“Good choice in downtown Regina”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Regina
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Ottawa, Canada
“Good choice in downtown Regina”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

I chose this hotel because the Hotel Saskatchewan, my usual Regina choice, was full. Turned out to be a good option--the room was spacious and nicely furnished, with a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker. A hot breakfast was included in the room price--a nice touch. Front desk staff were very friendly and efficient. The gym is reasonably well equiped with a couple of bikes, treadmills, stairmaster, free weights and a couple of weight machines. It does not have room service or the restaurant you find at the Hotel Sask, but the Holiday Inn Express makes a decent alternative for a business stay. One tip--make sure you tell the taxi driver that you are going to the downtown Holiday Inn Express--there is another one in the suburbs.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Thamesford, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

I stayed for 5 nights at the Holiday Inn Express in downtown Regina. The location is ideal for the business traveller and the hotel offers a fantastic free breakfast with cold and hot foods. The staff are friendly and the rooms are a good size. High speed Internet throughout the hotel and a decent gym. I choose the Holiday Inn Express for most of my business travel and this one was one of the best I've seen.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
silver spring md
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

Our room was on the third floor and the window opened to a roof which looked like it was used by homeless or people looking to hide from society. I was concerned about safety because of several ladders on the roof. Our room was small, but clean. I do not know whether I would stay here again. Just a typical chain hotel.

Room Tip: Try for a higher floor
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank yodab
Alberta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

On the morning of our departure we discovered our front passenger window of our vehicle smashed and numerous items stolen. The hotel staff were very nonchalent and couldn't get rid of us fast enough. I overheard an employee say to another to give us a plastic bag to tape around the window because thats what they did "for all the rest of them" so apparently it happens frequently. The hotel does not have security cameras on the premises which we were shocked to find out. We won't be staying there again, too bad as the rooms were clean and the pool was fun for the kids after the long 10 hr drive.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Badunkadunk
Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed on the 5th floor, room was clean and comfortable. First noticed mildew smell then put on the air conditioning and left the room for a few hours. Smell wasn't as noticeable upon return, but did catch a few whifs of it at bedtime. There is a $6.00 parking fee which was not noted anywhere in my reservation or on the website when I made the plans to stay here. Upon returning to stay here there were no parking spots left so I "made up my own parking spot" near the exit gate. I told the front desk at checkout and they waived my parking fee. Breakfast was fine, typical HIEX breakfast. The area downtown is a little on the "shady" side. A bit dirty and run down, but still felt safe, bus stops right out front and the Cornwall center is just a block away.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank combiner
O, AB
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

We booked a non smoking room. Arrived at 10:30 in the evening to a stinky, definately smoked in room. Our daughter has asthma... not good. I discussed with front desk in the morning about the condition fo the room, asked to be compensated for it and was told that I couldn' t be because I booked thru Expedia. A man at the front desk named Darshyn was extremely rude. I asked the manager to call me. She did, she was pleasant but there are obviously some training issues at the hotel. Needless to say, they knew they had a problem with the room as it used to be a smoking room. Yet, they still booked our family with children into the STINKY room.

Room Tip: specifically ask not to be on the 4th floor
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Shannon B
Calgary, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

Since the hotel is located downtown, I thought parking would be a nightmare. It wasn't! There is a small parking lot in the back, but if that was full there was a parkade right next door. Never had a problem!

We expected our room to have a small fridge since I have yet to stay in a hotel that doesn't have one in every room. It didn't have one. I guess that would be my fault for not asking about it, it just seemed strange there wasn't one.

The only thing about this hotel that I didn't like were the beetles. There were lots inside the back door, which didn't bother me, but we also found a few in our room. Even one on the bed. After getting rid of them, we didn't see anymore in the room after that.

• Stayed August 2011