I was somewhat put off by earlier reviews of this property, but needed a place to stay in Regina on a night when there weren't many alternatives, so made the reservation with some trepidation. I was (somewhat) pleasantly surprised.
The hotel is old, and shows its age. The rooms are small, and the appointments are average at best. But it appears that the hotel has been taken over by a new group, possibly a family, and they seem to be trying to improve the results. The paint is new, as is the (plain) furniture. The parts of the hotel that I saw were clean. The staff was friendly enough, and generally reasonably prompt – not the best, not the worst I've experienced.
Their Internet was out, but it wasn't their fault. A delivery truck for Smitty's restaurant had brought down the phone line at the back of the structure, taking out phone and Internet for the whole street. The front desk didn't string me along, they told me the truth, and never made false promises. I appreciated that, even though it was irritating not having Internet access for a couple of hours. After that, it was fine.
Would I stay here again? Perhaps. If I were coming in to Regina from the east, and wanted someplace where it would be easy to get to the airport, then I might. This hotel is close to the Ring Road, a superhighway which drops you off south of the city, and pretty close to the airport. I made the trip during morning rush hour, which is pretty bad in Regina (from what I saw of it), but taking the Ring Road it only took me about 20 minutes.
I don't think I'd stay here except for utilitarian reasons – because it was convenient, for example. But it wasn't a bad stay, and there's a Smitty's restaurant right next door that you can get to without having to go outside.
All told, an OK stay in a not-glamourous, not fancy hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites has a new hotel experience ready for you. For the business traveler, it's a place to rest your head after a long day in one of our Executive Suites. For a romantic retreat, our jetted tub suites offer king-size comfort and relaxation in a two room suite. We also welcome long term stays in our Efficiency units, which are fully equipped with a microwave, fridge, cook top and all necessary cooking utensils. "At Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, we promise to deliver unparalleled excellence in hospitality at an affordable rate." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Regina Hotel Regina
- Chateau Regina Hotel And Suites
- Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites Saskatchewan