“Won't be near the top for long!”

Days Inn - Regina Airport West
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Parking lot- worst of any hotel I have ever stayed at. Poor design and terrible snow removal.

Reception- prompt but would have been nice if the male reception clerk looked at me and explained why a $350 preapproval is being processed with my signature required.

Room- fairly clean... Linens clean and bed firm. Lounger had stains all over it.

Noise- paper thin walls and terrible soundproofing. Could clearly hear conversations in room next to mine. Sounded like a heard of elephants upstairs and walls shake when doors slam.

Wifi- good enough for VPN but not strong enough for Facebook games

Price- fair price for what you get but it will not be long before this place is out of the top five

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Proudmanxman1970
Write a ReviewReviews (1,182)

Reviewed March 12, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 12, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DaysReginaWest, General Manager at Days Inn - Regina Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Days Inn - Regina Airport West, and I would recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Regina!
Safe Travels!
Natalie Cherry

Reviewed March 11, 2013

What a mistake choosing this hotel!!

Our reason for being in Regina was an extremely distressing one and thanks to your staff, it will remain an agonizing memory.

The unfortunate event of a sudden & tragic loss of a family member, brought people from all over Canada & the U.S. to attend services in Regina. As this is not a city my immediate family is at all familiar with, we had no other purpose to be there and choose this location as it was close to the airport, the rates seemed reasonable and they confirmed they did indeed have the required 4 rooms available for the one night we needed (March 3rd). These accommodations were booked by both the individuals staying, as well as a travel agent & were booked 3 days prior to our arrival with reservation confirmation number's given. In most cases this would lead one to believe that our accommodations were taken care of..... sadly, this was not the case!!
‘My’ family was the first to arrive early Sunday afternoon, via taxi. I do want to mention how disappointed we were to be told after the cab driver was paid & pulled away, that your hotel actually covers the cost of cab fare from the airport, providing one of your pre-established cab companies are used.... Does it not occur to your staff to let people know that in advance? ie: at the time of booking the room vs. after the fact? (if this is actually a 'policy' of yours to withhold this info, I'm guessing you are not having to pay too many cab fares!!??) I personally spoke to your desk clerk ('Elmira') on Feb. 28th when I booked our room and I specifically made a point of telling her we would not be renting a car, that we would be arriving by cab & had questioned her about what amenities were within walking distance, etc.... Does that not appear to be the ideal time to mention this?...... Apparently not!

Unfortunately this same afternoon (Sunday, Mar. 3rd) a nasty snow storm hit Regina..... luckily, this only caused flight arrivals to be delayed by 15-20 minutes (at the most). The second family (in our party) arrived at mid-night & were checked in successfully.... Finally the last 2 families arrived together (as they were on the same flight), at approx. 12:30-12:45am. They were greeted by a completely empty reception desk/area and lobby and waited a full 40 minutes for a staff member to appear (along with a 'thanks for waking me up' snotty attitude!!) She then advised them that there were no rooms available!! According to this 'east-Indian female' clerk (no name was given), she told these people that the 'first guest in our party' to arrive (being ME) had cancelled all the remaining rooms...... and that the snow storm caused highways to be closed resulting in your hotel being completely booked!! When she was asked to contact me by calling my room, they were told that was against your policies!!!???? No kidding...because she knew she lying! They had no idea what room I was in & I had no idea there was a problem as I certainly did not cancel anybody’s reservations! Please just try and imagine their reaction to this........ it is also important to understand that one of these couples, in their 70's, had just flown over 14 hours, on 3 separate flights, to get to Regina..... now they're being told 'they're out of luck' & your desk clerk could not even be bothered to attempt to help find alternate accommodations (by now it's about 1:30 am!!) Fortunately the elder couple was able to reach the party that arrived at mid-night & they were gracious enough to share their single room, while the remaining family was left to roam Regina, at 2:00 in the morning, during a storm, to find an alternate room!!!! When we all gathered in the morning prior to leaving for the service, there was now a different clerk at the desk (an "Afro-Canadian" female) who when questioned about the previous night's reservation fiasco - commented that "there is no way the night clerk told anyone that the room reservations were cancelled!!??" I'd sure like to know how she could be so incredibly certain of that?? She then goes on to say that the 2 'missing rooms' were actually reserved for that night (Monday, Mar 4th) not the night before and wanted to know whether she should cancel those reservations!!?? When she was given the confirmation code #’s, as provided to Sears Travel, who actually booked those rooms, she claimed they had ‘no relevance’…..excuse me, just what the heck is that supposed to mean? Talk about adding insult to injury…. She then had the nerve to attempt to charge for the 'extra occupants' in the room the elder couple ended up sharing (for a whopping 4 hours…….. from 2:30am until 6:30am!!!)

It is remarkable and appalling that each staff member we encountered had basically the same “I could care less, it’s not my problem” attitude.

It is extremely safe to say (and I speak for all of us) that we would never, ever consider giving any ‘Days Inn’ location our business in the future.

Room Tip: Hotel does not provide ear plugs, walls are paper thin and you truly hear everything but peace &...
Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sandy S

Please accept our condolences for your lost. I am very sorry that your trip to Regina was compounded by the mistakes made by your travel agent when reserving your rooms at our hotel. Unfortunately due to the fact that there was a storm in Regina, our hotel was sold out by the time the rest of your party arrived and the errors were realized.

The night in question our Night Auditor was run off of her feet trying to assist many storm stayed guests and other travelers in search of hotel rooms and I do apologize that she was not able to assist you as quickly as you needed.

If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me directly at the hotel.
Natalie Cherry