“cross country trip”

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Prince Albert

Reviewed August 31, 2012

All I can say is WOW! If you are here to visit your loved one in the Provincial Prison...then this is your place!! Great view of the barbed wire fences.....guard towers...and if you are reeeeally lucky you can watch a friendly game of basketball during their "yard time"....AND yes, the police make regular visits so there is no need to feel unsafe. Why didn't they call this Conjugal Palace or something??? I mean really, the pool is full of screaming little criminals in training and their tattooed mommas are sometimes found in the area...usually smoking cigarettes in the parking lot and blowing kisses toward the jail. You know what..maybe they should open a Bingo Hall attached and forget the swimming pool. NOPE...not gonna come back to this one.

Room Tip: Try picking a room on the east side above the second floor......great view of the prison yard from t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank R W
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Booked this hotel for a wedding in town. We brought our granddaughter with us so we wanted a pool and slide. Also we're Wyndham members. We got what we booked for in our room unlike last time we were here. We got our 2 beds plus there was a fridge and microwave in the room; which we both used. Room was clean except for the air conditioner/heater grates. Could use a cleaning. Breakfast has 2 waffle machines which cuts down on lineups. Lots of the brides family were in this hotel; saw them at the pool. Stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank njamesb
Reviewed March 5, 2012

This hotel was so bad I almost had to laugh. At check-in, the key-cards were not programmed correctly. I was at the door of my room loaded down and unable to get in. The key-cards didn't even have directional arrows to show which why they went it so it took awhile to decide that it was the card and that I wasn't an idiot.

I don't know who they got to paint this place but their poor attitude was evident as every roller stroke hit the carpet. Come on; everyone makes an occasional error but EVERY stroke? In our bathroom, the guy who put up the towel racks marked the wall with pencil to get it straight and the line is still there. This hotel is relatively new but you'd think in the few years it's been there, a maid would have made some attempt to clean it. No. The floors were filthy, the walls beaten, it was a mess. Management mustn't care about their image at all.

Room Tip: Choose an even numbered room so you don't have a view of the prison (instead you'll be able...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
14  Thank shabadoux
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Have stayed at this hotel twice. Forgot on the second trip that I said I would never stay here again. The hotel sits across from a Provincial Correctional Centre. In my experience the hotel is full of women and their many children (largely unsupervised) that come to visit their male conterparts in jail. Quiet times were never recognized and many children ran wild in this hotel. The pool is crowded with children - again no supervision from adults or parents. Had to pull my daughter from the pool because there were boys slapping her butt and trying to pull off her top. This happened on both occasions. When I asked the front desk about all the children running around - response was that I need to tolerate this more. Are you kidding me? I paid to come to this hotel to sleep, and not be kept awake all night.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
12  Thank JJ77155043
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Stayed here with the kids while visiting family in town. The hotel was clean, free breakfast was good, the only thing was the pool. It could get too busy, full of kids but I can say that I was impressed when the hotel would watch the pool for any unaccompanied kids. If they didn't have an adult with them in the pool area, the kids could not be in the pool. That helped to keep the numbers down.
We would stay here again when visiting Prince Albert.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank TheFortTravels
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Booked 2 rooms 2 months in advance. Called the morning of check in and was told they were full the night before but we could get checked in at 1:00, showed at 1:20 and unpacked for the 7 of us. Rooms not read, went to wedding and returned at 3:05pm, rooms still not ready even though normal check in is 3:00pm. Did not care the 7 of us were from out of the country, asked us to return in an hour. Finally they allowed us to set up in the brkfst room until our room was ready. Our 1st room was finally ready at 4:15 pm, 2nd room not ready until 5:30 pm. Our room still had coffee cups and coffee in the maker, the bathroom smelled like urine. Even more frustrating was being able to see all of the help in the breakroom both times we were told the rooms were not ready.In the a.m. the pool was so packed with kids and no supervision. I think they just come from the prison that is right next door.

Room Tip: look for a different hotel. The personnel working there really don't care about you.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family