“Awful, Awful, Gross and Awful!”

Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites
Ranked #29 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Vancouver, Canada
“Awful, Awful, Gross and Awful!”
Reviewed December 1, 2009

This hotel is beyond a dump! We stayed here for the Labor Day game this past September, and really wish we hadn't! I am really glad our plans changed at the last minute and we were only in Regina for one nite - not the weekend stay that was originally booked.
I had expected the room to be well worn , which it was ... but when we got checked into the room - THERE WAS BLOOD ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE BATHTUB!! (which was NOT ours, incase the bold print did not get the point across!) There were of course no other rooms available as it is a very busy weekend in Regina. When I called to the front desk, at one point they had suggested I would clean it myself ... which was made very clear to them quite quickly this would NOT be the case! We were offered an insulting nightly rate reduction, and given the manager's business card to follow up when we got home ... which I did not bother to do, at that point, I am not sure it would have made any difference.
Stay away from this hotel at all costs! It is really not worth the gamble for what you will likely end up with!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank Peachy16
Bev1110, Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 14, 2010
Hi Peachy 16, every time I visit the Trip Advisor site, I see this review and I reminded how far we have come and how many improvements we have made to this hotel since you wrote your review. We are now Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites. We have completed extensive renovations to our rooms, some of which include; pillow top mattresses, premium bedding packages, 42" flatscreen t.v.'s, new bathroom vanity tops, new bathroom fixtures and toilets. We have also created several two room suites, consisting of jetted tub suites, executive suites and family suites all with kingsize bedrooms. I would be honoured if you would give us another chance. We have also completed construction of a brand new lounge (Zahir's Lounge) on our property. Please contact me direct if you have any questions. Thank you.
Yours truly,
Bev Herperger
Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Saskatchewan
Reviewed November 29, 2009

Stayed at the here this weekend, the lobby is deceiving. Updated etc but when you get to 2nd floor- very old , outdated, the room was like a cave. Very dark, two small lamps that was it, patches in the wall.. We didn;t use pool as it was a creepy shade of brown. The only thing I can say is that their breakfast is offered by Smitty's next door with a coupon, good breakfast.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank rinkrat1234
SK
Reviewed November 13, 2009

My mother stayed in a room here for a night before flying out of province after a stay in Southern SK and the staff were very accomodating. Service was a little slow at the front desk because the lady was cleaning something but she was super friendly. We (myself & my 4 children) were allowed to use the pool with my mother & we had a blast! We did stay on a Monday night so we had the pool all to ourselves. They were also doing reno's but my mother had no complaints of her sleep there. Highly recommend this place if your not too picky & just want a safe, reasonably priced room to rest your head in for a night or two:)

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Creighton Saskatchewan Canada
Reviewed August 26, 2009

So, I booked 2 rooms at the Hojo back in April/09 for the AC/DC Concert at Taylor Field. It was the only hotel that was available after I had scored 4 tickets to to Concert. I read the reviews just before going to Regina, and thought, holy cow . . . this could be really, really bad!
We arrived at 1:30 p.m., and our rooms weren't ready. Went for lunch, returned at 3:00 p.m. Took about 20 minutes to check in (everyone was there for the concert). We had rooms 219 (1 Queen Bed Non-Smoking) and 220 (2 Double Beds Non-Smoking).
Rooms were clean, bedding fresh, decent pillows. Mattresses were comfy.
Bathrooms looked updated, no stains or scratched porcelain. 3 pillows on each bed, towels is decorative shapes. There was plenty of soap and shampoo and towels.
Even got a sewing kit from the front desk when I lost a button.
Carpeting could have been laid better, as it was somewhat loose, and had ridges in it (didn't use a carpet kicker to install it!).
We were pleasantly surprised.
Overall the Hotel was quiet.
We left shortly after 6:00 p.m., and didn't return to our rooms until 1:30 a.m. Given the amount of people checking in, with booze and in the party mood for AC/DC, it was pretty tame.
We stayed up until 3:45 (our pizza ordered at 1:30 arrived at 3:05 a.m.)
At 3:50 a.m., someone pulled the fire alarm. It lasted for about 10 minutes.
Couldn't hear anyone on either side or about us, again, probably because of the age of the hotel.
The only glitch we had was getting hot water in our shower. We had to run it for at least 5 minutes before it would get warm. After that, we had plenty of hot water, and the shower head had decent pressure (not a water saver kind).
Check out at 11:00 a.m. was again busy (all the concert goers heading home).
Most commented on the fire alarm and the time it took to shut off. Apparently, they couldn't find keys to shut the alarm off.
The hotel is in walking distance from Taylor Field (about 3.5 miles).
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, but would definitely ask for the same rooms (given the recent reviews I've read).
For $100 it did the job!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Calgary
Reviewed August 12, 2009

I booked a room in advance two weeks before my arrive, at 99 dollars per night, but they charged my credit card at 120 dollars per night for the same room because, they said, a rock band had a concert in Regina so they decided to increase the rate of the rooms. But they did not tell me that when I arrived. They offered wireless internet, but it did not work. The room and bathroom were clean, although I had to wait around 15 minutes to have hot water in the shower.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank Voyaguer2000
Saskatchewan
Reviewed April 19, 2009

One of the beds was completely lopsided, paint falling off of walls, hard crust on rug, not a clean smell at all. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank jjctv
Manitoba
Reviewed February 6, 2009

My friend and I planned a weekend get-away and booked a room here for the weekend. Our experience (even for two people looking to get away and have some fun) was horrible. The staff was incredibly unprofessional. The woman at the front desk was in normal every clothes instead of wearing a uniform or even a nametag. They were in the process of renovating so the floors and most of the walls in the lobby and hallways were ripped up. Which was the least of our problems, when we went in our room we found a pair of used black socks on the floor hidden underneath the comforter by one of the beds, we managed to get them out of our way without actually touching them and when we informed the housekeeper the next morning she said for us to "just throw them out". HELLO, we did good enough to at least get them out of our way; we didn’t want it to spoil our trip so we didn’t make near of a fuss, as we should have.
The hallways smelled like food and the whole place was just old and unpleasant.
We didn’t let it ruin our trip and tried to laugh it off, but never have I stayed in a chain hotel such as this one, that was really this horrible. It certainly doesn’t give Howard Johnson’s a good name.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank vacationer081