“Worst Hotel Stay Ever!”
Review of Comfort Inn Regina

Comfort Inn Regina
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Based on the reviews, I thought this would be a decent place to stay as I had never been to Regina before. Big mistake! We stayed one night on Dec. 17 and I can say that I will never be back or stay at an affiilate of this hotel ever again. And what is up with Regina. The hotels are soooo expensive for such a piece of crap town!
First, this hotel seemed hard to find and difficult to access. They must have given my 2 kids and I the worst room, #125. We got checked in at about 3 pm and the first thing I noticed was the stench. It smelled like puke and dirty laundry. It was so overpowering that I had to open the patio doors that led directly to the parking lot for fresh air. That is when I noticed 2 drunks walk by. As I looked across the parking lot I saw 2 pubs on either side.
Then I noticed that the bed sizes were incorrect. Since we were hungry from travelling all day and needed to buy some essentials, we dropped our stuff and went out. We got back at about 7pm. Then the toilet overflowed. I also noticed that the carpet was not clean and the door trim/light switches were filthy. I quickly called front desk to complain. The desk clerk did not speak English well and I don't think that she understood that I wanted a new room. She was very snippy and only offered me toilet plunger to unclog the toilet myself!
I had no sleep all night as this room was directly across from the side door which opened and closed all night. Not only that, but the walls were so thin that I could hear the neighbours humping and their toilet noises throughout the night. When I tried to drown out the sounds with the aircon. that just stunk up the room even more!
We could not wait to get out in the morning! YUK!

Room Tip: dont stay here at all
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank tanscuba

Reviewed September 19, 2011

Nice clean hotel, pleasant staff, would definetly use this hotel again if I return to Regina.

Check in: accurate, front desk staff pleasant

Room: decent size, comfortable bed, decently lit by North American standards, TV, microwave, fridge, coffeemaker. Bathroom clean, decent amount of space, my bathroom is probably due for a redo, the grouting and caulking was starting to go, but not badly. We were on the ground floor and our rooms had patio type windows to the outside. They clean the rooms check out first then returning guests. So if you are not checking out but returning to the room for a rest in the afternoon, ask for an early clean. Also, this hotel is pet friendly so if you have allergies make sure to ask for a non pet room. One of our group had issues, and we found it was a pet friendly room, and they were probably reacting to the chemicals used to extra clean the room

Breakfast: continental, cereal, juice, toast, muffins, english muffins, fruit, and hard boiled eggs, plus tea and coffee

Restaurants: we ate at the Perkins in the nearby Holiday Inn, the food here took a very long time to arrive for some reason, but was reasonable when it arrived. We also had pizza at Creekside pub / restaurant very close by, great pizza, noisy immature patrons in the bar so would probably recommend take out from here.

Closeby amenities: The hotel is opposite a shopping area, so plenty of gas stations, London Drugs, grocery sttores, Wal-Mart within walking distance.

On a final note: The hotel is on the East side of Regina, on the highway....sort of. The biggest challenge is getting to it, as it is on a service road, and when coming from the east you have to drive past it and loop back.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank hec286
farmgirl123, General Manager at Comfort Inn Regina, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at our hotel. For all future guests that have a specific room type need, please feel free to request this with our receptionists and we will make all efforts to accommodate your request. Your feedback on the cleanliness and maintenance of the rooms and bathrooms is important to us. It wll be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future.

Donna

Reviewed August 4, 2011

On a layover here after missing my connecting flight. Friendly service on check in. This hotel is in the east end of the city and seems to be in an area with a building boom, but the hotel is dated. Room and bathroom clean and well kept. Bed was uncomfortable as heck, lots of pillows needed to get any sleep. Hotel was good and quiet. As a young girl, I found it to be a safe and comfortable place. I had no problem going for my morning jog as it is close to a residential area. I would come here again if I was in Regina. There is also a Timmies within walking distance!

Room Tip: Ask for Ground Floor
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Ashleyloves2travel
farmgirl123, Manager at Comfort Inn Regina, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

We appreciate you taking the time to review our property. We are pleased to know that our location suited you and that you were attended by our staff. Your feedback is welcomed and we apprecite knowing what issues you experienced so that we can take the appropriate steps to correct them. Should you return to Regina, we hope to be your hotel of choice!

Reviewed August 3, 2011

I was looking for a Comfort Inn and saw this just off the TC highway. Location is great and close to lots of big box stores and restaurants on the east side of the city. Offers what you expect from a Comfort Inn; clean rooms, very friendly front-desk staff (Sharon was especially friendly and accommodating) and good, free continental breakfast. The weather was very hot and the a/c worked great. A positive experience overall and would go back if I ever find myself in Regina again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for your complimentary review of our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, as well as, our unbeatable location. Your feedback on the cleanliness of the rooms and bathrooms is so important to us. I am delighted to hear how well you were treated by Sharon and that you were well taken care of during your stay. It will be our pleasure to have you stay with us agian in the future.

