“Best sashimi from SK to ON”
Review of Michi Japanese Restaurant - CLOSED

Michi Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Excellent sashimi. Fresh wild pacific salmon. Everywhere else is farmed Atlantic. The tuna is as good as the salmon. The slices are usually very thick so I always ask for them to be cut thinner than their usual and my request has always been accommodated. Good prices, great food. The prawn tempura is also excellent - crisp, hot, tasty, not greasy. My husband loves the unagi don and even though it's not on the menu any longer, they will make it for him when he orders it. The sushi is very nice.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Nothing but mediocrity all around. From ambiance to service to decor, exception would be the food. It was better than average but over-priced.

Service really needs help. More smiles and more clear communication. Our waitress just mumbled everything and was barely audible, and this had nothing to do with a language barrier or anything along those lines, more the attitude.

Please save the moolah and enjoy your time and palate somewhere else. Trust me!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Have visited Michi twice already. Once was on a weekday and the other on a weekend. It's quieter on a weekend, but the atmosphere is still very pleasant. It's not a very large setting, altho' on a quiet visit you are offered the room, which is set up like a traditional Japanese setting. There is a different range of menu items to try, I recommend the Udon soup and the lunch special for the month of May, as well the sushi plate B. Well I hope to try everything there! The service is quick and friendly. The food is very good, very delicious and fresh. Very worthwhile for good sushi in the city. There is also a take-out menu worth checking out.

1  Thank Yasmin W
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Excellent sushi even on a cold day! Since there were only 2 of us, we didn't get into the tatami room- that would be cool for a group. Our server was friendly. We shared a platter, which was more than enough for the 2 of us. Definitely one of the best sushi I've had.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I am a sushi lover, so I tried this place, the food is good, the sushi quality is very acceptable, but the portions are really small, also the price I paid was too high for a regular dinner. The waitress seemed to be distracted and the bill had some errors, not sure I would return there.

1  Thank Edu B