“Not impressed”

Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites
Ranked #30 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The only positive things I can say about the hotel: they have a washer and dryer, and free cookies everyday. That's it. The rooms they show on their website and on here are not a representation of most of their rooms. Yes the lobby has been redone to look nice. The room was barely bigger than our bed. You'd could only get into the bed on one said and there was no where to put our luggage. If you wanted to use a wall charger, which there was only one, you had to turn the heater off. Since it was -34F that was rather unpleasant to do. Thin, tiny old blankets, tiny pillows. It was one of the most pathetic beds I have seen in 26 countries. The blankets were so tired looking that they came off as dirty and I was quite reluctant to sleep there, but didn't have a choice. Very disappointing.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Abdul S, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Chateau Regina Hotel. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

I am somewhat surprised to read your comments regarding bedding. Since start of March 2014 we put new bedding in all of non smoking rooms and working our way to smoking rooms. All blankets have been replaced with new duvets. We also purchased new pillows to go with new bedding.
I would like you to experience the changes made since your last visit. Please contact me directly on 306-551-1389 when you plan your next visit to Regina.

Once again, my sincere apologies for uncomfortable stay with us.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I have stayed here a couple times. Very pleased! Staff are so friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean, spacious, comfortable and quiet. Beds are so comfy!! I had booked a room but due to unexpected circumstances I had to cancel, it was past the 24 hr. cancellation. Manager was so kind to grant the cancellation. Next time I needed a hotel room, I knew exactly where I was booking. Thanks to the Chateau Regina staff for making my stay very pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Abdul S, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay at Chateau Regina Hotel.
We appreciate your feedback and I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your positive comments regarding hotel staffs and Manager will be shared with everyone.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Thanks Again.

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

When we first pulled into the parking lot I was a bit worried because the place looked pretty run down. Definitely didn't match the photos I saw of the inside of the property. We stayed in a spa suite which was very nice. You can tell they have combined two rooms into one through renos but they did a good job. As you enter there was a big corner jetted tub in the "living room" with desk, couch, chair, mini fridge and tv. Through a set of French doors is the bedroom with a king size bed and washroom. The vanity and toilet both seem new however the shower area was for lack of a better word "icky looking" small square tiles with stained grout anywhere just isn't appealing at all. Shower area in bathroom definitely needs an update to become even remotely appealing and match the rest of the room. Bed and pillows were very comfortable!! And there was another tv in the bedroom area. Besides the shower update, the only other issue I had were the lack of working outlets in the room. You could feel the freezing cold air from outside coming through them.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks you very much for taking time to write online review for your stay ay our property.
I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I have noted your suggestion in regards to upgrading shower area. I have also spoken with Housekeeping Department regarding non-functional outlets. I am assured by Housekeeping Manager that room attendants will check each outlet before releasing the room to sell.
I do apologies for the inconvenience you faced.

I look forward to welcome you back in near future.

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Comfortable room, comfortable bed, clean and spacious, very good location, friendly staff, pool is great, gym, and restaurant serves a very good food! Really liked to stay here and will be definitely come back, if I'm back in Regina... A++

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Matbonf
Abdul S, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Chateau Regina Hotel. We truly value the opinions. I am very pleased to know that our associates provided friendly service during your stay and you found rooms to be clean. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission.

We look forward to serving you for many years to come.

Thanks Again.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

We initially booked for 1 night and then we extended it for two more nights. I'm new to the city as I moved from another province, but the staff made me feel very welcome and comfortable. We were given a room, but it was really cold, so when we spoke to the manager, he offered us to move to a suite as a complimentary and that was really nice of them to do so.
The rooms are clean and very inviting, I had a very good hotel sleep compared to other hotels I have stayed in the past. Not noisy at all given the location. If I ever need to stay in a hotel in this city, I will definitely come back! :)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review – we do appreciate all feedback, as we strive to provide the best value for our guests.

We’re committed to provide the best possible accommodation and service to our customers.
I am very pleased to know that you find staff friendly, helpful and rooms clean.

Your positive comments are shared with all associates.

Thank again, and hope to serve you again in near future.

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Clean and comfortable bed but a bit noisy. When we got in the room it was way to hot. Someone had turned the heat up all the way. It took a couple of hours to get it cooled off to where I could sleep. Locks on the windows were broken and this room was on the main floor so it could easily get broke into.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Abdul S, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Ian,

We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that your experience problem with room temperature and broken window locks.

I have addressed both issues with my Housekeeping and Maintenance Managers. It’s only with feedback such as yours that we can get better and better. So we appreciate you helping us improve.

We look forward to seeing you in near future.

Abdul Sami

Reviewed January 14, 2014

This is my third stay here. The rooms are clean and inviting. Nice touch with the towels - felt like I was in a Mexican resort. Beds are so comfy I had my best hotel sleep ever. - quiet too. Definitely.will be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan R

Dear Susan,

I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Abdul Sami