Reviewed July 7, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night as a stopover on a business trip. I found the front desk people fairly helpful and pleasant, although the morning person seemed to be more pleasant than the night person. As I was checking out, she asked if I needed any assistance booking a hotel for my next stop, which I found very nice.

My room was basic, but comfortable and clean. I was on the second floor (be aware - there is no elevator), and I didn't have much outside noise coming into my room. The radio alarm clock seemed to malfunction slightly during the night - it started buzzing around 2:30am when I had set it for 7:00am, but a quick tap on the button turned it off. The bed was very comfortable and the TV was a nice size. I only used the wireless internet briefly, so I can't really comment on its speed.

The location of this hotel is fantastic. There are lots of restaurants and big box stores in the area to keep you busy.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank lawgirl1
farmgirl123, General Manager at Comfort Inn Regina, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. Your positive feeback encourages us to improve our services. I will be sure to share your comments with my guest services team and we hope to see you again when you travel in our neighbourhood.

Reviewed May 8, 2011

Good value. Main complaint is a smell that is in rooms, must be a cleaning agent they use as I have smelt it in all rooms I've stayed in.

• Stayed: February 2011
farmgirl123, Manager at Comfort Inn Regina, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2011

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. All reviews are taken into consideration by management to identify areas of improvement. We are pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay and hope for the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed November 8, 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel, the trip was overnight, but in that time period, I had my chance to go over this hotel. Im no expert by any means, and travelled a bunch now, and I should have written more reports, but now I am. Booking my hotel this time, I did online, and I got the confirmation number as always, I recommend to join that Choice privilages points card thing they have, you can use your points towards free nights,which I did for a business client to see a game in Regina.It was a snap,and I was worried there would be confusion in doing this at arrival time, but it went smooth!
That aside, the hotel is located in driving distance to all the things you may need to get to,I DID find the hotel layout a little confusing,it was like a maze! The business suites are nice,although need some updating, but things were quiet that night,I did have some problems with the high speed internet not working when you needed it, much like the other confort inn's i've stayed at,as it seems they neighbor a Quality Inn,and you pick up their wireless signal also, and it keeps making your browser close, so again, you cant rely on it for any important business internet work.One staff member tried to fix it, but she was confused,so she had someone call me at 11:00 at night, and I had to work with some internet call center employee to fix the problem, which I thought wasnt my responsibility.Oh well, I learned....

lastly...the breakfast bar....thats what it is... dont rely on bringing the kids down and letting them eat, there's not much room, you get the basics, but with a small table, thats it, so they have no dedicated area for this,unlike others i've stayed at, you make your free conitnental brekkie, and cart it back to your room.so thats not a plus!

The light side, the morning staff girl thats works there,was friendly,and on the ball,if i had the name, she should get a medal for friendliness, and knowing her stuff, unlike the night staff that were too busy on the phone with their personal calls to help you.

Oh and the early morning staff who houseclean tap at your door before 8 am, so they start early,then they try to get in, so as your getting out of the shower,and get surprised like I did, you gotta put up the dont disturb thing in your key lock the night before!!! I've never seen the cleaning staff go about getting into rooms that early, so I wasnt impressed there.Live and learn!

The place was clean, quiet, had a few pop machines and snack machines to get you by in a pinch,and overall it was okay,if you like a maze to go thru.Take the stairs, its faster to your room,than finding the elevator there too.
Again, this is my opinion, take it for what its worth.But this is a clean budget minded hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kevin K
farmgirl123, Manager at Comfort Inn Regina, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we hope you will continue to stay with us. We appreciate your comments. We are always striving to do our best for our guests and our Choice Privileges Members and your review will give us the opportunity to review our standards and level of service. We regret that you experienced inconsistencies during your stay but we are proud that you thought so highly of our day staff. We are sorry that other elements of your stay fell short of your expectations and we assure you that each of the issues raised will be explored and resolved. Upon review of your comments I have reviewed the procedures with our Housekeeping department. We do regret the internet service did not meet your expectations. We are continuing to evaluate our internet services so this doesn't happen again. We are sorry to hear that our business room decor wasn't to your taste, and we sincerely hope that other aspects of your stay were more to your liking and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back. It appears that you were able to take advantage of many of our hotel's amenities. We do appreciate your patronage and look forward to serving you in the future and once again, I would like to thank you for offering this valuable feedback - Donna, GM