“Great Food!” 4 of 5 bubbles

East Side Mario's
Ranked #26 of 561 Restaurants in Regina
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Victoria Avenue East
Description: Hey Budda Boom Budda Bing! We are the Home of All-You-Can-Eat soup or salad and garlic home loaf and offer delicious Italian meals at great value. At East Side Mario’s your family is our family and we are committed to deliver Amore in everything we do!
“Great Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

There is a good selection and a variety of meals t o choose from, whether you want your own meal, or one to share with friends!

• Visited May 2014

Regina, Canada
“Our go to place.....hasn't let us down yet!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Whenever we can't think of where we want to go out to eat, or just want great food....and "LOTS" of it....we always seem to end up back at East Side. We went for lunch, at 11:30, obviously a great time to go, we got right in, 30 min. later, there was a huge line up. We love the all you can eat bread and Caesar salad, only problem, is usually by the time our main course comes, we are too full to eat it...I guess that's why they invented "Doggie bags". Service is always good, our waitress was bubbly and fun! I highly recommend the Veal or Chicken Parmesan, both are amazing. The Raspberry Sangria, not only is delicious, it's only 5 bucks. And this time we tried the "boomers" and were pleasantly surprised. So light and delicious! We have eaten here probably 30 times over the years, and only once had to send something back, the ribs were so over cooked. But normally, great food and lots of it!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank itsallgood-14
Regina, SK, Canada
“Very good food, but not a lot of it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Okay, we know ESM's is noisy. I'll get that out of the way first thing. If you have hearing problems, this is the last place you want to go. But, barring that, I've always had a good meal with LOTS of food. But, I've only been here for supper. This was my first time for a lunch, and I have to say, I was a little disappointed.

First off, I asked for de-caf coffee and was told all they have is instant. THEY DON'T HAVE REAL DE-CAF COFFEE. I couldn't believe it! An upscale restaurant that doesn't have de-caf? Almost unheard of in this day and age. But, the waitress explained all they have is an industrial sized coffee maker, and it only makes regular coffee. So be it. I had water.

Then came choosing our food. We both thought the Linguini Chicken Tettrazini, ("tons" of chicken, according to the menu), sounded good. Then, the server asked if we wanted it baked with cheese. Now, I know this costs more, (although she never mentioned that fact), but, we both thought we'd try it. I know I expected it would be served in a piping hot casserole with a nice, crispy-on-top-gooey-underneath cheese topping. What a disappointment! All they had done was melt some cheese on top of the linguine. As for there being 'tons' of chicken, well, I'd have to speculate that most of my chicken must have flown onto someone else's plate. I was also disappointed with the serving size, as it was decidedly on the chintzy side, even for a lunch entree. And, not one piece of bread to help fill the void. The food itself was quite good, but, honestly, it wasn't very hot -certainly not the blistering hot one expects from a 'baked' dish. What does get a 'very good' rating from me is the service. As busy as it was, our server was right on top of things.

So, my recommendation - if you want a good meal, with 'tons' of extras, go here for supper. If you aren't very hungry, then go for lunch.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Italian Goodness”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

The menu is very Italian as one would expect, but not all pasta and bread (carbs). Had a fabulous spinach, mozza cheese and sliced tomato appetizer that was delicious, even more so when you figured out that the tomatoes and cheese needs to be cut and well-stirred to get more frequent bite fulls of the amazing flavours of herbs and olive oil/balsamic dressing. Service and atmosphere was friendly.

• Visited February 2014
London
“Good food but not great value for money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

The food is good and the service is good but it is a bit pricey for pasta. I do like going there every once in a while though.

Visited September 2013