“Convenience for attending WHL games” 4 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN Marquis Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Prince Albert
GreenLeadersBronze level
Edmonton, Canada
“Convenience for attending WHL games”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

As always the staff and service at Prince Albert's Marquis Inn are good. The rooms have been updated and noise levels remain very low despite high volumes of guests/teams staying at the property. Very convenient for attending WHL games at the Art Hauser Centre two blocks away.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

2 Thank Roy S
Faizan H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Marquis Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Roy S,

Thank you for the pleasant review! I am happy to hear that you had a great stay with us in your recent trip to Prince Albert. I appreciate your acknowledgement in our recent renovations. We have spent a lot of time and effort in upgrading the rooms. I hope to see you again at our property.

Happy Holidays!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Although the front desk is very courteous and outgoing the cleanliness of this hotel is repulsive. Even after bringing the lack of cleanliness to the attention of the front desk staff and them apologizing and having my room "cleaned top to bottom" while I was out for the day, I returned to find the same sticky food like stains on the television consul, hairs in the bathtub and the floors appearing to have not seen a vacuum in months. As a person who travels Western Canada on a frequent basis and stays in hotels 2-4 nights/week I have to say this is one of the most disgusting hotels I've stayed in.

This hotel is long overdue for a make-over and serious renovation, I'm sorry to say this but hope I can help others not make the same mistake I made.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Prairie T
Faizan H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Marquis Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Prairie T,

I would like to apologize to you on behalf of our entire team. The cleanliness of our hotel is of the utmost importance to us. I will be speaking with our housekeeping manager to figure out why your room was not clean to our standards after you had lodged a complaint with out front desk. This is something that is unacceptable at our hotel and rests assure that I will be getting to the source of this problem.

I understand that you are a frequent traveller and stay with our brand on your trips. I appreciate your loyalty to our brand and I would like to make this right. Please contact me directly at 306-922-9595 extension 304.
Flin Flon, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

When i made the reservation and held a certain room for late arrival, i was surprised to find out they gave my room away earlier in the day. The room i was given was not the one i reserved, the front desk agent tried but could not find us the same kind of room so we took one that did not have the right options i ha booked. The next day we went away for 12 hours and came back later that evening and found the door to our room wedged open. I let the front desk know but heard nothing from them. When we returned home i phone the hotel and left a message with the general manager and its been a week and no one has phoned to hear my concerns. Do they care what people think, it does not look like it to me.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Derald G
Deraid G,

On behalf of our entire management team I would like to apologize to you for the substandard service you were given. We pride ourselves in providing superior customer service to our valuable guest.

This is by no means acceptable to my staff and I. I will be speaking with our front desk team and the management staff to figure out why your complaint was not dealt in the proper manner. Your call should have been returned to you in a timely fashion, please understand that we are currently going through some management changes.

Nonetheless, I would like to resolve this problem. Please contact me at 306-922-9595 extension 304 so that we may further discuss your recent stay and figure out how we can bring you back to our property.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I am writing this for my husband who was greatly satisfied with this hotel. As he arrived late he was greeted by a young gentlemen who was very helpful , went straight to the room to get a good rest as it was late. The beds were comfy , room was clean very satisfied. Woke up in the morning to go have some breakfast and my waitress Kristena notified him of the free breakfast as a guest of the hotel which was very nice of her , and got excellent service from her as well , the next morning his waitress was Brittney who was also very nice. He said this hotel is great all in all , the staff there were all so nice and pleasant as they met in halls the ora there seemed so positive which was awesome to see. Definatly recommend it to anyone looking for a hotel to stay in Prince Albert you will not regret your choice staying here.

4 Thank Lucy H
FaizGMSASK, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Marquis Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 17, 2015
Dear Lucy H,

Thank you for the positive feedback! Glad your husband had such a great stay. We hope to see the both of you on your next travels to Prince Albert!
Prince Albert, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

When we stayed there, the staff was very friendly. The room was clean, comfortable and warm. The temperature controller on the heater was easy to use. Very nice décor. The fridge was a good size to put in water bottles and snack foods. The tv and cable was easy to use and lots of channels to choose from.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank Eunice N
Dear Eunice N,

I am glad to hear you had a good stay at our hotel. We have done lots of renovations and I think our hotel looks amazing. Hope to see you again!
Airdrie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

At 120 nights a year fro 8 years this is the best hotel I have stayed at. Great rooms ,excellent décor, 46 inch TVs , Digital cable, FREE restaurant breakfast, and excellent staff and clean as a whistle. It is worth the experience Tks BW prince Albert Look forward to my next visit.

2 Thank Don Z
Dear Don Z,

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a positive review. We enjoy your loyalty to our hotel and the Best Western brand. You are always a joy to have. See you soon Don.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is a cheap hotel but the smell, staff and cleanliness of the room have made me change my choice of hotels in PA. Do yourself a favor and save some money by staying at the super 8 on the south entrance to PA.

Ryan P,

I am sorry to hear that you had such an unpleasant stay at our property in your recent visit to Prince Albert. I assure you that we do not have any sort of awful order at our property. We work very hard with our housekeeping team to make sure that we deliver the cleanest product to our valuable guests.

I believe there might have been some other short falls by our team that made your stay such a negative one and I would like to fix it. We appreciate your business with our hotel and I would sincerely like to make this better. Please contact me directly at 306-922-9595 extension 304, so that we can further discuss your stay and find a solution.