“very disappointed”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Prince Albert
Saskatchewan
“very disappointed”
Reviewed October 27, 2009

I was truly disappointed with this hotel. Our family stayed three nights over a long weekend. On the last night we came back to the room in the same condition we left it. They did not clean our room!!! If I was at home - beds would be made, garbage taken out, clean towels, clean sink/tub, and so forth. We have an infant and two school age kids to entertain. We had pampers, snacks, and ordered take-out pizza/pop cans. It does not take much to fill out those small garbage cans. Disappointing! It is a newer hotel with lovely decor and a decent breakfast but that is it. The front staff and (especially) the housekeeping were not understanding. We were given a ten dollar discount. That was it. NO sincere apology from anyone. Blame it on someone else.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Coaldale, Canada
Reviewed September 16, 2009

Tried this motel, because it was new, and some motels in PA can be scary. It was ok, breakfast was quite good it fact. But the rooms were somewhat noisy, and it's true the parking lot was small and there is a decrepit hotel next door. Our room was clean, good amenities, fine for one night. BUT EXPENSIVE !!! $ 135.00 canadian with the tax. Wish we had stayed at the Best Western.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Canada
Reviewed August 30, 2009

I waited 30minutes to check-in to the hotel.
When I went into my room, it was the dirtiest hotel room I have ever seen. I found a lid to a drink cup and a price tag off some clothing near the desk in the room. On one side of the bed was a pair of men's socks. On the other side of the bed (near the chair) was a child's hand held video game. There was popcorn and pieces of food all around the beds.
When I went back to the desk to ask for a different room, they very casually said 'Oh, yeah. Our cleaning staff didn't come in today. Not one of them showed up to work'.
TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank cbp079
Calgary, AB
Reviewed August 26, 2009

Well it would appear by the review by Don below that they still have not got the process down after an additional two months.

I was looking forward to having the option of a new Holiday Inn to stay at in Prince Albert. My job takes me all over Western Canada and I have become very happy overall with the service from this chain.

Parking
The lot is still being finished (I hope they don't think it's complete) and is shared with the No Tell Motel in the same parking lot. Parking must be safer at the Holiday Inn because most of the motel customer seem to use the HI spots. Make sure that ALL items are removed from your car!

Check In
As a Platinum member with Holiday Inn I appreciate the fact that my room key and check in paperwork is ready for me when I arrive. Not at this location. They had to look up and verify the reservation then try and find a room for me.

For a non-smoker the lobby is not very friendly. The staff keep the front doors held open and smoke right outside of them (in full uniform). All of the smoke drifts into the lobby and breakfast area.

Room
When they finally found my reservation the room key and paperwork was completed quickly. Upon entering the room I realized that it was not even close to the description of the room that I had reserved on-line. I called down to the front desk to enquire and was put on hold while they tried to figure things out. After reading their own room description to them as outlined on their website it was back to being put on hold.

It seemed as though they realized the mistake and offered me the room that I had reserved. Back to the front desk for a new room assignment.

Guess what, this was not the described room either. Oh well, I've given up at this point (we're now almost a hour after arrival). The new room was very sparce. You could see indents in the carpet where there used to be a coffee table in front of the sofa but that was now missing. There were also other carpet markings that seemed to indicate that there was other furniture in the room in the past but I guess it was needed elsewhere.

On a positive note the room was fairly clean overall with the exception of some good chunks of wood taken out of the dressers and the decaying remains of the previous guests coffee grounds still in the coffee maker.

Unlike the check in staff the morning crew seems much better. After explaining a few of the issues the front desk staff removed $10.00 from the bill without any request.

Looks like this location still needs some training to become part of the Holiday Inn family.

If your plans take you further south I HIGHLY recommend the Holiday Inn in Saskatoon. I know I'll be making the extra hours drive in the future.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Rider1500
Winnipeg
Reviewed July 8, 2009

Stayed at this locaiton for one night. It's not like the one's I'm used to in the USA. Seemed more "sterile" and construction oriented. I could clearly hear the people in the room above walking across the floor, not very good sound proofing. The pool area was very basic looking and there was some type of bubble stuff floating in the pool. The staff were friendly but because it was new they appeared to be still figuring it out. I would not stay here for a vacation but for business it was O.K.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business