“Pretty good find for pulling off the highway after dark......”

Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites
Ranked #30 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed October 8, 2010

I read that this place was once a Howard Johnson's and much work has been done on it. The room was actually fairly nice, although when I gave a yank on the headboard to find an electrical outlet, it fell of the wall instead! Some of the surroundings of the property such as sidewalks being chipped and a couple of boarded up windows detract a bit, but nothing serious. I though the rate, $107 with AAA discount, was a bit high. The front desk staff was friendly enough.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank EAZELIFF
Bev1110, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2010

Thank you for your frank and honest opinion. We have been so busy upgrading our rooms with guest comforts such as new mattresses, linens, flat screen t.v.'s and complimentary wireless internet, that some of the aesthetics of our renovation have been put to the bottom of the list. We have converted guest rooms into meeting rooms and pool change rooms, eliminating the need for windows, thus the boarded window. If weather permits, we hope to complete the update to the exterior of the building this year as well.
I apologize for the headboard coming off the wall and I have mentioned this to our renovators to ensure they are all securely fastened.
In regard to our AAA rate ~ it is one of the best you will find in this city! Thank you again for your reponse. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 27, 2010

Stayed one night after a riders game. We upgraded to an executive suite for $20 extra and got a decent sized room with a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, sink, etc. TV in each room. Mostly renovated...only tub was original (and needs updating). didn't have a chance to use the pool but there was a family using it in the morning and seemed to be enjoying it. Our bed was a king and was absolutely amazing (which is the most important factor for a one night stay). First time in years I've woken up without a sore back. I wish I knew what kind of bed it was because I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Overall it was a nice stay especially for the price.

• Stayed: September 2010
Bev1110, Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2010

How wonderful it was to receive your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and had a good night's sleep. Each one of our Executive suites is individually decorated, but all have luxuriously comfortable pillowtop mattresses. The next time we welcome you back, the decor in your room might be different, but be assurred, the quality of your sleep will be excellent! You have noticed our many renovations and the bathtubs are on our list of projects to complete. Thank you for choosing to stay with Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites and we certainly hope we see you again.

Reviewed September 1, 2010

I travelled to Regina for the Bon Jovi concert and stayed here one night. It was $144 and I was not impressed. The room was small, and the bedding and decor were outdated. The carpets were clean (vaccumed) but stained. The bed was not overly comfortable and the bedding was of average quality. The air conditioner barely functioned as a fan and did nothing to cool the room down.
The shower was ok, but the towels were stiff and scratchy.
The staff were pleasant despite the higher volume of guests. I had no problems with my room (booked online), but other guests were checked into smoking rooms when they had specifically requested non-smoking. One guest was booked into a room that already had someone in it.
For the money, you can probably find somewhere better to stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank daisygirl31
Bev1110, Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2010

I appreciate that you have taken the time to comment on your stay at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites. Judging from your comments, I am assuming you stayed in one of our smaller Queen size rooms. I realize these rooms are small, however, as I do not have your personal information I am unable to address the specifics of your concerns.
As you probably noticed, have undergone major renovations to our hotel, and as our name suggests, we have a variety of suites that we now offer including: Jetted Tub suites, executive suites and family suites.
I would like you to experience a stay in one of these beautifully appointed suites. Please call me personally and we can discuss this further.
Thank you once again for your response.

Reviewed July 29, 2010

I was very pleased to see all the changes that have taken place since this hotel is no longer a HowardJohnston. I was given a executive suite ,they are fantastic. It was very clean & comfortable and the staff made me feel welcome. It is to bad that people do not relize that this hotel has been upgraded and has great things to offer. But good for me as the rates are still very good.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
ManagerBev, Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2010

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It has been difficult for us to overcome the reputation of this hotel and we truly appreciate your feedback. We are very proud of the accomplishments we have made so far and we endeavour to provide excellence in customer service. We sincerely hope you come back again.
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed June 21, 2010

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and it has now been rebranded or bought out from the old Howard Johnson chain.

Overall, the service is very friendly, the hotel is very reasonable and has almost completed a full refurbishment. Since November last year, they have introduced new dining on site which produces actually rather good meals, and I understand from talking to the hotel staff following my surprise, they have completed the work on all the rooms.

The newly refurbished rooms are simple, tasteful and clean, and have been refurbished to a good standard although the carpet in the main areas is clean but needs updating. In particular, the suites are only a little more expensive and have excellent additional facilities such as a fridge and have masses of space.

In particular, their new Sales Manager was superb providing a warm welcome and stepping in to ensure my stay was great.

Overall, this is a completely different hotel from the hotel I was at last year which was part of the Howard Johnson chain; a massive improvement - well done!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Bev1110, Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2010

The title of your comment says it all! I truly appreciate that you took the time to comment on your stay with us. Yes we have rebranded and the renovations that we have completed have totally changed the appearance of the hotel; however, in addition to this we have retrained our staff to provide top-notch customer service. I am glad you noticed!
Once again...thank you for your response and we look forward to welcoming you again to Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites

Reviewed April 29, 2010

Last weekend, my family stayed at the Chateau Regina. We were very impressed with the great value we received! Reasonable rates, clean, tastefully decorated rooms and excellent customer service. . . . . and the kids had a blast in the pool! We will definitely stay at the Chateau Regina again! The beds are so comfy!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Agnes079
Reviewed December 1, 2009

This hotel is beyond a dump! We stayed here for the Labor Day game this past September, and really wish we hadn't! I am really glad our plans changed at the last minute and we were only in Regina for one nite - not the weekend stay that was originally booked.
I had expected the room to be well worn , which it was ... but when we got checked into the room - THERE WAS BLOOD ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE BATHTUB!! (which was NOT ours, incase the bold print did not get the point across!) There were of course no other rooms available as it is a very busy weekend in Regina. When I called to the front desk, at one point they had suggested I would clean it myself ... which was made very clear to them quite quickly this would NOT be the case! We were offered an insulting nightly rate reduction, and given the manager's business card to follow up when we got home ... which I did not bother to do, at that point, I am not sure it would have made any difference.
Stay away from this hotel at all costs! It is really not worth the gamble for what you will likely end up with!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank Peachy16
Bev1110, Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2010

Hi Peachy 16, every time I visit the Trip Advisor site, I see this review and I reminded how far we have come and how many improvements we have made to this hotel since you wrote your review. We are now Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites. We have completed extensive renovations to our rooms, some of which include; pillow top mattresses, premium bedding packages, 42" flatscreen t.v.'s, new bathroom vanity tops, new bathroom fixtures and toilets. We have also created several two room suites, consisting of jetted tub suites, executive suites and family suites all with kingsize bedrooms. I would be honoured if you would give us another chance. We have also completed construction of a brand new lounge (Zahir's Lounge) on our property. Please contact me direct if you have any questions. Thank you.
Yours truly,