“Good burgers...one of the worst for service”
Review of The Mercury Cafe

The Mercury Cafe
Ranked #220 of 581 Restaurants in Regina
Cuisines: Diner, Contemporary, Canadian
Neighborhood: Cathedral
Description: It's a new restaurant that moved in to an old restaurant / hardware store. We liked it! People are discussing it here... http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?p=4829482
“Good burgers...one of the worst for service”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We've been here several times and usually get good food, but the service is brutal. We once stood at the front for 10 minutes waiting when there were clearly empty tables while the servers stood around chatting. Expect cold food because they can't trouble themselves to bring it out

Regina, Canada
“Great Food, Bad Service”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The food here is always great - best burger and fries in the city. However the place is usually dirty and the servers spend more time chatting with friends at the counter than taking care of customers. I go for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and always have the same experience.

Visited May 2012
Regina, Canada
“It could be great, but it's not”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I really want to love this place - I love the diner look and the location on 13th Avenue. However, the food just isn't that good and it's overpriced. On my last visit, we were there at brunch time on a weekend - there was a long line to get in and our wait was approximately 15 minutes. I had the three-egg omelette with cheddar cheese and mushrooms (more than two fillings cost extra). The omelette itself was tough and rubbery, there was about a tablespoon of cheese sprinkled on top and the omelette was stuffed with canned sliced mushrooms. There was also a line and lengthy wait to settle up the bill. I've been before and had burger and fries, and was equally disappointed.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank pimmingswool
Saskatchewan
“Disappointing”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I so wanted a good burger but..... waited for a seat for 10 minutes and was seated at 11:45 am (Sunday) only to find out NO BURGERS UNTIL 12:00! I asked, but they wouldn't sneak on in early. So I had a choice of breakfast buffet, omelette or Eggs Benny. I got the Eggs Benny. The hashbrown/ fries were yummy but the eggs benny was 1/3 pork fat. So Gross! On each I pulled out the meat and it was the ends of the ham with no pink just the white fat - ICK!!! I was going to ask for if I could only pay 1/3 of the price since 1/3 of my eggs benny was gross. No one asked how my meal was though. Why would the cook send that out? Who would want pure pork fat? I won't go back. There are better breakfast spots.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank wns141
Chris P, Owner at The Mercury Cafe, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Allot has changed since your review. It took us a while to nail some good staff and everything has improved allot since 2012. I'd like you to consider us again one more time. Sorry your experience was unpleasant but our standards have increased substantially since your last visit. I hope you will reconsider.
“Boring burgers & fries”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Hoping for something authentic and interesting and didn't find it here. Very boring burgers and fries--could have made better at home. Not going back.

Visited July 2011