I was traveling with 3 children and figured that booking a suite was the way to go, but when we got to the hotel, they tried putting us in a regular 2-queen-bed room. The guy at the front desk tried telling me that this was considered a suite with a kitchenette because it had a microwave. I showed him my reservation (through Expedia) and after a bit more talking, we were installed in the family suite. There are 2 rooms (1 bedroom); 2 queen beds + a pull-out couch. The rooms are well-appointed but not as clean as they should be.
I must say that this is the first hotel I've ever stayed at where upon check-in, the first thing greeting us as we get off of the elevator are numerous bags of garbage. We checked in at around 6 PM & saw bags on both the second and third floors. Not a great first impression.
The cleaning is suspect as my son found a bobby pin by his bed, peanuts by the kitchenette table & I found an empty bottle of alcohol under my bedskirt. If we find bigger stuff like that, I wonder about what can't be seen.
On the other hand, there aren't many choices if you want to book a suite in Prince Albert. It is a newer hotel & the finishes are nice but at the very least, the cleaning staff needs better training & I don't know that I'd suggest booking through a secondary agent like Expedia if you want something beyond a standard room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel in Prince Albert offers grand view of Canada's Gateway to the north. Located in the heart of Saskatchewan, Prince Albert is a quiet town that offers a variety of attractions for the business and leisure traveler. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Prince Albert can provide you with a comfortable place to stay while you explore one of the last outposts on the Canadian frontier. Prince Albert is home to a wealth of historic and outdoor attractions. While you stay with us, consider taking a kayak or canoeing trip. Fresh Air Experience offers several different kinds of guided nature tours and is located three kilometers from our Prince Albert hotel. Other attractions include the John Diefenbaker Historic House and the Prince Albert Historic Museum. Both of these historic sites are just three kilometers from our Prince Albert accommodations. Our hotel is also close to the Northern Lights Casino. Business travelers will find that our hotel is close to many corporate businesses and that lodging in our Prince Albert hotel allows them to utilize our 24-hour business centre with copy, fax and print services, as well as our on-site meeting space. When you stay with us, you can take advantage of our choice hotel amenities, which include an indoor pool and whirlpool that you can relax in after a long day of work or sightseeing. Come to Saskatchewan and start your Prince Albert vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Prince Albert reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Prince Albert
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Prince Albert Saskatchewan