“Excellent staff!”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Prince Albert
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Excellent staff!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My daughters hockey team stayed the weekend and we were blown away by how accommodating, friendly and professional the staff was! The team sports menu was wonderful and the manager even came to watch the girls play! The hotel is dated, but clean...I have stayed at a lot of hotels with hockey and can honestly say that we have never been treated so well!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Tracy W
PA_Travelodge, Manager at Travelodge Prince Albert, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Your comments about our property are greatly appreciated. The staff work very hard to make sure that teams have a "home" at our hotel during a tournament. We appreciate that your team was well organized and gave us the tools to make sure the hockey weekend was a good one.
We trust you will visit again should you be in the neighbourhood.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sherwood Park, Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My daughters's hockey team recently stayed at the Travelodge in PA. Yes our room was a bit dated, but they were clean and everything worked.
My kudos go to the manager and her staff as they were absolutley fantastic! The manager went out of her way to make sure everything was perfect for the team! She even came to watch the girls when they played in the gold medal game!
I would stay there gain in a heartbeat!
Thanks again for a great weekend!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Andrew L
A big Thank You for your remarks about our property and our staff. Your team and the parents were great hotel guests. The staff work hard at going the mile for teams in tournaments. We hope the rest of your season is a "winning" one and that you will return to the tournament next year.
North Bay, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had to travel from a northern community and I got in kind of late, but the staff was still very cheerful and friendly for that time of night. Once I got up to my room, I realized that I had forgotten my iPhone charger (my battery was at 13%). What's a girl to do?!?!?!? I figured "well, they SAY that if you forget something, just ask the front desk." So I went downstairs wondering how likely it would be that they had an iPhone charger...and they DID!! The lady pulled one out of a drawer!! Best customer service ever, and they delivered on their promise. No false advertising here!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Cassandra1986
Thank you for your accolades about our staff. They do their very best to accommodate our guests needs. We appreciate that you took time to express your thoughts on our property. We look forward to your next visit!
Prince Albert, Canada
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I'm not sure if sleeping on the street would be that much worse than staying here! This place is a dive! I thought I was going to fall right through the bathtub while showering. I cannot imagine what a worse hotel would be like. The staff at the front desk and at the restaurant were the highlights of the four night from hell stay!

Room Tip: Get a room at a homeless shelter before you stay here!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LGVEGAS
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed August 8, 2013

we recently stayed with a group and you wont find a friendlier or more accommodating staff anywhere! they went above and beyond making sure that we were all comfortable and enjoying our stay. we had so many great laughs with our group (adults and teenagers!) and much of it was due to the thoughtfulness of Mona and her team - supplying us every night with one of their banquet rooms so that we would all have a place to gather and socialize. we would definitely stay here again. a big "thank you" to everyone at Travelodge!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank luvthesun1011
Reviewed August 7, 2013

If you are travelling with a group you will not service anymore hospitality anywhere else!!! We just came back from staying there with a ball team and the staff here will do everything humanly possible to make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable!! From arranging team dinners and odd hour team breakfasts, giving you areas for group meetings and socials and almost any other request you need! These people do it all for you with a smile. All staff are friendly and accommodating to the point one came to cheer our kids on at Westerns!! Can not say enough about the service you will received from this hotel!!! Amazing people who love their jobs!! I thank you for making us feel like we were at home!!! Would definitely stay again!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Freezy5
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We had reserved several rooms for a business trip to PA. Entering the hotel we were greeted by very friendly staff. Walking down the corridor, my nostrils were assaulted by the stench of old cigarettes smoke and sweat. I should of walked out right then but was travelling with coworkers who had done the booking. Rooms were dirty. Sticky glass rings on desk, window ledges covered with dust and dead bugs, the list goes on. Again I should of left but the company was paying for the room and we were exhausted. The next morning I found out a member of the group had woken up to find bedbugs crawling all over the bed. Her arms and legs were covered in bites. Staff were nice enough to comp her room but didn't seem too surprised when she called down. She threw out most of her luggage to avoid any tag alongs. Never again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Puddle Jumper M
PA_Travelodge, Manager at Travelodge Prince Albert, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
We would like to apologize to you and your co-worker for the issues you encountered at our hotel. We were completely taken aback at the situation with your co-worker as we have our rooms professionally inspected and that room had just been done. We did not charge your company for that room as her comments to us were valid and needed further investigation by our Professional Inspection Company. Our Head Housekeeper is aware of your remarks and is working with our staff to ensure that situation does not occur again.

If there is anything further we can do, please contact us directly at the hotel.