“Tired and Miserly”

Comfort Inn Prince Albert
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Prince Albert
Reviewed February 9, 2009

This is a tired hotel in need of an upgrade. I know that I stayed in a Comfort Inn in Ontario in 1993 where the room looked almost identical to this one. Location is good and rooms are OK. Not sure about how thorough the housekeeping is -- found change (money) on the floor by the table.

When I checked in the person ahead of me was quoted a rate $20 less than mine -- he didn't have a reservation, I did, When I inquired, about the difference I was advised that his was a government rate. As I was staying on government business, I made that case that my rate should be the same. After some fumbling with the computer, some huffing and puffing, my rate was reluctantly changed. For the sake of trying to protect $20 in rate, this hotel is unlikely to get future business from me.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank TourGuy2

Reviewed January 14, 2008

There was an overzealous security guard that walked the hallways after 11 listening at the doors for any little noise that came out of the rooms. The doors were so paper thin that you could hear anything going on in the hallways or vice-versa. The rooms were fairly clean other than the bit of paper I found under my bed that was left by a previous person and the bed and pillows were comfortable. I would not recommend staying here if you plan to visit with others in the hotel after 11 or if you are a light sleeper.

• Stayed: January 2008
4  Thank hayu
Reviewed October 27, 2006

It was certainly not what I expected from the website! The first room I was given was on the second floor with no elevator, and as I was travelling with workshop materials (read large bins of books etc) I simply couldn't use that room. I asked for something on the main floor, and was given a cramped, small, sad room with stained carpets and saggy beds. I tried to plug in my computer (dial up only so it didn't work) and in doing so found more octopus outlets than I cared to think about. I thought that might just be fire hazard... There was a new microwave and a small fridge, but that made the room terribly crowded. The sliding doors opened to the parking lot (female travelling alone - a definite no-no).

I promptly packed everything into the car and went across the highway to the Days Inn, which was wonderful.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
6  Thank prairielover
Reviewed October 17, 2005

I had relied on my travel agent to reserve a room for me. Upon my arrival at the chosen hotel, I made a quick decision to leave as the cliental was less then desirable. Needless to say, I did not feel safe. I had noticed on my way into town that there was a Comfort Inn, so I decided to get a room there.
The moment I walked into the door I was greeted with smiles and attention welcoming me in. I instantly felt "at home", the rooms were amazingly clean, and the staff went out of their way to help accomodate my needs. Even though they don't have a fitness centre on site, they give free day passes to a nearby gym. If you do not want to stay there for breakfast, they offer 25% off coupons to Grainfields restaurant (which was also delicious).
The room I was reserved in had a queen size bed, couch, fridge and microwave. The showers were wonderful with special shower curtains that gives you more room to move.
I made sure I gave them my information so I can get special rates at all their hotels. I definatly encourage people to stay.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2005

We came here on a sunday for one night so it was not all that busy. It was another basic Comfort Inn, clean, but not much more. The problem was the breakfast costed $3.00 and it was OK looking. We just went to Tim Horton's and got some muffins and coffee.

The room was great and the beds were wonderful. It was also beside Canadian Tire so being that there was no pool or fitness room it was fun to go for a quick shop. The room also had a sliding glass door to outside. We could park our mini van right in front.

There sign could use some help. It was large enough but had a ton of holes in it so it made the place look sloppy. It was a very nice hotel and the staff were nice although they were not all that pro. When there was no one in the lobby they would go out in front of the door and have a smoke. Not appeling if you were just walking in. The price was a little high for what they had but for one night it was fine.

The brand new Super 8 Motel across the street looked like a little better value for your money

• Stayed: May 2005
1  Thank TravelEast13
Reviewed September 4, 2005

This is by far the best hotel/motel/inn to stay in Prince Albert. The staff were efficient and friendly. The room was very clean and comfortable. The bathroom had a hair dryer, iron and board all strategically placed so they were not in the way. Great value for your money!!

The only problem I encountered was the smell of smoke (I was in a non smoking room) and I'm not sure if the smoking rooms are integrated with non smoking or what. I'm also not sure if the all the smoking rooms were on the bottom floor, but I could definitely smell cigarette smoke. Other than that I had a great stay

I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled on business

4.Good Staff
5.Great Lobby
6.Walkouts

Con List

1.Price Poor For What You Get (No Pool Exe.)
2.$2.99 Breakfast (Which Is Not As Good Or As Cheap As Tim Hortan's
3.Pets Have To Be In Smoking Room (Which Is Beyond CRAP)

Overall I Have To Say To You This Is The Best Choise In P.A

Also I Would Like To Say That Prince Albert Is An Awesome City It's Like A Little Edmonton...

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member