My fiance and I traveled to Regina over one weekend in September to visit some friends. We stopped at the Radisson and weren't disappointed.
Parking and Front Desk: The Radisson has a very nice parking lot behind the hotel with a cast iron fence around it that makes one feel that their car is very secure. It was first-come first-served and one time when we returned late at night there were no spots left in the parking lot, but we found one on the street to the side of the hotel so that wasn't really a problem. The front desk and lobby area are very impressive to behold. The decor of the Radisson is very classic and really gives the air of a high-end hotel. The front desk staff were very friendly and extremely efficient. No complaints.
The Room: The room is not very large, but certainly not cramped. The bathroom was clean and had an abundance of towels and complimentary cosmetics. The room itself had a charming decor, in fact I liked their curtains so much I did the same thing in our apartment after we got back. The bed was comfortable and spacious, the linens were impeccable. My only gripe is that the walls were very thin and we were situated with a very angry man who liked to yell about everything to one side of us and an extremely amorous and vocal couple on the other. However we didn't really mind. The view from the window was very nice. Overall, I was pleased with the room.
Breakfast: There were two options for breakfast: a buffet or an a la carte menu. The a la carte menu was served in the hotel bar, which may sound strange but made for a very nice atmosphere. I highly recommend eating breakfast at least once atop a giant leather sofa, it makes one feel quite snooty. The decor in the bar was incredible. Beautiful vaulted ceiling and an amazing attention to detail in the accents. They also brewed a delicious coffee which was served in a glass mug, which was quite an elegant touch. The food itself was good, their omelet was light and fluffy. Staff was quite friendly and helpful although they seemed a little overwhelmed. It was a Sunday breakfast however, so it was very busy.
Other Amenities: our stay was brief so we did not take advantage of their spa, gift shop, barber, or salon. Passing by them, however, they seemed quite lovely. I wouldn't hesitate to get a haircut at the salon. There were some very nice robes on sale at the gift shop, my fiance (who loves wearing robes around the house) was tempted to buy one.
Location: in the heart of downtown this hotel allowed us to park our car and not need it for the majority of the day. A 5 minute walk to the Cornwall Center and very many bars and restaurants in the vicinity meant that one could fill an entire day if they so wished without moving so much as 3 blocks. It was also very easy to navigate to the hotel through the city and even the dreaded Regina one way streets were not much of a hindrance.
Overall: We were generally pleased with our stay at the Radisson. It was clean and comfortable, the staff was polite and efficient and the decor was quite lovely. I would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a seamless blend of elegant luxury and modern comfort at The Hotel Saskatchewan, Autograph Collection. Regina's only "Four Diamond" hotel is renowned for exquisite service. Our hotel offers first-class dining, a full-service day spa, a well-equipped fitness centre and exclusive access to The Club, our signature private venue where members enjoy exceptional benefits. With stunning views of downtown Regina and beautiful Victoria Park, The Hotel Saskatchewan provides convenient access to Regina's downtown core and the capital city's top attractions. The Hotel Saskatchewan enchants the discerning guest with a captivating ambiance and an unforgettable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your The Hotel Saskatchewan, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Regina
- Radisson Plaza Hotel Saskatchewan Regina
- Regina Radisson
- The Hotel Saskatchewan, Autograph Collection Regina