All reviews downtown location usual hie per day cornwall centre business trip parking lot bit dated upgraded to a suite free breakfast would stay again recommend this hotel to anyone free weights room was large booked this hotel block mall casino
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in August, towards the beginning of our road trip through Western Canada. We used IHG points to pay for this stay, so it was a pleasure that despite that the hotel recognised my Spire Elite status and upgraded us to a suite.

The suite itself was very comfortable and well laid out. It was perhaps slightly dated, but well maintained and clean. The same was true of the whole hotel.

Staff was great in all interactions we had with them, even though we really didn't do much other than breakfast, check in, and check out. Breakfast is standard for a Holiday Inn Express. I'm not a fan of eating a lot at breakfast, so I'm quite happy with this. However, if you like heavier breakfasts, you might find the offering a bit limited.

The location of the hotel was great, near everywhere you'd want to go downtown, and within an easy drive of farther away places. Parking wasn't that expensive considering the location and the small number of available spaces.

One small niggle (which is sadly very common in North American Hotels) is the insistence on providing only bar soap rather than shower gel. Hopefully IHG's drive to eliminate single use toiletries will take care of this problem, though.

I'd recommend this property to anyone staying in Regina, and would stay again if I'm ever in the area.

Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

Hotel is great. Close to Wascana Lake and canoe club. Love the mini fridge and microwave in room. Rooms with 2 queen sized beds are large and very comfortable. Rates include a really great breakfast; many options with full hot breakfast available. Also love the guest laundry room.

Area is a wee bit sketchy. Wouldn’t walk alone at night and 6 cars broken into in hotel parking lot night before arrival. Don’t leave valuables/ anything in sight in car.

Trip type: Traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi kayak_mom_Canada,

I appreciate your family for staying at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Regina. How was the tournament?

Our hotels are designed to bring families and friends together, it is disappointing to learn that we fell below your expectations. Our guests' safety and security are very important to us, and I read that our area made you feel otherwise. The local community is something we cannot control, but we do our best to maintain it. Rest assured that I made our management aware of this for us to improve our hotel.

Still, it's great that you find our hotel great, location convenient, our beds comfortable, breakfast selection excellent, and that you love our mini-fridge, microwave, and laundry room.

Thank you for the stay and hope you give us another chance soon.

All the best,

Rein D
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed September 2, 2019

Hi,

The staff at this hotel is terrific, always helpful and courteous.
For business, the deal is good and location in downtown cannot be better.
Breakfast which is included, makes so convenient to get you on the way to early meetings.
I recommend this hotel to anyone doing business in town.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2019

Good hotel right on the edge of downtown - walking distance to casino and the mall, plus lots of good restaurants. Otherwise a typical holiday inn - spacious rooms, clean, comfortable beds, free breakfast, friendly staff, etc.

The only issues experienced were parking - there is a very small surface lot adjacent, for $15/night. The other problem was the room drapes - there is a sheer privacy drape, but the the thicker drapes only cover about 20% of the window. So in the morning it gets full daylight at dawn. Not restful in the summer !

Otherwise very good !

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2019

This was just an overnight stop on our trek eastward, so all I was looking for was a clean, quiet, well appointed room with a pool for the boys, and I got everything I wanted. This hotel looked new. The staff were friendly and professional.

Date of stay: July 2019