“all workers were hospitable kind and helpful”

Ramada Prince Albert
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Prince Albert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Prince Albert, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I booked the kids into the Ramada in Prince Albert for their wedding night & the night after. I booked it under their name & they asked for my credit card # to secure the room. I give them my Virtual visa debit card # and they say ok, thanks you..I ask don’t you want my name for the card and they say no, they’re not going to need to use it. The morning that the kids were to check out I see there has been a withdrawal out of my account for $504.80. When the kids get home I ask for the receipt and when I check it, it shows visa billing of $404.80. I phone the Ramada and am told the extra $100.00 was for a security deposit and it will be returned within 3 days. I tell them I would like some documentation that shows they owe me the $100.00 and I am told that they don’t have anything that will show that. I ask for the manager and they say they will have her call me & they take my phone #. The next day I call again because I receive no call, I am told not to worry, it’s for security purposes and I will not be billed – they won’t actually take the $100.00…I tell them they already did, my bank statement shows it. They tell me no they didn’t…they just took the $404.80. O.K. I am starting to get angry and tell them I am looking at my bank statement and it shows $504.80 was taken out of my bank account, they tell me it can’t be and will have the manager phone me & not to worry I will have it back within 5-6 days. Today I call around 3:45pm and ask for the manager (they still have not called!!) I was told she was not there, they would have her call me, I laugh and say no, and from there I explain everything that has happened..they tell me I will have my $100.00 back within 2 WEEKS!! I ask for the number to their head office and they tell me they do not have it (right!!) I say fine and hang up. I go online find the # and call and explain that they have taken $100.00 extra out of my account but are saying they have not, I tell them how many messages I left and that the manager never returned any calls, I tell them my hotel statement does not reflect the extra $100.00 they took anywhere and it shows only $404.80 and has a zero balance…the head office assures me they will check into and address each of my concerns (they were very polite)
But I am still ticked and don't trust them, so I go to the Ramada in person. I go to the counter and ask for a copy of the room receipt and the girl prints it off and gives it to me and I put it with my bank statement. I give them my card and ask for my deposit back, the girl looks at the card and says it has no stripe on the back and there is no way they could have used that card….the last 4 digits on their statement match the card!! I show them their receipt and my bank statement and it says on my statement Ramada, Prince Albert $504.80 and theirs says visa $404.80 and I tell them again I want my $100.00 back. They phone their manager at home…while they are talking to her I tell them I want to speak to her – doesn’t happen!! They get off the phone, both girls go in the back room, shut the door and come out several minutes later and tell me it takes time for a visa refund to go through…AGAIN I tell them it’s a debit visa, it goes right through. They tell me I have to phone my visa company and see how long it’s going to take…..I LOSE IT so the girl takes my card and call the number on the back (my bank) after talking for about 15 minutes and frowning lots they hand me the phone, my lovely bank lady tells me that the Ramada has to give me back my money (no kidding Sherlock!!) I thank her and get off the phone, look at the girl and say “give me my $100.00 back, and she tells me she can’t, her system won’t do it…..she needs a manager and she’s not there. In the meantime a man comes out of the back room for backup I guess, lol. He tells me I have to wait. So I tell him you have my money, it’s been 3 days I want it back. I tell him I will phone the police….it’s no different than theft & then I will go to P.A. Tourism with everything and show them all the paperwork. He stares at me so I phone P.A’s finest, I explain what has happened and I am told to hold on and a constable comes on the line. I explain the whole story and he says it’s more of a civil matter and I tell him I do understand that but I want the report on record in case I need it for future reference. He asks for the head office number and I tell him they say they don’t have it, he is stunned when he hears the 2 week Wait too, so he asks if I can give him the local hotel # and I do…he tells me he is going to call and try and help, I thank him, give him my cell and say goodbye (I feel a little guilty, I know they are busy and have to deal with serious stuff). I tell the staff at the Ramada they bought some very bad advertising grab all my stuff and leave. Tourism office is now closed so I go home. I just pull out of town and my phone rings, I pull over & put on my four ways and it’s the officer. He asks me how I made out & I tell him I just walked out. He tells me he called and asked for the manager and was told she was not there, he asked for the name of her superior or boss…they don’t tell him…they ask if he is phoning about me?, he was shocked - lmao…HELLO answer the officer, he asked you a question!! Him and I chat about this whole thing and he is chuckling at my sarcasm regarding they’re business ethics. I thank him and tell him I just want it on record for future reference. Now it’s time to see how tomorrow goes, and I am going to phone head office back and tell them they wouldn’t even cooperate with a police officer when they requested information. …..They even made a refernce that I NEEDED the money back, I unfolded to show them my balance, trying to make me feel bad as if I was broke did not work....would never refer this place to anyone!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank teresa S
RamadaPrinceAlbert, General Manager at Ramada Prince Albert, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Teresa,

Thank you for your time and the review. I am sorry what you have gone through. Based upon our e-mail corespondence on Oct 18, 2012, you have mentioned that Royal Bank has refunded you $100.I would be really happy to discuss your stay with us further, and how the virtual visa/debt works in detail. I could be reached at bwramada@gmail.com or 1-306-922-1333.

Regards,