry on and laptop. To get to the lobby you have to haul your stuff up 10 stairs – it would be a challenge for anyone with a disability to stay at this hotel due to stair only access. As this hotel classifies themselves as one of the finest hotels in Regina, I expected a little more. For example, I would have expected some assistance with my bags on arrival especially with all the stairs. I saw some poor elderly people trying to make it up the stairs with their bags while the front desk staff watched and did absolutely nothing. Needless to say I helped them out. Not a good first impression. On check in the gentleman at the front desk looked up my reservation and commented on the fact that I was staying there for a month. He did not ask if I needed any extra hangers for my stay or if there was anything else they could provide. Certainly not a requirement for them to do this but it would go the extra mile seeing as they are allegedly one of the finest hotels in the area.

Room: The room was satisfactory. It was a king bed room and was a decent size with a large walk in closet which was a nice feature. There were windows which let in a lot of light which was great. The room could use a little updating. While I realize they are trying to keep with the old world charm a slight revamp definitely would not hurt. The one issue I had with the room was the bathroom. It was absolutely tiny – the smallest I have ever seen. You could not use the sink without closing the door behind you because the door blocked the sink. Hot water was also hit and miss and if you wanted a shower/bath you had to run the water for about 5 minutes before it got hot. Not a big deal but just something to be aware of first thing in the morning when you are getting ready.

Service: I can overlook a lot of things if the service is up to par. Unfortunately, during the month I stayed there the service was lacking and a very big disappointment. The front desk was extremely unhelpful and their dismissive and borderline rude attitudes were annoying to say the least. I would like to say that it was only one or two people but it was everyone I encountered. The service in the restaurants was no better with the exception of Dora who is a true gem. If you had any other server you would not get refills on coffee or drinks with dinner and they were just very unfriendly and I would even use the word miserable. Getting your bill took getting up and walking out of the restaurant to ask the girl who seats you after waiting 10 mins to spot a waiter/waitress. It was like this every time unless we had Dora. The sad part is that there was never more than 3 or 4 tables dining so there was really no excuse for the poor service. Even when you called room service it was like you were bothering them when you ordered something. There are too many examples of poor service to include all of them in the review.

Food: The food was good with a nice variety. Room service was quick and the food was hot when it arrived. Douglas delivered my food most of the time and he was great –very personable and friendly. There is also a bakery in the lobby (KoKo’s) that has great sandwiches and the best semi sweet chocolate truffle cookies.

Housekeeping: I thought I would mention Maureen as she cleaned my room the majority of the time I was at the hotel. She did an excellent job and was very friendly and made sure I had what I needed especially for weekends when I spent more time in my room.

Miscellaneous: If you are staying at this hotel you should note that dogs are allowed. I absolutely love dogs but there were a lot of dogs staying at the hotel when I was there and the barking at night was ridiculous and kept me up. Not what I expect when I am staying at a hotel of this calibre.

My overall experience was not pleasant and I would not stay at this hotel again nor would I recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank cairo20
aottmann, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel Saskatchewan, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
I am so sorry to hear of all the issues you experienced while a guest at the Radisson Plaza Hotel Saskatchewan. We pride ourselves in our hotel as well as the service provided, and obviously, we have let you down in almost every aspect.

I do wish you would have brought your concerns to our attention during your stay, to give us the opportunity to make things right for you.

Our General Manager, Marla would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly and she can be reached directly at 306.337.4300.

Best regards,