“Very Enjoyable Stay”
Review of Dragon's Nest B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Regina
Dragon's Nest B&B
Ranked #1 of 8 Regina B&B and Inns
calgary
“Very Enjoyable Stay”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were in Regina for my son's wedding and chose to stay at the Dragon's Nest. We were more than pleased with the accommodations. My husband and I stayed in the Love's Nest. My sister and her husband had the Serenity Suite. There was a very comfortable "common area" which we shared. It had all the comforts of home (large flat screen TV, dishes, wine glasses, microwave, sink, popcorn, snack, etc). We each had a private bathroom and our rooms were very comfortable. Even with the excitement of the wedding, we slept very well. My son's stayed on the lower level. Again two rooms with private baths, laundry room, common area, etc.
The backyard is lovely with shaded areas, a pond and hot tub. Rick made us a wonderful breakfast each morning and he was more than happy to share information about Regina and answer any questions we had. It was a lovely stress free stay. I hope to return again in the future.

Room Tip: The top floor and bottom floor have private bathrooms. If you don't mind sharing a bathroom the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CalgaryLovetotravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I called approximately a month and a half in advance to the night I needed to stay because all the other hotels in the area were sold out. I was to stay at this b&b at the end of August and the man called me to confirm my room the end of last week, at which time I told him there's a slight chance my plans may be changing but I would call him back Tuesday afternoon at the very latest (3 days later) to confirm everything. Tuesday morning I had a missed call and new voicemail, I check my voicemail and its from the man at the b&b that I had talked to a few days before telling me that he wanted to let me know he went ahead and cancelled my reservation because someone else called and wanted the room, so since they were 100% coming he just cancelled my booking.

I was going to call him as soon as I was done work that day to tell him that I do in fact need the room I had booked. So now I am 3 weeks from my cross Canada road trip without a place to stay when I'm overnight in Regina.

I'm so disgusted with the service and the fact that the owner thinks its perfectly acceptable to go against our arrangement of me calling him later that day to confirm, so instead he just cancels it and actually had the audacity to wish me luck finding somewhere else to stay.

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Kelseyfculver
2200Angus, General Manager at Dragon's Nest B&B, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
She forgets to mention our cancellation policy and what is required to secure one of our rooms or the fact that we offered alternative accommodations in an attempt to suit her late travel changes.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed there 2 nights during my first time ever visit to Regina. It is located in the cathedral village area which is close to pretty much everything (only a 10 minute walk to the Legislative Building). The house has its own characters that make it distinguishable from other B&Bs you don't even remeber what their names are.The owners Rick and Denise are Feng Shui specialists who have put a lot of efforts into applying Feng Shui elements on the design of the house and maintaning the B&B at the highest comfort level for the guests (in short, a good Feng Shui themed B&B). Rick is an unbelievable cook and very knowledgable about major attractions and restaurants in Regina. Dragon's Nest is the epitome of a good B&B: unique character, clean rooms, tasty breakfast, and an unforgettable experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank CD92WTR
Regina, Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the Dragon's nest for 5 nights after relocating to Regina. Both of the owners are wonderful hosts who enjoy having their guests around and it shows. The building has a wonderful character, all rooms and bathrooms are exceptionally clean. Breakfast were amazing and different each morning. They also have a wonderful outside patio with a hot tub so you wouldn't be limited only to your room like in most B&B's. Denise & Rick went far beyond the capacity of a B&B establishment with their hospitality. It was the best possible start of our stay in Regina. We would truly recommend this place to stay for our friends and family.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zuzana R
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I recommend Dragon's Nest B&B to everyone, a fantastic place to stay in Regina, has common living areas to go with the suites and suites with ensuite, very very clean, great hosts, great breakfasts, feels like home.

Once you have been at Dragon's Nest you will look for B & B's instead of hotels. I spent 5 nights at Dragons Nest and loved it.

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank martens99
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night and it was gorgeous! From welcome to leaving everthing was perfect! The hosts are very affectionate and want the best for their guests. Every room is new renovated and creative designed. The whole house was very clean and the hosts decided for a high level of quality (food, tea's, shampoo, tissues even toilet paper). The breakfast was delicious and lovingly prepared. All in all it was the best accomodation we ever had on our round trip (since 2 months) and we highly recommend this b&b to everybody

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Klara L
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I chose to stay here because they had great prices on rooms that shared a bathroom. I also found the place clean which is nice and conveniently located. The food was tasty! However...pictures can be deceiving.

-The home is old and an attempt to remodel has been made but looks like homeowner/handyman quality.
-The old radiant heat was hard to control and you locked your room on the outside with a padlock.
-My towels smelled stale, kind of like grandma's house.
-I would suspect due to the age of the home, my allergies acted up for typical old home reasons.
-I would also expect hosts to dress appropriately (not a stained white T-Shirt all weekend).
-A colleague of mine left his coat there the same weekend and when calling about it the following Monday, He was met with rude remarks as a result...not sure why.

If I had too, I would stay here again because it was clean and had good prices, but the old home and hokey quality of the renovations is not my style.

Room Tip: Wisdom and Wealth rooms share a bathroom down the hall. Street parking is limited and there is limit...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo