“Family Suite hard to book?” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Prince Albert

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Prince Albert
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Prince Albert
Flin Flon, Canada
“Family Suite hard to book?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

I was traveling with 3 children and figured that booking a suite was the way to go, but when we got to the hotel, they tried putting us in a regular 2-queen-bed room. The guy at the front desk tried telling me that this was considered a suite with a kitchenette because it had a microwave. I showed him my reservation (through Expedia) and after a bit more talking, we were installed in the family suite. There are 2 rooms (1 bedroom); 2 queen beds + a pull-out couch. The rooms are well-appointed but not as clean as they should be.

I must say that this is the first hotel I've ever stayed at where upon check-in, the first thing greeting us as we get off of the elevator are numerous bags of garbage. We checked in at around 6 PM & saw bags on both the second and third floors. Not a great first impression.

The cleaning is suspect as my son found a bobby pin by his bed, peanuts by the kitchenette table & I found an empty bottle of alcohol under my bedskirt. If we find bigger stuff like that, I wonder about what can't be seen.

On the other hand, there aren't many choices if you want to book a suite in Prince Albert. It is a newer hotel & the finishes are nice but at the very least, the cleaning staff needs better training & I don't know that I'd suggest booking through a secondary agent like Expedia if you want something beyond a standard room.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank sipme
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Prince Albert, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear sipme,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Your comments about the difficulties you had at check in has been documented and we are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Regina, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Older hotel, but clean and decent sized rooms. The room warms up fast which is important considering what winter in Saskatchewan is like. Breakfast included is convenient.

Cons: Slowest elevator ever. No automatic front doors (I know this is being very picky, but it's a pain when your hand are full of bags)

Overall, this hotel is average. It serves its purpose and I would recommend it. It probably is the best hotel in the city based on what others in my party who stayed elsewhere have said.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Sheila P
GSM-HIEX, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Prince Albert, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Thank you for your valuable response. We're so glad you enjoyed the hot breakfast and warm room during this cold winter! As a management team, we are looking into your review to see how we can better accommodate. Thank you and we look forward to having you stay with us again.
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express back in October while on a business trip in Prince Albert. I always dread going to PA for work because of the limited and poor selection of hotels in the city. I was really pleased with my stay at the Holiday Inn Express - the rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable, and quiet and the complimentary breakfast was much better than I had expected. I will definitely be returning on my next visit to PA!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CarolynCyr
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Dedicated front desk staff. Bad however that computers were being used by staff in business office. Great Value, by far best hotel in Prince Albert.

They should have security however in tge evenings, not nice to be harrassed by tge local riff raft.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank David M
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Prince Albert is an Isolated town with few hotels to choose from. Stayed there for two weeks on business as it was affordable and I normally relly like Holiday Inn. The Hotel was clean and comfortable, nice decor inside, Regular Staff were SUPER nice and accomodating trying to fix repeated problems with fridge freezing my food (maintenance man came twice, then the other maintenace man replaced it, the Front desk lady refunded me $25 of lost food, the second fridge froze THAT, they refunded me another $25 on my last day, and finally the GM emailed me after I got home). Part time staff were less knowledgeable ex didn't know anything about how to order movies (you CANT- they don't have that service), the onsite lounge/bar is filled with VERY drunken patrons every night and fights are routine- went once because the restaurant was closed, tried to go back and changed my mind each time after peeking in, but unfortunately as a smoker I was still exposed to the chaos when I went outside to smoke. The included breakfast leaves to be desired some days, but the food at other times was really good and the restaurant staff awesome. If not for the wonderful staff I probably would have left with a sour taste in my mouth, but they really were awesome. Even the waitress in the raunchy bar gets applause because she has to deal all the inebriated patrons and still managed a smile .

Room Tip: as far from the bar as possible- on the second floor for safety. no perishables in fridge.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CabareteGirl_27
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Prince Albert, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear CabareteGirl_27,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are so glad you liked the friendliness of our staff. Please allow us to apologize for the shortfalls you have experienced and any inconvenience you may have encountered that did not live up to your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
La Ronge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I love staying at this hotel. The one thing that could be improved is the air quality. I find it a little bit dry and stuffy in the room at night. The breakfast is always good and I love the location of the hotel. It is close and convenient to many restaurants and shopping. This is my hotel of choice in P.A. when I travel for business or personal.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Merle L
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Truly did not expect much - that is to say of any hotels in P.A. let alone the Holiday Inn Express. We were pleasantly surprised as the staff were delightful, courteous and very friendly. The breakfast was really great, both warm and plentiful. The hotel's location is perfect.

Two items on the downside: the walls are more or less paper thin so your neighbour's phone call isn't always private and we were accosted by people a few rooms down the hall throwing out racial slurs at ourselves and young son. That's not the hotel's fault of course just the small minded nature of the truly drunk and ignorant. We met a lot of those in Prince Albert.

If you need a place to stay for a couple of nights it's okay. We can't say anything really bad about the hotel. Enjoy!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PerMare M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Prince Albert, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear PerMare M,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so pleased you liked the fine location of our hotel in the area and found our staff to be friendly. We apologize for the experience you had with the noise and any inconvenience you may have encountered that fell below your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M