The hotel I usually stay in for pleasure in Regina was fully booked and the only rooms available were much too expensive.
So I decided to book the Holiday Inn Express in downtown Regina.
Having not stayed in Holiday Inns for a number of reasons in the past, I thought this Holiday Inn Express hotel, located in the heart of Regina, Saskatchewan, had a good potential when I found it on Expedia.
What looks like a renovated property in an old building, it is typical of Holiday Inns, compact lobby, small rooms, and pretty much all self service. The room was clean and comfy, (however dark), and the hotel was very quiet. A free breakfast in the morning had a variety of food, including bacon, eggs, pancakes, cereals and fruits. Unfortunately, no one seemed to be working in the restaurant to insure that pancake batter was full, or the coffee replenished. A small issue I had with the hotel was the $10.50 they charged for parking. I don't mind the self service one has to deal with at Holiday Inns, but with no parking service at the front door and then having to park your car around the corner in the lot and lug your baggage into the hotel, then having to pay for it, is annoying. Its located right downtown in Regina, and at night there is not a lot going on around there in the evenings. (A symptom of the city itself) The only bright spot about the location was the proximity to the Cornwall Centre mall and the city's casino. I would only stay here again, but only if the cost was below $100 per night. Its not worth anything over that, based on extensive hotel stays.
Oddly, I was told however that if I had called the hotel directly, I would have had a better rate than the $140 per night Expedia was selling it for, so my lack of research resulting in me paying about $40 more than they would have charged me. 100$/night or lower would have been more palatable for what we were getting at this hotel. Not sure if there is a pool or exercise room, as we did not seek these out.
Pros : Beds seemed to be comfortable and clean, free wireless, central location, free breakfast with lots of choice.
Cons: Overpriced (on Expedia), small rooms, carpet in room needs cleaning, lack of service and personell who have absolutely no enthusiasm (front desk), difficult to get to hotel, as there is construction and many one way streets in downtown Regina.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Regina Hotel Guests Love Staying at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Regina puts you in the heart of downtown Regina. Our hotel's location is ideal for both business and leisure guests who want to be close to everything Regina has to offer.When you choose our hotel in Regina, Canada you'll be close to the action. You can raise the stakes at Casino Regina, catch an IMAX film at the Saskatchewan Science Centre or explore the scenic beauty of the Wascana Centre. Are you a prospective student? We're just a short drive from the University of Regina, making us a favorite among Regina hotels for parents and families.When you're looking for hotels, our downtown Regina hotel is the smart choice for business travelers. You'll be in close proximity to Federated Co-operatives Ltd. and Innovation Place Research Park as well as many other companies. Besides the convenient, downtown location, you can take advantage of our meeting room that can accommodate 5 to 50 guests and a Business Centre with copy and print service. A shuttle to the airport can be arranged with advance notice.Our guests think we're the best among Regina hotels. There's free high-speed, wireless Internet access, a free Express Start breakfast, a terrific Fitness Centre, rooms with a microwave, fridge and a staff that knows what's important to you. Book your stay today and discover why we're the great hotel in Regina, Saskatchewan that guests love. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Regina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Regina Hotel Regina
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Regina
- Holiday Inn Regina
- Holiday Inn Express Regina
- Regina Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Regina Saskatchewan