“Wonderful Place”

Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites
Ranked #30 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

I was very happy to take my brother's family here when we came up for a kid's event. Price was extremely reasonable and I was able to upgrade to a jacuzzi suite for my brother and his wife. The staff were so friendly and so nice to the kids! It was 50 below the day we were there so of course the pool was cold but that's not anyone's fault. Quite happy with our stay

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Abdul S, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback and I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your comments will be shared with all associates.

Thanks Again.

There are newer reviews for Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed here while travelling through Regina, the main reason I came here was due to the lower price point, which was a fair price (unlike many other hotels in regina which are overpriced).

The room itself was very good, no complaints, it had a large TV, it smelled a bit funny but it was ok. The bathrooms were clean, although the ceiling was very low. The beds were good and it was a quality room.

Now this is either the big pro, or the con.

This hotel is ATTACHED to a very seedy night club, in a very seedy area of Regina, so expect drunk people, possible hookers, and rowdy kids to be running around, yapping, and yelling.

The parking lots have signs on them saying "PARK AT YOUR OWN RISK, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR STOLEN GOODS OR BREAK INS" Yeah that makes me feel real good, where the hell else am I going to park?? 10km away? Why on earth can you guys not at least hold SOME responsibility over your own parking lots. Now I had no problems, but it made me very nervous.

The staff were fine, no problems there, and that "pool" is more of a large bathtub.

Either way, if you are on a budget and don't mind taking a chance of someone breaking in your car, this is an acceptable place. Again, if it wasn't for the ghetto location, it would be a great hotel. But I do have a feeling that this place maintains its business on a symbiotic relationship with that club, and drunk couples / new "friends" needing a place to stay.

And hey, if you are part of the seedy nightclub scene, then this hotel is a match made in heaven. As for someone passing through, it wasn't a huge trill.

I would give this 2 stars if the rooms weren't so good, at least the room I was in was great so it is a bit tricky to rate.

Room Tip: Don't be fooled by the name, and avoid coming here on fridays / saturdays due to the nightclub...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Carl K
Abdul S, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay at Chateau Regina Hotel. It’s only with feedback such as yours that we can get better and better. So we appreciate you helping us improve.

I am very pleased to know that you liked your room and find staff friendly and helpful.

Regarding "Park at your own rick" signs, it's to caution guest that they must not leave any valuable in vehicles. Also, due to the location of our hotel its not possible for us to provide security for each vehicle in our parking lot. As matter of fact other establishments which has paid parking, even they do not take any responsibility of stolen goods or damage to the vehicles.

We are making few changes to re-direct lounge cliental away from the hotel, I hope to implement these changes by end of June 2014. Your point is well taken, I understand your frustration, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

It is my goal to restore your confidence in our Hotel by solving this problems and preventing it from happening again.

I look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Had a great time. The place was nice and clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. There was lots of parking and also it is in a decent end of town close to pots of shopping malls and places of all kinds and sorts that can please anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank kats420
Abdul S, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Chateau Regina Hotel. We truly value the opinions. I am very pleased to know that our associates provided friendly service during your stay. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission.

Your comments will be shared with all associates.

We hope to serve you again in near future.

Thanks Again,

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Lovely little hotel. We paid a rate of 110$ for the night. Rooms are small but clean and make good use of space. Bed was smaller than average (a queen that wasn't!) and comfort is a matter of opinion. Being almost 5 months pregnant with bad hip pain I didn't expect a good night's sleep anyway, so was pleasantly surprised to find the bed comfortable and got a good night's sleep. The pillows were noticeably new and comfy. My husband, however, found the bed too soft, uncomfortable, and his back hurt the next day.

This place is nothing fancy, but for the price I was very happy with the cleanliness and accommodations. I would stay here again, for sure!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Abdul S, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

Hope to serve you again in near future.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

This hotel is located on the east side of town- in an area full of hotels, motels, chain stores and restaurants. In that respect there are several amenities conveniently nearby.

The Chateau Regina must be one of the few left in Canada- or North America for that matter- which still has smoking rooms. Be very careful, unless you specifically want a room that stinks of second-hand smoke, to specifically book a non-smoking room.

A result of this is that the corridors and the elevator often stank of smoke too. Not exactly a pleasant atmosphere even if you're only exposed to it between the room and the exit.

The room itself was reasonably comfortable and was kept clean but wasn't anything special- much the same as you would expect from any hotel at this price.

There was a pool but no waterslide nor was it supervised- which might be a concern for guests with young children.

The handle on the security door leading to the car-park was broken, in that unless the person opening the door with their key-card specifically pulled it back up again, the handle remained down and the door unlocked. I noticed several times during our stay that the door was left that way- basically unlocked and not secure.

More disturbing was that the internal fire doors were propped open for the duration of our stay. This was consistent on all floors and wasn't only when the rooms were being cleaned. This simply isn't acceptable as it's both unsafe and a breach of national fire code.

I stay in Regina regularly and will not be staying at the Chateau Regina again.

Room Tip: Be very, very careful to book a non-smoking room if you don't want one that stinks- otherwise st...
2  Thank An_Irishman_abroad

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review – we do appreciate all feedback here, good or bad, as we strive to provide the best value for our guests.It’s only with feedback such as yours that we can get better and better. So we appreciate you helping us improve.

We are reducing the inventory of smoking rooms by 12% by end of August 2014 we are also installing new exhaust system to address the smoke smell issue, but still we will have smoking room at our property.

I am not sure which door handle you referred to in your comment, I check all doors upon receiving your comments but found no issues with any lock, but I do apologies for any inconvenience you faced during your stay.

All of our fire doors are self closing and does close in event of fire. We are in fully compliance with local fire or swimming pool codes/ regulations.

Again, I thanks you for taking time to write detailed review of your stay.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

We arrived to find our room had not been cleaned - beds were made and clean, but there were used towels on the floor, no clean towels in the bathroom, and the floor was not vacuumed. The housekeeping worker who subsequently came to clean our room was so lovely and did a great job, but I feel we should have gotten a significant discount on our room cost. We were given a $10 discount - not satisfactory considering that the condition of the room when you walk in is one of the most powerful influences on your confidence in the cleanliness of the room.

1  Thank Carla S
Abdul S, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Dear guest,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review – we do appreciate all feedback, as we strive to provide the best value for our guests.

Please accept my apologies for issue with your room. I fully agreed that compensation was not enough for the inconvenience caused.

Please call me directly on 306-551-1389 or by email genmgr@chateaueginahotel.com to discuss this further.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks Again.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Stayed during Victoria day long weekend. Lots of kids in the hotel but our room was very well cleaned and maintained. Staff was friendly and helpful. Adequate parking and other amenities
Lounge and restaurant attached to hotel.

No issues whatsoever, will come again for sure

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Maria,

Thanks for the feedback. We’re committed to provide the best possible accommodation and service and your comments will help us to achieve this.

Your positive comments will be shared with all associates.

Hope to serve again in near future.