“good experience”

Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites
Ranked #30 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Hotel staff very nice, they try their best. We had good room where everything was working. We had two double beds. They charged us correctly according to our booking. We used shared kitchen and were satisfied with cleanles and all appliancies working. close to public transport, 15 minutes walk to big shopping plaza.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Abdul S, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. I am glad that you like our hotel and service from our associates.

We hope to serve you again in near future.

Thanks Again,

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel before and have had a satisfactory experience so on the occasion of our daughters wedding decided to stay there again along with my brother from England. We booked 2 rooms for 4 nights at $119.00 per room per night. When checking out we discovered we were charged 119 for 2 nights then 149 for 1 night and 129 for another night per room. When we protested this and the fact we were never informed of this change on the website, on the phone when booking or at check in we were told "we don't tell you anything" by the duty manager. We did not recieve our breakfast vouchers (2 per room per night), only given 4 at departure as a dismissal. I have e-mailed the hotel and have recieved no response for 3 days now its time to let people know the truth.
Yes it was a Rider game weekend but there is no excuse for jacking rates without informing your guests.
Hotel has deteriorated since our last stay.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Andrew L

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Chateau Regina Hotel. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

Please accept my personal apology for mix up with your room rate. You mentioned in your comments that you have sent email to hotel prior writing this comments. I am not sure which email address was used as I certainly did not receive any mail. I am more then happy to look into issues you experienced. Please contact me directly on genmgr@chateaureginahotel.com or by phone 306-551-1389 to provide me more details.

It is my goal to restore your confidence in our company by solving this problem and preventing it from happening again.

Thank You and hope to be in touch with you soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was not impressed with this hotel. The photos did not match the actual conditions. I had a single room with one queen sized bed. The room was cramped, dark, and stuffy. Key card access for the secondary entrances would have made staying at the end of the hall beside the exit door more comfortable. The two machines in the fitness centre were both in need of repair. The pool was nice, the hot tub needed to be cleaned. On the up side, the hotel room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are probably quieter and safer.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Abdul S, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the feedback. We’re committed to provide the best possible accommodation and service and your comments will help us to achieve this.

I fully agreed with you that our room looks dated. I am happy to inform you that we have started to upgrade our guestrooms. We plan to complete upgrading by end of 2013.

Maintenance department repaired both the machines in fitness centre. Please accept my apologies for less then satisfactory experience.

We hope to serve you again in near future.

Thanks again,

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Sales Manager and the Front Desk staff were horrible..not at all personable or helpful. Not recommended to stay during a Rider Game Day,as their hotel policies are ever changing to suit themselves. I was told one thing by the companies central reservation desk (over the phone not web) and after driving a number of hours only to find something totally different. SHAME ON YOU CHATEAU REGINA. As I told the sales manager I won't be recommending them to anyone and I work for a travel company. Sorry for your loss to the company chain...as this review affects you as a whole.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sue A
Abdul S, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Guest

I defiantly need more details to investigate your complain. I would like to know what was told to you over the phone which was either not available or was different? I spoke with my Sales Manager, he is not sure about the issue as he was dealing with many guests on that day. Please note that our hotel does not have any central reservation office, all calls are handled at the front desk. Our room rates are changed according to the business levels in the city. This Practice is very normal in hospitality industry.

Please call me on 306-551-1389 or email me on genmgr@chateaureginahotel.com I will be more than happy to be in touch with you to resolve this issue.

Again, we are really sorry for your bad experience with us.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Unless you don't mind a little paint flaking off the walls, or not being able to open a window for fresh air because the A/C doesn't work or the fact that there is a sign in the parking lot that says "Park at your own risk", This might not be the place to stay. I personally will never stay here again.

1  Thank Michelle S

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review – we do appreciate all feedback, as we strive to provide the best value for our guests.

The hotel is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable. I have addressed the issues with room AC and paint with my Maintenance Manager and Executive Housekeeper and we have taken steps to ensure that all issues in the rooms are fixed before the rooms are allocated to guests.

"Park at your risk" sign is there to let the guests know that they should not leave valuables in the car. We have open parking lot and currently it's not possible for us to monitor the lot 24 hours a day.

Again, we are really sorry for your bad experience with us and hope, you will give us a chance to offer you a level of service desired by you. You can contact me at 306-551-1389 whenever you plan your next visit to Regina.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had booked this hotel at the last minute and were looking for a fun getaway so we chose the family suite. The children were VERY excited to go swimming and to check out our room with a separate suite with bunkbeds. Well we got there and were informed that there was a leak in the family suite so we would be moved to a king bed room. I made sure to get a room with a pull out so the kids still had somewhere to sleep, but it would have been nice to have been offered a discount for not getting the room we booked. In all the kerfuffle, the fellow forgot to give us the breakfast vouchers, but when I asked about them at checkout, they gave me $11.33 off the room rate in lieu of breakfast.
The beds were comfortable though we did need extra linens. There were lots of comfy pillows but then did need extra towels (only 2 in the room to start). The pool was warm enough but not huge. We enjoyed it and the hot tub. Everything was clean from front lobby to our room and the pool. Check out went smoothly. Parking was plentiful but we made sure to get a parking spot near the front of the building (behind looked a little more sketchy and just not as well lit).
We would probably stay here again, it was easy to find from the #1 highway.

Room Tip: The king suite had a pull out sofa in a separate room, but make sure to ask for one with a pull out...
1  Thank Aquae

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Chateau Regina Hotel. We truly value the opinions of our customers.

I am very sorry to know that room type you booked was not available upon check in time. I fully understand disappointment of your family. Please contact me directly at genmgr@chateaureginahotel.com to provide me more details.

I am happy to know that rest of your stay was comfortable.

We look forward to seeing you in near future.

Thanks Again,

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel is horrible. Really stained and dirty carpet in the halls. The bed in our room was a double roll-away that was slanted so my husband almost rolled off. When he sat on the end of the bed to put shoes on the other end lifted right off the floor. They charge an additional $25.00! for pets, the highest rate I have ever seen anywhere. The $6 breakfast voucher is a joke as the least expensive breakfast on the menu at Smitty's is about $12. Would not recommend this place to anyone. It ended up being one of the most expensive places we stayed on a 25 day round-trip from Alberta to Ontario and one of the worst. Yuck!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Chris2235

Dear Guest,

I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. It appears that we definitely failed when it comes to housekeeping. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue in the room you occupied. In addition, we are re-evaluating our inspection processes to ensure these type of issues do not occur in the future.

$6 breakfast at Smitty's includes Coffee, two eggs cooked any style with choice of two pancakes or toast and hash browns. This breakfast combo is very popular among our guests. I am sorry that you saw no value in these items.

$25 pet fee is one on lowest in the city. We regularly compare our pet charges with other hotels, in Regina pet charges ranges from $25 to $45 per stay.

Again, we are terribly sorry that your first experience with Chateau Regina was not a good one, but invite you to give us another try. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience

Thanks