“Not worth the money”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Saskatoon, Canada
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is a cheap hotel but the smell, staff and cleanliness of the room have made me change my choice of hotels in PA. Do yourself a favor and save some money by staying at the super 8 on the south entrance to PA.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Faizan H, Manager at Best Western Marquis Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Ryan P,

I am sorry to hear that you had such an unpleasant stay at our property in your recent visit to Prince Albert. I assure you that we do not have any sort of awful order at our property. We work very hard with our housekeeping team to make sure that we deliver the cleanest product to our valuable guests.

I believe there might have been some other short falls by our team that made your stay such a negative one and I would like to fix it. We appreciate your business with our hotel and I would sincerely like to make this better. Please contact me directly at 306-922-9595 extension 304, so that we can further discuss your stay and find a solution.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for one night and were pleased with the accommodations.

I forgot my iPad and didn't get their message until after my plane had landed. They couriered it to me and I received it the next day.

Thanks the Brenda for her top-shelf service!!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Marscomplex
FaizGMSASK, General Manager at Best Western Marquis Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 17, 2015
Dear Marscomplex,

If I had lost my IPAD, I think I would have lost my mind! We understand how important these devices are to their users. I am glad we were able to send it in a quick manor. I hope to see you again at our hotel.
Regina
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed one night at the Best Western Marquis Hotel in Prince Albert. The front desk staff was very friendly and efficient. Our room was spacious and very clean. We slept well, but were awakened during the night by loud swearing by someone on the parking lot below our room. This hotel does have a bar and so this could be the reason for the noise. The hotel provide a full breakfast and it was very good with good service from the waitress. Check out went very quickly. Except for parking lot noise, it was a very good stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Wayne W
Dear Wayne W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I can understand how frustrating it must be when there are people causing noise outside your room. I have brought on full time security at our hotel so that such issues do no arise again. I hope that you stay with us again in your visits to Prince Albert.
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This hotel was pretty average as far as hotels go. The rooms were decorated nicely and of average size. My TV remote annoyed me - not sure if it was me or if it was flaky. Internet worked great. There is a free breakfast that comes with the room - eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, toast and coffee. Pretty yummy. My biggest issue was the thinness of the walls. I could hear both rooms on either side voiding their bladders which I did not want to hear. One set of neighbours stayed up very late night jabbering one night and then they were up before 530 am up jabbering, so needless to say, I was up that morning when I wanted to sleep much longer. so bring ear plugs! Conference facilities were okay.

Room Tip: ask if all the rooms have thin walls? bring ear plugs!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank BC_CanadaWx_chick
Dear BC CanadaWx,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on your recent stay. I will be taking back your comments to my management team and see if we can do anything to curb these kind of issues.I hope to see you again at our hotel.
Regina, Canada
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We found the room to be clean, comfortable and very nice. The breakfast offered was okay, but we do not like the hash browns served - they are like french fries but not quite. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel was not noisy and we were able to sleep at night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

3 Thank Dana B
Dear Dana B,

Glad to hear you had a great stay at our hotel. We hope to see you again in your future travels to Prince Albert.
Airdrie
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Excellent staff. As a Diamond I always get upgraded. Excellent TV with big TV's and digital cable which makes it very nice. Free brekfast in the restraunt which I fell very nice of the hotel to offer that. They make sure you are looked after.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

4 Thank Don Z
Airdrie, Canada
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is an excellent hotel. The staff are always friendly and helpful and make you feel welcome the moment they say Hi. The rooms are big and spacious and the beds are comfortable. The attached casino lets go and spend a few bucks and kill some time if needed. The restaurant is solid as well. I have stayed at many places in Camrose and this is by far the best bang for your buck. Make sure youcheck out bestwestern.com as the cheapest rate is always available there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business